Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

9 Fans banned for 3 years

Was that when we played them in league 1?I was there, and all it seemed like was a load of blokes getting mouthy, I didn''t actually see anything banworthy.

No it was last season. Morty you''re quite right the banning orders have occurred due to the square off the on bridge outside the Compleat Angler. Even though no fighting or trouble took place the 9 were banned due to threatening behaviour..

apologies i read it as this year - i am not condoning the trouble at all but football fans did not actually fight on this occasion and get put in court and banned but the mob of students can riot in london smashing the city up and nothing will be done!

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]apologies i read it as this year - i am not condoning the trouble at all but football fans did not actually fight on this occasion and get put in court and banned but the mob of students can riot in london smashing the city up and nothing will be done![/quote]I agree. The student thing was 100 times worse.I came out the Nelson and there was a load of our lot shouting at a load of their lot, with a line of coppers with dogs in between. HArdly even newsworthy as far as I could see.

Maybe "the student thing" was worse but it''s not true to say nothing will be done. If they can identify the idiots they will be charged, as is happening with the trouble at Millbank, the Tories'' office.

Rather disturbing precedent with people being banned from the ground for an incident that happened not only outside of, but a fair distance from Carrow Road.

Would Leeds fans found guilty of the same charges been banned from Carrow Road for 3 years ? Banned from Elland Road as well ? Banned from other grounds ?

I don''t condone violence but we are entering dangerous ground here. What is threatening behaviour ? Something a copper decides and the court accepts. Is the same level of arbitary justice to be applied in the ground ?

" errr, nine ''undred ''orrible fans were huttering threats in hay most hawful way m''lud, they were hurging heach hother to ''kick it off'', m''lud, followed by hencouragement to ''have hay little scrimmage'' "

" a little scrimmage ?"

"yes m''lud, hay little scrimmage " " they were sat hin a part of the ground called the City Stand m''lud, looking directly at the haway fans, m''lud "

" Thank you constable for that most detailed evidence - I find the accused, all of them, guilty "

That is absolutely ridiculous.I generally love the way the clubs going but they are far too jumpy when it comes to stuff like this.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]www.pinkun.com/1.750946[/quote]Sweet Jesus, what an utter load of nanny state tripe.I was muttering "We all hate Leeds scum" along with them as I was crossing the bridge.Perhaps I should turn myself in.

Haha Morty. I bet the Leeds fan who threw the bottle, perhaps the only crime here worthy of a ban, didn''t even get 1.

Weren''t these guys supposedly chanting words about the Leeds fan who was critically wounded in a European match? You would not get banned for ''muttering Leeds scum''!

[quote user="Big Slob"]Haha Morty. I bet the Leeds fan who threw the bottle, perhaps the only crime here worthy of a ban, didn''t even get 1.[/quote]It really is embarrassingly pathetic. I would be interested to see if any Leeds fans got banning orders.

Crazy, crazy decision. Three years for a bit of shouting across a bridge!? I wonder how many Leeds fans have recieved banning orders for the trouble that went on that day?

Can I expect a couple of years for giving the scum a friendly send off with about 500 others after the derby outside the Barclay?

Who is pushing for these sentences? If it the Norfolk Constabulary, then they should really bit a bit ashamed of this. I thought three year banning orders were designed to keep away Category C hooligans who arrange severe disorder, not people who do a bit of chanting on a bridge.

Pathetic.

Ah.I got excited at the first read of the title, thinking it could have been the pitch invaders. [:(]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Weren''t these guys supposedly chanting words about the Leeds fan who was critically wounded in a European match? You would not get banned for ''muttering Leeds scum''![/quote]To the Leeds fans who will happily sing all day long "Who''s that burning on the runway" to Man Utd fans?Do you think opposing fans should maybe just mock each others taste in clothes, or perhaps a slightly shonky haircut?

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Weren''t these guys supposedly chanting words about the Leeds fan who was critically wounded in a European match? You would not get banned for ''muttering Leeds scum''![/quote]I agree they''re silly, and I wouldn''t do it, but Leeds fans give as good as they get.What about the "die die scummer scummer die" chant or the one about setting off a grenade at Portman road, or shooting burglers, or kicking the f-ing head in of an Ipswich fan

[quote user="Brendo "]Ah.I got excited at the first read of the title, thinking it could have been the pitch invaders. [:(]
[/quote]

That would be an equally stupid decision you complete numpty.

I just cant help but laugh when I read the first sentence"Nine Norwich City supporters who hurled abuse and heckled opposing fans

outside a city pub have been banned from football matches for three years."Quite ridiculous. That is English Football for you.

[quote user="Big Slob"]Did the Leeds fan who punched smudger get a ban?[/quote]And I bet the lad in the morph suit didn''t get his justice.I understand the idea that trouble should be snuffed out before it starts.  But it does highlight other incidences that go unpunished that seem to be worse.And what''s going on with the Police Service these day?  Why didn''t the police move the city fans on when the group of 9 first appeared?  Instead of letting them do it, and ****ing film them[8-)]If it got worse and somebody had a knife, would they had stopped them using it or ****ing film the person stabbing someone.

[quote user="judderman"]That is absolutely ridiculous.I generally love the way the clubs going but they are far too jumpy when it comes to stuff like this.[/quote]

It''s got nothing to do with the Club.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Big Slob"]Haha Morty. I bet the Leeds fan who threw the bottle, perhaps the only crime here worthy of a ban, didn''t even get 1.[/quote]

It really is embarrassingly pathetic. I would be interested to see if any Leeds fans got banning orders.
[/quote]

No leeds fans,and yes it was for singing "we all hate Leeds scum"

[quote user="xyz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Big Slob"]Haha Morty. I bet the Leeds fan who threw the bottle, perhaps the only crime here worthy of a ban, didn''t even get 1.[/quote]It really is embarrassingly pathetic. I would be interested to see if any Leeds fans got banning orders.[/quote]

No leeds fans,and yes it was for singing "we all hate Leeds scum"

[/quote]To be fair I''d think it was the Galatasaray chant that was more likely to cause the trouble/incite violence. ''Leeds scum'' chanting is water off a duck''s back to them, but the Galatasaray chant is a red rag to a bull. Not saying a three-year ban is a proportional response, mind!

[quote user="Brendo "]Ah.I got excited at the first read of the title, thinking it could have been the pitch invaders. [:(][/quote]You suffer, mentally.