Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Subs today

What did you think of Lambo''s substitutions today? I think that, for once, he got them wrong. 

McNamee should have been on fifteen or twenty minutes earlier; also why bring on Korey Smith at that time and in that position?

I agree with the OP, we were crying out for a bit more width in the last 20/25 minutes. It seemed obvious to me that McNamee was required, but Lambo didn''t see it that way - if he''s good for two minutes at the end, why not twenty? Still, given the number of times I agree with everything Lambert says and does, can''t really complain. It''s an easy game with hindsight.

I have to admit I was disapointed with the Subs,Oli Johnson was rubbish (but fair play what can you do with 10 minutes ) and what was the point bringing on McNamee with 2 mins left ? Again, very disapointed and would have liked to have seen McNamee earlier, once they had taken the lead was possibly the best time. But oh well !

I thought Lambert indulged Lansbury for too long today. He was clearly struggling to find the strikers - not surprising as they weren''t making the smart runs Holt usually makes. So why not switch tactics, give Wes a chance to pull the strings and use McNamee as we have done so effectively before?Lansbury should have been subbed instead of being pushed out to the left flank. He looked like he didn''t want to be there one bit - and it showed by his half-hearted effort to stop their first goal.Having said all that, because Lambert so often gets the subs right, it really stands out when he gets it wrong.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

What did you think of Lambo''s substitutions today? I think that, for once, he got them wrong. 

McNamee should have been on fifteen or twenty minutes earlier; also why bring on Korey Smith at that time and in that position?

[/quote]

Absolutely - McNamee is an impact player (disappoints when starting games) and should have been on by 65-70 as we needed to try something different and get better quality balls into the box. First half was some of the best football we have played all season and we should have been cruising at half time. Invariably the second half was a less impressive showing as Pomey had made some adjustments and sussed us out.

Their organisation was outstanding the longer the game went on with a backline of four (often five) with four midfielders in the line in front. By the time they scored we had totally run out of ideas. OJ (although a different type of player) was essentially a ''like for like'' so what was the point! Macca might have unlocked them. Pity the manager couldn''t see it.