Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Ian Henderson

No mate, been home for 5 weeks, rejoining the ship early next week for 5. Yay, crimbo in Africa lol!

i can remember ian henderson making his debut at 18 and certain sections of the crowd barracking his every mistake! he was just a kid and it couldn''t have helped with his development.pity some morons set out to ruin him i say... he might have been half decent if not.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i can remember ian henderson making his debut at 18 and certain sections of the crowd barracking his every mistake! he was just a kid and it couldn''t have helped with his development.pity some morons set out to ruin him i say... he might have been half decent if not.[/quote]Yeah, thats pretty much how I remember it too. Can''t quite remember why though, were we going through a poor stage? He did get dog''s abuse.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]i can remember ian henderson making his debut at 18 and certain sections of the crowd barracking his every mistake! he was just a kid and it couldn''t have helped with his development.pity some morons set out to ruin him i say... he might have been half decent if not.[/quote]Yeah, thats pretty much how I remember it too. Can''t quite remember why though, were we going through a poor stage? He did get dog''s abuse.[/quote]thats how i remember it as-well, didnt we have a few young players at this time, like the jarvis brothers as-well? I ont think henderson ever got it right for us but he was never as bad as it was made out and he was young, like i said earlier though, wouldnt wana see him return, not the type striker we need

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]i can remember ian henderson making his debut at 18 and certain sections of the crowd barracking his every mistake! he was just a kid and it couldn''t have helped with his development.pity some morons set out to ruin him i say... he might have been half decent if not.[/quote]Yeah, thats pretty much how I remember it too. Can''t quite remember why though, were we going through a poor stage? He did get dog''s abuse.[/quote]thats how i remember it as-well, didnt we have a few young players at this time, like the jarvis brothers as-well? I ont think henderson ever got it right for us but he was never as bad as it was made out and he was young, like i said earlier though, wouldnt wana see him return, not the type striker we need[/quote]I certainly don''t remember the Jarvis brothers getting any flak at all. Hendo was hated by one and all, most people were gutted about Worthy playing him at all, certainly not about him playing on the wing. But we didn''t have any backup at that point in time, perhaps Worthy had wasted all our money on other players ;)One thing seems obvious though with the Worthington thread, and now this - our fans were totally unrealistic and pretty sh***y to some members of the playing and management staff. For example, you''d NEVER see Liverpool fans behaving with that lack of dignity to "their own". Remember the abuse Gary Holt got at the end of his career here? Bloody disgrace. Hendo was getting slated, Worthington getting slated, Andy Hughes getting booed by his own fans, god - it''s all a bit depressing, thank god things seem to have changed...

For a while...

He was one of those players that looked like he might make it but needed to fill out as he was rather lightweight - I remember him at Palace being bossed about by their defence and lost the ball too easily. He DID fill out, as we saw last season at Colchester, but not in quite the way that is best suited to a footballer lolI don''t think he''d make the grade for us now.

Apart from the title winning season in 2003/04 Ian Henderson done diddy squat for us and overall wasn''t good enough regardless of whether he was barracked by some of the fans or not!

I''m surprised hes done that well at COLWHO but I doubt he''d be good enough for Norwich and having been mostly unsuccessful when he was here before overall it would be a very bad buy!

[quote user="morty"]No mate, been home for 5 weeks, rejoining the ship early next week for 5. Yay, crimbo in Africa lol![/quote]

Interesting, as I am there too for Xmas... which country ?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="morty"]No mate, been home for 5 weeks, rejoining the ship early next week for 5. Yay, crimbo in Africa lol![/quote]

[/quote]On the oggin, somewhere off the coast of Angola.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]

On the oggin, somewhere off the coast of Angola.
[/quote]

I''ll be on the Coast of Kenya, north of Mombasa, Shanzu Beach.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]On the oggin, somewhere off the coast of Angola.[/quote]

I''ll be on the Coast of Kenya, north of Mombasa, Shanzu Beach.

[/quote]Sounds like pleasure rather than business!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]''i thought he was always a player who you could see the talent in and had a bright future'' lol, really? If he returns, i will cry :P it would be a terrible singing and would never happen.......[/quote]

IMHO he made his name thanks to Paul Hayes who took the defence off him, scored a great team goal against Watford but did little else and from all accounts got to big for his boots.

He''s been here once had his chance and now he''s elsewhere. I wish him well but not at Carrow Road