Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

9 Fans banned for 3 years

These bans come under the Football Disorder) Act 2002. A piece of naty legislation drawn up after the trouble at Chaleroi in 1998.

You can be banned solely on the basis of the local head coppers hearsay or video evidence. The ban does not require a trial and conviction - merely a complaint made by the plod, who can retrospectively use cctv. You can be banned even when the supposed thratening behaviour is NOT football related. It goes completely against natural justice and puts the rule of law into the hands the police.

Where is the banning orders against a police force that allows a provocative situation to occur ? Under the 1989 Act it is forbidden to try to enter a football ground whilst under the influence of drink. Perhaps the local plod can tell us how many Leeds fans were arrested for such behaviour on that day. How many were arrested for threatening behaviour elsewhere around the City and the county (Dereham, the year before).

Sadly we are handicapped in this area - as the idiot remark about a nanny state demonstrates. We are constatntly bombarded with fabricated tosh from the usual rags about hedgehog flavoured cucumber, conker playing nativities which in virtually every case are not more examples of the the nanny state or political correctness but evidence of the gullibilty of the stupid readership who are all to willing to believe such imagined scaremongering. Curiously these rags also carry more than their share of no win no fee adverts - must protect their paymasters it would seem.

Distorted distractions as those (unsurprisingly) leave any fight against real, harmful legislation as an extremely hard battle. Harmful legislation that means ANY plod at ANYTIME can get a banning order against you simply on his or her whim. That banning order will also require you to surrender your passport and present yourself at your local nick every time there is a game on.

There might be some tiny, tiny reason to think that plod has acted correctly here - were it not set against a background of total incompetent policing of both home games against Leeds.

Justice is seen to be fair and acceptable when it is seen to apply to all. This smacks of a nasty and vindictive action to cover their own backsides for previous failings by hoping to be seen to be taking a tough stance.

Shame on you Norfolk Constabulary. Not for banning nine fans, but for believing that justice is something you can apply as and when it suits you.

I shall now go and lie down in a dark room

Since when has trying to act big and manly equated to the same thing as protesting, however violently, against the ruling class trying to take away the right of free education.  Sorry but these 9 deserve their bans, the students deserve everyone''s praise for rattling the ruling classes. 

[quote user="shefcanary"]Since when has trying to act big and manly equated to the same thing as protesting, however violently, against the ruling class trying to take away the right of free education.  Sorry but these 9 deserve their bans, the students deserve everyone''s praise for rattling the ruling classes. [/quote]What, so all those people protesting yesterday were working-class students railing against the aristocracy, were they? Yeah, right...

I came out The Nelson when it was kicking off last season and found the atmosphere a tad intimidating but not enough to warrant bans. I have to guess that the behaviour that lead to these bans happened either before or after I was there. I definitely didn''t see the coins or bottle throwing.

[quote user="Big Slob"]Did the Leeds fan who punched smudger get a ban?[/quote]No......but he''ll get a Christmas card from the club! [;)]

Many years ago, when I was at university, it used to really wind me up when you''d hear ''pigs are bar stewards''. Unfortunately my experience of the police ever since has only corroborated those views.

That such sanctions can be meted out by the police, without going to court, is a scandal that should shock all of us out of our malaise/indifference.

An extreme example,  ...Simon Harwood''s treatment of Ian Tomlinson.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Since when has trying to act big and manly equated to the same thing as protesting, however violently, against the ruling class trying to take away the right of free education.  Sorry but these 9 deserve their bans, the students deserve everyone''s praise for rattling the ruling classes. [/quote]

So the lad pissing up Churchill and the girl swinging off the Union Flag are working class students? Bolloc ks and wake up you naive idiot. As for the 9? Well plod have been waiting for any excuse.

Arthur ,what do you mean about waiting for any excuse?how many of the lads do you know?

Would like to hear Mr Tilsons views on the matter

It sounds to me like the pigs were just looking to dispose of a few people on behalf of the club. Link this in to the letters to the snakepit, its bloody obscene. How much longer before NCFC becomes a shit club like MK dons? Not long now I think.... RIP NCFC

[quote user="shefcanary"]Since when has trying to act big and manly equated to the same thing as protesting, however violently, against the ruling class trying to take away the right of free education.  Sorry but these 9 deserve their bans, the students deserve everyone''s praise for rattling the ruling classes. [/quote]

Nobody has the right to free education once they leave mainstream school, and why should they !! I''ve studied since leaving school and in a number of countries, gaining various qualifications over the past 40 years as well as a degree equivalent while working, and never did I expect the taxpayer to pick up the bill. The students really need to understand that nothing is really free. It all is paid for in one way or another, through taxes or government borrowing , and failure to understand this is a very good reason why we had a 155 Billion pound deficit last year.  

