Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Leon Barnett to sign on a permanent deal in January

Fantastic news on Barnett, and even better that he wants 3 more in to give us the final push...fantastic the board are backing the manager 100%

Onward and upward...lets hope we get a ~Huckerby esc signing[Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Fantastic news on Barnett, and even better that he wants 3 more in to give us the final push...fantastic the board are backing the manager 100%

Onward and upward...lets hope we get a ~Huckerby esc signing[Y]

[/quote]

All the signs are looking good for us, and if Pearce can persuade Wenger to let Lansbury stay, as I''m sure he has had words in the right ears, I feel a party in the Barclay come may. 

LOL - well I would expect you to be as you wont have to change your avatar or sig now! ;oD

Reading that bit about being safe and buying new players. Looking at what is normally considered safety which is what 50ish points?

We stand 17points short with five games up to and including January 1st. So that is 15points. I would guess that if we pick up say ten we will be looking at bringing them in - I suppose it could all do with league position rather than safety. There is no point throwing money at expensive targets if the risk outweighs the cost.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]What a difference a year and a half plus a new board make....

Fantastic signing and another young player with resale value if he carries on as he has been so far.

Still, let`s not get carried away- we mustn`t do a Gretna.....[/quote]

LOL!

[quote user="First Wizard"]As much as it pains me, I MUST praise Delia and the new board in all this.[/quote]Praise Delia for appointing McNally, but I would imagine that Delia is just McNally''s puppet now, and just signs off on whatever he recommends is best for the club, which is the way it should be really. Interesting to see who gets blamed when McNally overspends and sends us spiralling into administration, though...THAT WAS A JOKE!*hides under desk*

Great news, fantastic signing I''m just trying to conclude what other signings Lambert might make... I can see at least one striker being targeted ''just to make sure'' and possibly a right full back but this is certainly a great way to start the transfer window an early christmas present if you will!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]What fantastic news, not just that Barnett''s staying, but that the board is being so pro-active. I just remember the Taylor thing dragging on and on.

The idea that there might be more is gusset-moisteningly exciting.

I agree, Mr Carrow, what a difference a new board makes. McNally''s clearly brilliant at his job and deserves all the plaudits in the world. I''m sure this was linked to before, but is well worth a listen:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9248096.stm

It''s only fair to point out, though, that Delia and the two Michaels are still bankrolling the club. They deserve some credit too, if only for realising they weren''t up to running the club, and nor was some failed solicitor.[/quote]

---

Except that it is still those three directors bankrolling the club, and IF we get these extra players to push for promotion it will actually be spookily similar to that January when these same three directors, aided by a "failed solicitor", pushed the boat out for Huckerby, Mackenzie and Svensson.

I keep being told everything has changed, and vastly for the better. Oddly enough, being told that doesn''t make it so.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]What fantastic news, not just that Barnett''s staying, but that the board is being so pro-active. I just remember the Taylor thing dragging on and on. The idea that there might be more is gusset-moisteningly exciting. I agree, Mr Carrow, what a difference a new board makes. McNally''s clearly brilliant at his job and deserves all the plaudits in the world. I''m sure this was linked to before, but is well worth a listen: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9248096.stm It''s only fair to point out, though, that Delia and the two Michaels are still bankrolling the club. They deserve some credit too, if only for realising they weren''t up to running the club, and nor was some failed solicitor.[/quote] --- Except that it is still those three directors bankrolling the club, and IF we get these extra players to push for promotion it will actually be spookily similar to that January when these same three directors, aided by a "failed solicitor", pushed the boat out for Huckerby, Mackenzie and Svensson. I keep being told everything has changed, and vastly for the better. Oddly enough, being told that doesn''t make it so.[/quote]

No mention of local businessman Carl Moore in your post? Didn''t he have something to do with Huckleberry Finnally coming to Carra?

I seem to remember that the board claimed the glory at the time......''failed solicitor'' then mentioned Mr Moore''s contribution, long after the event....

And no mention of the share issue which actually paid for those players Mello.....

Funny, we don`t seem to need one now to sign quality like Barnett and, apparently, several others. Yet according to the self-appointed "voice of reason" nothing`s changed! Also strange that on a positive, celebratory thread, Purple`s post strikes a slightly embittered note. Lovin`it....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Robert N. LiM"]What fantastic news, not just that Barnett''s staying, but that the board is being so pro-active. I just remember the Taylor thing dragging on and on. The idea that there might be more is gusset-moisteningly exciting. I agree, Mr Carrow, what a difference a new board makes. McNally''s clearly brilliant at his job and deserves all the plaudits in the world. I''m sure this was linked to before, but is well worth a listen: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9248096.stm It''s only fair to point out, though, that Delia and the two Michaels are still bankrolling the club. They deserve some credit too, if only for realising they weren''t up to running the club, and nor was some failed solicitor.[/quote] --- Except that it is still those three directors bankrolling the club, and IF we get these extra players to push for promotion it will actually be spookily similar to that January when these same three directors, aided by a "failed solicitor", pushed the boat out for Huckerby, Mackenzie and Svensson. I keep being told everything has changed, and vastly for the better. Oddly enough, being told that doesn''t make it so.[/quote]

No mention of local businessman Carl Moore in your post? Didn''t he have something to do with Huckleberry Finnally coming to Carra?

I seem to remember that the board claimed the glory at the time......''failed solicitor'' then mentioned Mr Moore''s contribution, long after the event....

[/quote]

Huckleberry Finn? FFS... grow up.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]And what a way to celebrate his signing....
[/quote]

Pathetic and petulant too

[/quote]

Why? What happened?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]And what a way to celebrate his signing....[/quote]

[/quote]Check you out with the humour bypass!He got sent off for two yellows.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]And what a way to celebrate his signing....[/quote]

[/quote]Check you out with the humour bypass!He got sent off for two yellows.[/quote]And then threw the ball at the referee. He picked up his fifth yellow earlier in the second half (one-match ban), then got his second yellow for ''fouling'' Nugent (automatic second match), and will get at least three additional matches for his misconduct in throwing the ball at the ref. If past incidents of contact with match officials are anything to go by, it could be anything up to ten matches depending on how dim a view the FA take of it.