Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Idea of formation for Saturday.

Some may see this as a kick in the teeth for Jackson, but I really think we should play a 4-5-1 on Saturday, with Hoolahan and Lansbury just in behind C Martin (both central but driting wide) something like this:

Ruddy

R Martin Ward Barnett Lappin

K Smith Crofts Fox

Lansbury Hoolahan

C Martin

I know we are at home and playing 1 up front isn''t ideal - but look how solid, yet attacking that team actually is. Lansbury and Hoolahan would be so free, knowing they have 3 more defensive looking midfielders behind them (Crofts could still bomb up and down)

I would start with this, and bring on Jackson/McNamee if it doesn''t go to plan.

Thoughts?

Nice one. I like it. As you say, we have the option to try different formations if it''s not working, & not likely to be a disaster due to its being solid. Even if we don''t score for a while, it could wear Pompey down to a point where Jackson & Macca would finish them off.I doubt Lambo would go for it though!

I like that alot too. I think it would suit Lansbury and Hoolahan well as both like to roam around all over the place.

Just tried it out via condiments on the kitchen table. The opposition toaster (centre back pairing) couldn''t cope. Far too static to pick up the wily moves/position swaps//easy-ohsies of the mustard (lansbury), pepper (martin) and sainsburys mini gherkins (wes).

FORMATION/TACTIC ENDORSED.