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]www.pinkun.com/1.750946[/quote]Sweet Jesus, what an utter load of nanny state tripe.I was muttering "We all hate Leeds scum" along with them as I was crossing the bridge.Perhaps I should turn myself in.

[/quote]

Come off it Morty, your excilling yourself in Afrrica so they can get you ;-)

Sadly justice and equality simply dont go hand in hand

nor does the reading public get the full facts

I know nothing of either side so cant really comment but my devils advocate say that I can see how this is farce as described on here.

However I can also see how the police could be doing an Al Capone; using any legislation to do something about people they know are problems but had not previously got enough evidence to convict?

As I say - I am just a bystander simply reading what you have all seen on this one, know nothing of the facts, but also aware that there is probably more to this story than meets the eye - going in either direction - that we will simply never find out about

Provincial cops playing amateurishly with legislation and gadgets they haven''t got the experience to use proportionately methinks ..." this is what they do down in London so we better do some of it up here in Norwich, or we can''t be considered real police"

or am I wrong? Perhaps City''s ''top boys'' have been taken out in this action? I know of one of the nine vaguely, but I would very much doubt it. Like others have said, this should have been dealt with properly at the time.

[quote user="xyz"]

Would like to hear Mr Tilsons views on the matter

[/quote]

Why was he one of them? [:)]

Frankly, I don''t give a damn......I''m just a normal, law-abiding and a model citizen....

Retro ruffians, boorish beligerent boot-boys - and those teenage hooligan wannabes?.....Beered up plonkers.

You must give a damn as you have spent some of your time to comment or am i missing some thing ?

Mr T is expert in all matters of nicking people so wanted to know is unbiased veiw

[quote user="xyz"]

You must give a damn as you have spent some of your time to comment or am i missing some thing ?

Mr T is expert in all matters of nicking people so wanted to know is unbiased veiw

[/quote]

You appear, to be missing a lot....

You are commenting again about some thing you dont care about  ,you keyboard warrior,one hand on the keyboard one on the knob,enjoy my friend and comment away

[quote user="xyz"]You are commenting again about some thing you dont care about  ,you keyboard warrior,one hand on the keyboard one on the knob,enjoy my friend and comment away[/quote]

Seems that I''m correct in my assumption.....

one of the 9 used to sit behind me in the barclay with a couple of his mates... neither of them were banned in that picture i notice... perhaps they have grown up and got lives...chap who used to sit behind me was alright to talk to but acted like a complete pleb at times... if he had reined it in he knew his stuff about city and could give reasoned debate, sadly he didnt do this very often and its a shame.... the article doesnt suprise me though....

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Sadly justice and equality simply dont go hand in hand nor does the reading public get the full facts I know nothing of either side so cant really comment but my devils advocate say that I can see how this is farce as described on here. However I can also see how the police could be doing an Al Capone; using any legislation to do something about people they know are problems but had not previously got enough evidence to convict? As I say - I am just a bystander simply reading what you have all seen on this one, know nothing of the facts, but also aware that there is probably more to this story than meets the eye - going in either direction - that we will simply never find out about[/quote]

Good stuff Zipper[Y]

3 years for gobbing off! Harsh,very harsh.But since we don''t have the full facts,all i can suggest is that these guys have previous,and the police were waiting to get something on them?!

2+2 =?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]one of the 9 used to sit behind me in the barclay with a couple of his mates... neither of them were banned in that picture i notice... perhaps they have grown up and got lives...chap who used to sit behind me was alright to talk to but acted like a complete pleb at times... if he had reined it in he knew his stuff about city and could give reasoned debate, sadly he didnt do this very often and its a shame.... the article doesnt suprise me though....[/quote]was a long time ago he sat there... i actually know one of the mates he used to go with through a family member... will see if i can find out more

If any of this lot feel hard done by, how come 7 out of 9 pleaded guilty?

It''s easy to make yourself a target. Compared to many clubs, we have very few fans on banning orders, so I don''t think the courts can be accused of dishing them out easily.

I would suggest that they all had previous warnings and arrests, they all admitted it at court, so there must have been good evidence and pre-cons. 3 years may be a bit harsh, but we don''t know the full story behind the incident, previous incidents with them and the previous.

As for comparing what they done with the riots in London, they have to find the suspects for this now, you can''t nick people willy nilly at an event there.

They will get the ''students'' CiB,it just takes time.They''ve already managed to spot Dave Gilmour''s son,but a lot of others will be harder to track down.

The article highlights what a joke this is: "Police had to hold back the Leeds fans with batons" "A bottle was thrown from the Leeds fans towards the Norwich", yet only Norwich fans get done?!

The Norwich police are getting a rep for only being interested in home fans whilst away fans can do what they like- as Smudgers incident and plenty more later in the day suggest.

3 years is the minimum length of a banning order i think. I know 2 of them, and both of them have no previous of any football related trouble or violence at all.