Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Score prediction vs Pompey!

It''s a game we should win but despite their very small squad they do have some quality players and they will be by no means a pushover and it will probably be a lot harder than a lot of us realise.  However I think if we score first and get control of the game then it should be a routine three points.  I will go...

3-0 Norwich, C.Martin, Lansbury and Hoolahan to score.

I think we score will early on and then finish them off either side of half time[:)]

Because i''m coming home, it will be a win :D

I''m going to go for 4-1 (very negative as usual :P)

Chrissy Martin to get 2, 1 for Jackson and 1 for Barnett....

In recent weeks, Portsmouth have drawn with QPR and beaten Swansea (at Swansea). This will be a very tough match for us.

I don''t see this as a routine home win at all. It will be a very tight game and Holts absence may be pivotal. I can''t see us scoring more than once so I''m hoping for 1-0 but a 1-1 draw wouldn''t surprise me.

I hope it''s not a repeat of the last game we started without Holt. (Watford match) I think i''ll go for 1-1. Hoolahan to score.

A positive first 10 minutes is undone after Portsmouth score off their first corner. A corner that should not have been given to boot. GAH!

Consumed with revenge, Crofts lashes one at goal straight from the restart, it deflects wickedly off Simeon Jacksons calf and pings in the net. HAVE SUMMA THAT!!

With the River End roaring the boys on like feral beasts, City dominate the remainder of the first half, Lappin and Russell Martin whipping in some wonderful crosses which cause pandy in the Pompy pen area.

Still, its 1-1 at halfsies.

---half time---some one hits the cross bar 3x in a row in the challenge. A good omen.

Second half City snot Pompey AOTS, Chris Martin gets 2, the second of which is a venomous first time volley and there time for Simeon to bag one before being subbed for the almost forgotten Oli Johnson, who hits the woodwork with his first effort then gets send off for calling the ref a ballbag when his second effort in the dying moments is (correctly) ruled out for offside.

4-1 Norwich.

[quote user="mikewalker"]

A positive first 10 minutes is undone after Portsmouth score off their first corner. A corner that should not have been given to boot. GAH!

Consumed with revenge, Crofts lashes one at goal straight from the restart, it deflects wickedly off Simeon Jacksons calf and pings in the net. HAVE SUMMA THAT!!

With the River End roaring the boys on like feral beasts, City dominate the remainder of the first half, Lappin and Russell Martin whipping in some wonderful crosses which cause pandy in the Pompy pen area.

Still, its 1-1 at halfsies.

---half time---some one hits the cross bar 3x in a row in the challenge. A good omen.

Second half City snot Pompey AOTS, Chris Martin gets 2, the second of which is a venomous first time volley and there time for Simeon to bag one before being subbed for the almost forgotten Oli Johnson, who hits the woodwork with his first effort then gets send off for calling the ref a ballbag when his second effort in the dying moments is (correctly) ruled out for offside.

4-1 Norwich.

[/quote]In this parallel Universe, nailing jelly to the ceiling is a popular pastime.

Norwich to win 3-2, goals from Lansbury, Martin C, and Hoolahan (pen), all in the second half. Pompey''s goals both from set-pieces, one early in the first half, and one in the 90th minute, leading to a nervous 5 minutes of stoppage time.