Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Henri Lansbury - Here till the end of the season?

Tonight I had a chat with a current player from our club at my

workplace. We came onto the subject of Lansbury and if there''s any

chance of us keeping him till the end of the season.He said that apparently Lambert has already spoken to Wenger about this and that the signs are looking good.Supposedly

Wenger is prepared to let it happen as long as Lansbury stays in the

1st team picture and keeps getting exposure to the game.Lansbury

is more than happy to stay as he already knows the area and realises

that staying will be of long term benefit to his career.Fingers crossed it all works out well.

[quote user="super dave"]Tonight I had a chat with a current player from our club at my

chance of us keeping him till the end of the season.He said that apparently Lambert has already spoken to Wenger about this and that the signs are looking good.Supposedly

1st team picture and keeps getting exposure to the game.Lansbury

that staying will be of long term benefit to his career.Fingers crossed it all works out well.[/quote]Sounds like someone is telling tall tales to me. Players know they shouldn''t discuss potential transfers with fans. Also how would Lansbury know the area? He is from Enfield and played at the Norwich satellite academy in Hertfordshire for two years, and would only come to Norwich occasionally, and then he would just be driven in for a match and return almost straight away. Hopefully we can extend his loan though, as he is a cut above many players in the Championship.

[quote user="DOGGER"]Hope not Morty, i dream of a midfield containing Surman, Lansbury and Wes[/quote]Blimey, that would be a treat!I just have this notion that theres something going on behind the scenes, and the swap + cash deal for barnett isn''t that far fetched really.

[quote user="super dave"]Tonight I had a chat with a current player from our club at my

1st team picture and keeps getting exposure to the game.
Lansbury

that staying will be of long term benefit to his career.Fingers crossed it all works out well.[/quote]And yet again the loan system is used for the richest clubs.Make no mistake, Henri Lansbury is an excellent footballer and will do a wonderful job for us, but to what purpose?He stays with us, he becomes an integral part of a team which could be pushing for promotion, and then Mr Wenger says "Thanks for promoting my player, thanks for giving him the experience he needed, thanks for increasing his value so much that you certainly can now not afford him, thanks for giving him the exposure I wanted him to get, thanks for making him a better player ........................... I''ll have him back now."And what do we get? A good player for the rest of the season who could be imperative to our promotion push who we suddenly lose and have to look for a replacement. Will we get anybody as good? Will we get anybody who will fit in as he does? Will we have to adjust our game plans for another player?The loan system stinks. It is not there now for the lesser clubs as it was originally intended it is there for the rich clubs to get richer.Henri Lansbury is one of fifteen players that Arsenal have out on loan this season.If those players were not loaned out, by clubs taking them, how many of them would be available for transfer? And could we then possibly be in the picture to buy Henri Lansbury because, make no mistake, he will never be our player with the loan system as it is. And make no mistake, nothing would please me more than if he was our player.Ban the loan system, introduce squad limitation and give the smaller clubs the chance to own their own players.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="super dave"]Tonight I had a chat with a current player from our club at my

Lansbury

that staying will be of long term benefit to his career.Fingers crossed it all works out well.[/quote]And yet again the loan system is used for the richest clubs.Make no mistake, Henri Lansbury is an excellent footballer and will do a wonderful job for us, but to what purpose?He stays with us, he becomes an integral part of a team which could be pushing for promotion, and then Mr Wenger says "Thanks for promoting my player, thanks for giving him the experience he needed, thanks for increasing his value so much that you certainly can now not afford him, thanks for giving him the exposure I wanted him to get, thanks for making him a better player ........................... I''ll have him back now."And what do we get? A good player for the rest of the season who could be imperative to our promotion push who we suddenly lose and have to look for a replacement. Will we get anybody as good? Will we get anybody who will fit in as he does? Will we have to adjust our game plans for another player?The loan system stinks. It is not there now for the lesser clubs as it was originally intended it is there for the rich clubs to get richer.Henri Lansbury is one of fifteen players that Arsenal have out on loan this season.If those players were not loaned out, by clubs taking them, how many of them would be available for transfer? And could we then possibly be in the picture to buy Henri Lansbury because, make no mistake, he will never be our player with the loan system as it is. And make no mistake, nothing would please me more than if he was our player.Ban the loan system, introduce squad limitation and give the smaller clubs the chance to own their own players.

[/quote]Remember when We got Huckerby and Crouch in on loan and got promoted?How much is that worth? About 60 million I have heard bandied around.Used properly the loan system will always benefit the player and both clubs. Its having the judgment to know the best players to bring in and how many of them that makes the difference.

[quote user="morty"]If this turns out to be true, I wonder if this signals the departure of Hoolahan?
[/quote]

You and me both Morty, the rumour on here a while ago about Wes and Barnett being involved in a swap deal still worries me.

Both players out of contract and with Wes, you can see him enjoying playing under a Manager like Martinez who wasn''t too shabby a midfielder himself.

