Sign in to follow this  
Capn_C

How good is your memory? Can anyone help name the City scorers?

I''m looking for the Norwich goalscorers in 5 games between 1996 and 2000. Can anyone help me - maybe you''ve got a very good memory or keep a record of goalscorers on your match programme? If not, do you know where else I can find what I''m after?The games are:19 October 1996 - Manchester City 2 - 1 Norwich City (Steve Coppell''s first game in charge of Manchester City)28 December 1996 - Norwich City 2 - 0 Bradford City7 November 1998 - Norwich City 2 - 2 Bradford City26 October 1999 - Norwich City 2 - 0 Stockport County (Roberts was one of the scorers, I just need the other)12 February 2000 - Manchester City 3 -1 Norwich CityCheers.

19 October 1996 - Manchester City 2 - 1 Norwich City (Steve Coppell''s first game in charge of Manchester City)

Clough and Dickov for Citeh and Keith Scott for us.

28 December 1996 - Norwich City 2 - 0 Bradford City

Neil Adams (Pen) & Keith O''Neill.

7 November 1998 - Norwich City 2 - 2 Bradford City

O''Brien OG & Neil Adams for us. Rankin & Mills for Bradford.

26 October 1999 - Norwich City 2 - 0 Stockport County (Roberts was one of the scorers, I just need the other)

Flynn OG and IIIWWWWAAANNNNN

12 February 2000 - Manchester City 3 -1 Norwich City

Iwan got our goal. Goater & Kennedy,2, for Citeh

With your super memory there Nutty (or use of another internet site?) Could you tell me what the score/goal scorers was in a game against Huddersfield at home, in i believe November 1999, possibly 1998...It was my first game, i think Norwich got 2 goals, but can''t remember if it was 2-2 or 2-0....

My memory''s not that good young Pele. I had to look it up. I only ever remember certain games and these days often remember them wrong[;)]

October ''98 Norwich beat Huddersfield 4-2 Bellars and Iwan bagged 2 each and Beresford scored for The Terriers.

Is it that one?

It could be, I didn''t think i ever saw Bellamy though (when did he leave?)

I''ll try and find the programme from that game and get the exact date....

[quote user="Mister Chops"]What date did City sack Nigel Worthington? [:P]
[/quote]

It was known as Black Sunday Mister. Sunday 1st October 2006. We lost 4-1. O''Connor, Gray,2, and Mahon scored for them whilst Robbie Earnshaw scored our solitary goal. After the game, whilst the board were meeting, the heavens opened and wept buckets for Worthy. Young Jellytot and I sheltered from the tears in a doorway. Then the news filtered through. We were devastated till a passer put a comforting hand on my shoulder and said to us "Fear not my friends because our road is now paved with gold, whoever they appoint will be better than Worthy......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]What date did City sack Nigel Worthington? [:P][/quote]

It was known as Black Sunday Mister. Sunday 1st October 2006. We lost 4-1. O''Connor, Gray,2, and Mahon scored for them whilst Robbie Earnshaw scored our solitary goal. After the game, whilst the board were meeting, the heavens opened and wept buckets for Worthy. Young Jellytot and I sheltered from the tears in a doorway. Then the news filtered through. We were devastated till a passer put a comforting hand on my shoulder and said to us "Fear not my friends because our road is now paved with gold, whoever they appoint will be better than Worthy......

[/quote]

You''re a good sport.  And they were wrong!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It could be, I didn''t think i ever saw Bellamy though (when did he leave?) I''ll try and find the programme from that game and get the exact date....[/quote]

We sent Bellars to Coventry in August 2000.

I think it might have been the 1-1 Draw with Huddersfield in 2000 that was my first game.....Which would make more sense age wise, and i''m fairly sure it wasn''t the 4-1 win.....I think it must have been the one in 2000, because we didn''t get season tickets until the season after the next one (2002-2003, which was season Drury signed wasn''t it?)

Thanks, Nigel! That''s great. Don''t know where you found the info! (although think it was Kevin Scott rather than Keith Scott, I remember he got sent off in that game too, deliberately took out a Man City player through on goal, what a legend).Also, think O''Neill''s goal must have come before Adams'' penalty in the December 96 game as I remember that being a last minute equaliser.Cheers again.

Was that City game in 2000 televised?  I remember watching us play them at Maine Road, and it must have been around that time?

19 October 1996 - Manchester City 2 - 1 Norwich City (Steve Coppell''s first game in charge of Manchester City)

Clough and Dickov for Citeh and Keith Scott for us.

It was Keith Scott, Kevin didn''t come to Norwich until 1997.

