Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Orient it is then..

Won 8-2 after extra time, after being 2-0 down after 89 minutes!! Imagine what we''d have done to them if we were against them with our full squad playing at their best! Highest ever win for us I think!

[quote user="ryan1992"]Won 8-2 after extra time, after being 2-0 down after 89 minutes!! Imagine what we''d have done to them if we were against them with our full squad playing at their best! Highest ever win for us I think![/quote]

No, they were 2-0 down after 54 minutes, scored after 77 and got the equaliser in the 89th minute.

Oh sorry, must have heard it wrong [:$] Hope we can get a decent run in the cup this year, Can''t take Orient for granted though, which PL won''t let us do.

Droysdon would have been better. a bit of a fairy tale/ cup magic

Could have given us a TV game - extra money etc

Hopefully we will give them a good ''slap'' for last season''s defeat. I had returned nigh on 40 years later to Bribane Road, full of hope (and Guinesss) to find myself amongst a whole gaggle of spotty oiks joyfully throwing inflatables in the air.

Well done, I thought. Only to be let down far worse than ever those inflatables were. Nevermind alls well etc.

I want a team put out with Rudd, Tenpole Tudor, Gill, Oli - and if fit Nelson, Hughes and Whitbread ! Let Lambert come and sit in the Barclay, get Delia serving behind one of the bars and the players to be presented to the Queen before the game. She''s only up the road at Sandringham and I''m sure there''s a supporters coach/minibus that comes from Lynn so she can blag a lift there. If not her then it''ll have to be our own Stephen Fry - not the real queen, but....

[quote user="City1st"]Droysdon would have been better. a bit of a fairy tale/ cup magic Could have given us a TV game - extra money etc Hopefully we will give them a good ''slap'' for last season''s defeat. I had returned nigh on 40 years later to Bribane Road, full of hope (and Guinesss) to find myself amongst a whole gaggle of spotty oiks joyfully throwing inflatables in the air. Well done, I thought. Only to be let down far worse than ever those inflatables were. Nevermind alls well etc. I want a team put out with Rudd, Tenpole Tudor, Gill, Oli - and if fit Nelson, Hughes and Whitbread ! Let Lambert come and sit in the Barclay, get Delia serving behind one of the bars and the players to be presented to the Queen before the game. She''s only up the road at Sandringham and I''m sure there''s a supporters coach/minibus that comes from Lynn so she can blag a lift there. If not her then it''ll have to be our own Stephen Fry - not the real queen, but....[/quote]

Well last nights match was anything but a fairytail, more like gun fight at the OK carral. 4 players off Droylesdon manager sent to stands, sounds familier.Orient will be no pushover 

[quote]However the replay ended it was still going to be an easy tie on paper [/quote]if only football was played on Paper...

[quote user="Power Hamster"]Do people think a good cup run this season would help or hinder our league form? Or not make much difference at all?
[/quote]

A long cup run will definitely hinder it due to extra injuries, suspensions, fixture congestion and players losing focus. In this league we have 46 games already to play, so while I would like a cup run , promotion has to be the priority. Remember last season, Leeds had a Cup run that almost ruined their promotion campaign as all the attention went to their main striker''s head. I''m therefore hoping that Cardiff and QPR have great cup-runs !!!!