Lansbury looks as creative with an eye for the pass, maybe not the dinky runs, but one helluva talent if he is the "compensation", even if it is only until May.

But then again, there could be nothing in it, so...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="super dave"]Tonight I had a chat with a current player from our club at my

Lansbury

[/quote]Remember when We got Huckerby and Crouch in on loan and got promoted?How much is that worth? About 60 million I have heard bandied around.Used properly the loan system will always benefit the player and both clubs. Its having the judgment to know the best players to bring in and how many of them that makes the difference.[/quote]Yes I remember well when we got Huckerby, Crouch and Harper.Had the loan system not been used for other clubs benefits all three players would probably been able to have been purchased for what it cost us to get Huckerby after his performances for us had increased his value considerably.Even then the system was beginning to get exploited.

The loan system has a vital place in the development of players and clubs,  has been around for years and is fundamentally the right thing.   We are benefitting from it now in both ways,  lansbury and Barnett in,  Whiggins out then left last season and OTJ back in form this.  The system is sound - as is the supply and demand financial implications - any player who does well has their price increase.   We saw it with Hux, crouch, Evans &  bentley before - yet our club benefitted from having those players too.

Where it falls down is when large clubs swallow a disproportionate amount of young talent in their acadamies hoping for a good un.   That restricts the flow of players and transfer fees to the detriment of football overall.  Being able to loan 15 players out is where it goes wrong - restricting clubs to core squad sizes is the solution - so large enough to develop and loan,  without cornering the market

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="super dave"]Tonight I had a chat with a current player from our club at my workplace. We came onto the subject of Lansbury and if there''s any chance of us keeping him till the end of the season.

He said that apparently Lambert has already spoken to Wenger about this and that the signs are looking good.

Supposedly Wenger is prepared to let it happen as long as Lansbury stays in the 1st team picture and keeps getting exposure to the game.

Lansbury is more than happy to stay as he already knows the area and realises that staying will be of long term benefit to his career.

Fingers crossed it all works out well.
[/quote]

And yet again the loan system is used for the richest clubs.
Make no mistake, Henri Lansbury is an excellent footballer and will do a wonderful job for us, but to what purpose?
He stays with us, he becomes an integral part of a team which could be pushing for promotion, and then Mr Wenger says "Thanks for promoting my player, thanks for giving him the experience he needed, thanks for increasing his value so much that you certainly can now not afford him, thanks for giving him the exposure I wanted him to get, thanks for making him a better player ........................... I''ll have him back now."
And what do we get? A good player for the rest of the season who could be imperative to our promotion push who we suddenly lose and have to look for a replacement. Will we get anybody as good? Will we get anybody who will fit in as he does? Will we have to adjust our game plans for another player?

The loan system stinks. It is not there now for the lesser clubs as it was originally intended it is there for the rich clubs to get richer.

Henri Lansbury is one of fifteen players that Arsenal have out on loan this season.

If those players were not loaned out, by clubs taking them, how many of them would be available for transfer? And could we then possibly be in the picture to buy Henri Lansbury because, make no mistake, he will never be our player with the loan system as it is. And make no mistake, nothing would please me more than if he was our player.

Ban the loan system, introduce squad limitation and give the smaller clubs the chance to own their own players.

[/quote]

Remember when We got Huckerby and Crouch in on loan and got promoted?

How much is that worth? About 60 million I have heard bandied around.

Used properly the loan system will always benefit the player and both clubs. Its having the judgment to know the best players to bring in and how many of them that makes the difference.
[/quote]

Yes I remember well when we got Huckerby, Crouch and Harper.
Had the loan system not been used for other clubs benefits all three players would probably been able to have been purchased for what it cost us to get Huckerby after his performances for us had increased his value considerably.

Even then the system was beginning to get exploited.
[/quote]

Crouch, Huckerby and Harper all for £700k? I very much doubt it. And what would you pay their wages with?

If we hadn''t of loaned Huckerby we would probably have never ended up signing him at all, it is well documented how Huckerby himself was pushing for the transfer and Man City dramatically reduced their asking price due to pressure from the player. He would never have provided this pressure if it wasn''t for the loan spell, it is questionable he would have even of wanted to come to the club if he hadn''t had the loan spell first.

If the loan system didn''t exisit then the big clubs would still have large squads, clubs like Arsenal and Man U wouldn''t let players like Lansbuty etc leave because they can see their talent. I would imagine you would start to see "B" clubs like you have in Spain and Holland, or players would be "sold" to other clubs for a year on the agreement they return afterwards -- this is already what happens with international loans.

So Yellow Wall, what are we doing with Cody Macdonald, Adeyemi, possibly Rudd or Steer at some point, and OTJ going out on loan etc?

It isn''t a one way system, comments like yours really annoy me. Arsenal get rid of plenty of their youngsters, and if anything are benefiting the game because they have so many young players, and quite a few are English...

Premiership clubs are swallowing up the best young talent in the game into massive playing squads.