28 December 1996 - Norwich City 2 - 0 Bradford City

Neil Adams (Pen) & Keith O''Neill.

It''s virtually a completely  changed Bradford line-up since the sides met less than four months ago. Chris Waddle, 36, looks classybut City go ahead as Johnson is floored and Adams tucks in the penalty. After a touchline fracas involving the two managers O''Neill turns in Fleck''s pass.

Hope that helps jog the memory. If you can still get hold of it there''s an excellent book by Rob Hadgraft called Norwich City The Modern Era which covers every game from Everton in August 1972 right through to Preston in May 2003.

Graham called it, the game at Citeh which was televised was 13 Jan 2002. I don''t need to look that one up because I remember it so well. It was my only visit to Maine Road.  there was a big crowd even though it was on TV. I went with young Jellytot and we were seated behind the goal. I remember the Citeh fans in the uncovered corner were provided with liners to keep out the Manchester weather. As we were giving them a bit of stick Delia took her seat beside us! So Jellytot told me to be on my best behaviour. Delia was excitedly telling me how she had been allowed to travel from the hotel to the stadium with the players on the team bus. I remember thinking that she could do anything she wanted, it was her club, but when I said something she just said it was the first time and she really was like a kid about it! It was a good game, Danny Tiatto got sent off during the first half so we played against 10 for much of the game. But that 10 included Shaun Wright-Phillips, Richard Dunne, Stuart Pearce, Ali Bernabia, Eyal Berkovich, Paulo Wanchope, Shaun Goater with a certain Darren Huckerby on the bench just in case!!! I reckon that was the best Championship side I ever saw. We were 1-0 down at half-time but David Nielsen equalised just after the break. The goal was scored right in front of us and the stand went wild. Young Jellytot was hugging me and I got another hug from Delia who was just as excited. I remember thinking one is 17 and the other is 60ish but they were exactly the same when City scored. Our excitement was short lived. For the rest of the second half it looked like we were the side with 10 men. Berkovich ran the show and Citeh went on to a comfortable 3-1 win. But they really were a class apart.

It was the first time I had really talked to Delia and I was taken aback by how much of a fan she really was. She was stuck in there with us, Maine Road was a bit of a state by then and there was really nothing to do but sit tight throughout halftime. Our feet were in pools drink which had been spilled behind us but none of that phased Delia. She could have been in the Directors Box being wined and dined but there she was sat tight with us. I met her a few times since and came to realise she is what she is and it''s not an act.

I don''t need to look up days like that. Berkovich and Bernabia were awesome. Nielsen had just signed permanently and sealed it with another goal and Jellytot had a chat with a Manc Plod explaining that instead of standing around at a football stadium his time would be better served searching for Terry Duckworth, who was on the run again!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]What date did City sack Nigel Worthington? [:P]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re a good sport.  And they were wrong!

[/quote]

Very right they we''re wrong!

Maybe like Christ, he will return once more! Sir Nigel "White Socks" Worthington

i remember Keith Scott, his goals to game ration wasn''t that bad in his 1 season for us. think he got about 12 in about 30 games...Kevin scott on the other hand could just about walk! he was woeful! i can remember him making 3 mistakes against WBA that they scored from each time in one of Gunnys last games. and i can remember him hitting Andy Payton against Huddersfield for no apparent reason and getting sent off!

Does anyone remember the Bradford away game in 1996 I think?, where their keeper got sent off (jonathan gould) hacking down Darren Eadie.

Can''t remember the score 100% -could be 2-0.

That was my first City win.

I also remember us winning at Man City in 1990''s 1-0 I think, when they had Uwe Rosler playing for them.

Would love someone to confirm whether I have remembered correctly.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

, the heavens opened and wept buckets for Worthy. Young Jellytot and I sheltered from the tears in a doorway. Then the news filtered through. We were devastated till a passer put a comforting hand on my shoulder and said to us "Fear not my friends because our road is now paved with gold, whoever they appoint will be better than Worthy......

[/quote]

The other night at the NCISA Christmas Draw i asked you repeatedly where were all the Worthy Inners during the last 12 months of his tenure so now we know.....you were sheltering from the rain in a doorway.[:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

, the heavens opened and wept buckets for Worthy. Young Jellytot and I sheltered from the tears in a doorway. Then the news filtered through. We were devastated till a passer put a comforting hand on my shoulder and said to us "Fear not my friends because our road is now paved with gold, whoever they appoint will be better than Worthy......

[/quote]

The other night at the NCISA Christmas Draw i asked you repeatedly where were all the Worthy Inners during the last 12 months of his tenure so now we know.....you were sheltering from the rain in a doorway.[:D]

[/quote]

Don''t get me started on NCISA......

[;)]