Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Ian Henderson

Hey all, I been reading posts on here for quite a while, for 2 reason. Firstly just to keep me up date on City news and secondly ''cos it provides a lot of amusement some of these posts. but finnally decided to join up, so dont give me to much shit just yet.Anyway saw on sky sports news that we are aparrently interested in Ian Henderson (dunno if theres already a thread to this or not)http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6562535,00.htmlI remember when he left us, i wasnt to sure about it at the time, i thought he was always a player who you could see the talent in and had a bright future. I dont remember whether we sold him or let him go for free, so if anyone knows would be great to find out.Anyway to my point, what do people think about the prospect of him returning, would you like to see it, do you think it was a mistake letting him go (or selling him) when we did?

''i thought he was always a player who you could see the talent in and had a bright future''

lol, really?

If he returns, i will cry :P it would be a terrible singing and would never happen.......

If i remember rightly he was just released at the end of his contract, then signed for Northampton.

I did think he looked a good prospect but seem to remember him picking up a few injuries towards the end of his time with us.

Not sure what to think of him coming back if its true, would be another body to the squad, but nothing to get too excited about

yeah it was few years back but by no doubts did i ever think he was a bad player, he was young and a bit of a raw talent.i cant really comment whats he''s playing like now cos i dont know, but cant be too bad if getting some links to championship teams. I just think with Lamberts ability to bring the full potential maybe he wouldn''t be a disaster, but if it''s an attacking player we''re looking for i would much prefer us bring in another ''holt'' like player, but probably someone who still offers something a little bit different, bit of extra height (and speed would be nice- but cant get everything)

Which position was out of position?

I thought he always played on the right wing for us, and occasionally up front....

Was talking to my Grandad just now, and he reckons Worthy ruined him after a few games, because he suddenly stopped trying to go past people....

"He was a good prospect until Worthy played him out of position and ruined his career. "

Thats exactly what I was going to say except for one word ...continually

Just sitting back and waiting for the flak to start.............................

He was a striker, scoring goals not just at reserve level, but also for England at that age, under 18 I think. I know that''s no guarantee he would have been a top level striker but Worthy only played him there once I think. The fact that you remember him as a wide man confirms he had very little chance in his main positiion. Thats not a dig at you, just a comment [:)]

From what I remember of his time here before I suspect a lot would greet him with indifference.Still, Lambert knows best.

[quote user="HillsboroughCanary"]Didn''t he break his leg badly at Rotherham in the cup and then never really play for us again? Or am I dreaming...[/quote]

That was Kris Renton!

IH now at Colchester U this is a wind up aimed at Robbie Cowling being linked with any Col U player 

Can''t see anything in this at all now to be fair.

Got played out on the right instead of upfront and basically lost it if i remember correctly? Did score some pretty good goals though, a brace against Millwall i think stands out for me.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]I prefer to dream about me, Millie Clode, Vicky Gomersall and a can of squirty cream [;)][/quote]The fact that I''ve never heard of neither of those suggests that I''m getting old.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]I prefer to dream about me, Millie Clode, Vicky Gomersall and a can of squirty cream [;)][/quote]

Any pineapple chunks with that squirty cream?

[quote user="DOGGER"]

Is this April 1st????

Surly he is a bit below us now!!

[/quote]To be fair, he had a great game for Col Who when he came on as a sub... [:)]

[quote user="mtv"]

"He was a good prospect until Worthy played him out of position and ruined his career. "

Thats exactly what I was going to say except for one word ...continually

Just sitting back and waiting for the flak to start.............................

[/quote]

In the end he made way for one of Peter Grants greatest signings. He was shipped out to Northampton when the excellent Ian Murray was signed from Rangers. My mate Tilly said "It wasn''t Peter Grant''s fault! That dreadful Nigel Worthington had somehow got it written into Murray''s contract at Rangers that he had to be signed by us."

[quote user="mtv"]I''m out of this thread now as well! before I get posted to sleep.[/quote]

Take yer mate Morty with you.....