Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Leon Barnett to sign on a permanent deal in January

[quote user="city till i die"]what do you mean more to follow???

more signings?? lansbury?? any one else??

come on pete spill the beans[/quote]Apologies, meant more in the story, although Lambert has said in this morning''s press conference that once City are safe and if they are where they are now then they will "go for it". Three more players on his list.

Firstly, brilliant news about Barnett. It''s very refreshing to see us sorting these deals in advance of the transfer window actually opening!

Secondly, the calculated ambition from Lambert is perfect. Three more players could transform this season from a very good one, to a great one!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="city till i die"]what do you mean more to follow??? more signings?? lansbury?? any one else?? come on pete spill the beans[/quote]

Apologies, meant more in the story, although Lambert has said in this morning''s press conference that once City are safe and if they are where they are now then they will "go for it". Three more players on his list.
[/quote]

Wow.

These are certainly good times right now.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="city till i die"]what do you mean more to follow???

more signings?? lansbury?? any one else??

come on pete spill the beans[/quote]Apologies, meant more in the story, although Lambert has said in this morning''s press conference that once City are safe and if they are where they are now then they will "go for it". Three more players on his list.[/quote]This is all of a sudden feeling a bit like the last time we won the Championship.[:D]

Brilliant news, well done to Lambert and all on the board and involved in this deal.  He has been fantastic for us so far, he and Ward have formed an excellent partnership, still a few silly mistakes, but Barnett is miles ahead of the likes of Askou and Doc, and while Nelson came on leaps and bounds last season, hes not a patch on Barnett.

Well done Lambert

[quote user="The Butler"]So who is going to make way?[/quote]My guess would be Askou, don''t think Lambert rates him at all.

Oh my God,Norwich City have finally learnt their lesson,after the farce that was "Tiny Taylor",Barnett is a Great signing imo,and credit has to go to the board,heard a strong rumour that Lansbury has asked Wenger if a deal could be sorted for him to stay at City till the end of the season,he feels very at home in Norwich already,if we keep him i will stick a few quid on us going up, a player of his class will make a HUGE difference.

I mite be wrong but i think Askou and Nelson both signed 2 year deals when they signed so they will be in the last 6 months of them now.

Terrific signing, he''s been really impressive.

Will also be nice to have (what would seem to be) a settled central defensive partnership in Ward and Barnett. There has probably been too many changes in that area over recent seasons. No coincidence that we won the league last season after the Doc and Nelson started playing together on a regular basis - makes all the difference.

Only one signing announced for January on 10th December? Thats very unambitious of the club, i would have expected at least 4 signings by now....

Seriously though, thats very good news :D

Lansbury on loan until the end of the season, maybe another striker and i think were sorted :D

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Only one signing announced for January on 10th December? Thats very unambitious of the club, i would have expected at least 4 signings by now.... Seriously though, thats very good news :D Lansbury on loan until the end of the season, maybe another striker and i think were sorted :D[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, fantastic news, glad the club can actually do what is necessary now unlike in the past!