The new 25 man squad rules are a start but they don''t go close to rectifying the issue, because they''ll pick the 25 man squad and then have a host of under 21 players in reserve.

Clubs don''t need 30 man squads, 8/9 players in each Premier League squad could be plying their trade at the next level and then the same as you go down the pyramid.

However the system is what it is and we can still benefit from loaning players rather than not doing so.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So Yellow Wall, what are we doing with Cody Macdonald, Adeyemi, possibly Rudd or Steer at some point, and OTJ going out on loan etc?

It isn''t a one way system...[/quote]

Have to agree here, it cuts both ways. Would be great to have Angela till the end of the season, but i think we''d all be gutted to send him back to the Emirates should we get promoted... Unless, of course, some cash was found and for some absurd reason Wenger decided he didn''t want him. Can''t see it though - especially as Fabregas will probably still be off to Barca?

[quote user="morty"]If this turns out to be true, I wonder if this signals the departure of Hoolahan?
[/quote]

I hope so, overated imho, Lambert can, and is, winning games without him, lets cash in on him now.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

I hope so, overated imho, Lambert can, and is, winning games without him, lets cash in on him now.

[/quote]

You idiot Wiz. I went to the Derby game on saturday and Wessi ran the game for us (alongside Lansbury).

He kept on finding space in the midfield and tore the Derby defence to shred. Even though he was tightly marked he kept on finding the front two and other team mates.

Like Holt and his criticisers, if we lose Wes then we''ll suffer as a consequence- especially as Lansbury wont be here long term.

I spoke to a current player who visited my workplace last night. He says Lansbury is going back to Arsenal in the new year, and to replace Fabregas.

Fabregas is coming to Norwich til the end of the season to recover full fitness and get some game time.

Mancini popped in as well and reckoned he wants Hoolahan to replace Tevez, who''s got the hump and wants a move.

You heard it here first...............

[quote user="CT"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You idiot Wiz. I went to the Derby game on saturday and Wessi ran the game for us (alongside Lansbury).

He kept on finding space in the midfield and tore the Derby defence to shred. Even though he was tightly marked he kept on finding the front two and other team mates.

Like Holt and his criticisers, if we lose Wes then we''ll suffer as a consequence- especially as Lansbury wont be here long term.

[/quote]

Just get lost CT, its just my opinion, I mean, I think you''re a prized turd, but I don''t keep insulting you for expressing your views do I?

The great wes is stalling signing a new contract apparently so no doubt I''ll get my wish anyway.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CT"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]If this turns out to be true, I wonder if this signals the departure of Hoolahan?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just get lost CT, its just my opinion, I mean, I think you''re a prized turd, but I don''t keep insulting you for expressing your views do I?

The great wes is stalling signing a new contract apparently so no doubt I''ll get my wish anyway.

[/quote]Not having a pop Wiz; have you got a source on the Wes contract? Interested to know... or is it confidential?

There is no way Hoolahan was running the show at Derby, he showed glimpses of class but playing on the left of the diamond he left us lightweight in there and gave the ball away in dangerous areas too often.

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CT"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not having a pop Wiz; have you got a source on the Wes contract? Interested to know... or is it confidential?
[/quote]

Other than posters general forum talk JS, no, I don''t have a source I''m afraid.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CT"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]If this turns out to be true, I wonder if this signals the departure of Hoolahan?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Not having a pop Wiz; have you got a source on the Wes contract? Interested to know... or is it confidential?[/quote]

Other than posters general forum talk JS, no, I don''t have a source I''m afraid.

[/quote]You may well be right then. Not sure whether he''s likely to get a better offer elsewhere, though.

Guess we will hear soon re Lansbury as he''s only here for another 2 weeks.

At this stage of his game Wes in my opinion should stay put and become very much loved at one club, what is he 28/29 and already been about, I think this time for young Wesley the grass is not always greener.

Oh yeah and back on topic Henri here for rest of season, would love it, great player but can''t see it.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

You and me both Morty, the rumour on here a while ago about Wes and Barnett being involved in a swap deal still worries me.

Both players out of contract and with Wes, you can see him enjoying playing under a Manager like Martinez who wasn''t too shabby a midfielder himself.

Lansbury looks as creative with an eye for the pass, maybe not the dinky runs, but one helluva talent if he is the "compensation", even if it is only until May.

But then again, there could be nothing in it, so...

[/quote]Felt the need to login just to say that this is such a terrible, factually inaccurate post.

Twitchy, why can''t you see it?

What would Arsenal need him for? Has he played for them this season at all? It would be in their interests for him to be out on loan for the rest of the season, the only reason he wouldn''t come here would be Lambert not guaranteeing him a starting place every game....

If Lansbury does stay longer, I can''t see Wes leaving. With Surman injured, Wes is needed on the left in either the diamond or a 4-4-2. From the noises being made, I would guess both Barnett and Lansbury will have their loans extended with no one leaving.