Sign in to follow this  
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Letter from the Club

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Got a letter from the club today asking me not to rush down the stairways of the Snakepit to celebrate a goal, anybody else get a similar letter?.....[/quote]

I got one SoB, it was signed by Andy Batley (Stadium Safety and Security Manager), I won''t put full contents up but basically it say''s it''s been sent to all Season Ticket Holders in the Snake Pit.

It goes on to say it''s been noticed of late a trend for people to rush to the front to celebrate and this number has been growing and they are worried about people being seriously injured.

It then refers to when the 3rd goal against Ipswich was scored and says that some fans were crushed against the fence, all of which was witnessed buy members of the Safety Advisory Group who have requested the Club attempt to reduce the likelyhood of a serious injury from this happening.

It also say''s the Safety Advisory Group are the people who issue the Club with it''s Safety Certificate which say''s how many people can be inside Carrow Road and have the power to reduce the capacity of any area of the ground, it hasn''t been said they will reduce the capacity of the Snake Pit but could if it carries on and someone gets hurt.

It finishes by saying he doesn''t want to stop people celebrating or to suppress noise but it is his job to ensure safety.

[/quote]

I think it''s very reassuring that the Club are taking the safety of its supporters seriously. I notice that this "new" attitude, for the last two home games, has even extended to closing the roads outside the ground after the games so that supporters are not competing for road space with HGVs, buses, vans, cars, etc when leaving. No doubt this policy will be implemented for the rest of the season and beyond. 

Dear Mr Batley,

Thank you for applying for the job vacancie Stadium Safety Manager at Millwall F.C and at Leeds Utd, unfortunately you have not been successful this time, because when the ideas you put forward at supporters forum, they (supporters) said that the best thing you could do with with the letter regarding supporters moving from their seats to celebrate goals, is to shove it where the sun dont shine, and the cost of a ream of paper could have been put towards the clubs debt.

Regards

Millwall F.C

Leeds Utd

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Got a letter from the club today asking me not to rush down the stairways of the Snakepit to celebrate a goal, anybody else get a similar letter?.....[/quote]

Hadn''t had one when i left for work but if they are sending them out suspect i will get one as I sit on the gangway where everyone surges down. Its a  laugh but would not surprise me if the club was trying to be seen to do something about it as people do get crushed/tranpled against the boards at the front quite regularly and in today''s health and safety orientated world they are probably worried about a lawsuit!

[/quote]

Agree Jim, if something has been seen as potentially a problem then they have to do something, sending a letter is a reasonable way to respond. The club has covered itself, to some extent at least.  

Does the letter tell you to sit down and clap?

Stop over reacting.....

It is a bit silly, but all its asking you to do, is not run down the bottom, and from how i see it, is there much point? there are about 50 stewards in front of the stand aren''t there? so you can''t see/do anything in that position....

Robert N. LiM : wow thats hilarious...

There was no need to send a letter out. the way i see it, is if the fans are worried about being squashed/injured, then they shouldnt run to the front of the stand. If they get hurt, then its their fault. letters have been sent out, they have been warned, its entirely up to the fans.

SnakePit Lassy, it doesn''t work like that,if someone gets hurt they can sue the club, and probably will, and if the club don''t show that they are trying to do something about it then they would probably end up paying out....

It''s only really sent out to cover their own backs. I doubt they seriously believe that anyone is going to stop simply because of a letter but at least should anything happen the club can turn around and say ''Well we''ve done what we can, we have many stewards who attempt to stop them, we''ve also sent out personal letters to season ticket holders''.You don''t have to stop, its not a step towards corporate football, unless you all do exactly what the letter says, which come of it, you won''t.

[quote user="Robert N LiM"]But how many people who sit in the Snakepit can read? Terrible waste of the club''s money if you ask me.[/quote]

Hahah [:D] Let them get on with it I say; has no-one heard of natural selection [:)]

What if it''s people who buy casual tickets in the Snakepit who run down to the front? They won''t get a letter.Surely a more cost effective method would be to put a sign up at the bottom of the stairs reminding those sitting in that part of the ground to refrain from running down the stairs when a goal is scored?This would still cover the club''s back and ensure everyone who sits in the Snakepit is aware of the policy.

Itsthe usual group of idiots that run to the front every week and the same group that are having a running battle with the stewards. I am also not siding with the club but feel that it could be an issue unless its dealt with. we in the snakepit do support the team love to sing chant and celebrate when we score but i feel that these mindles young idiots may spoil it for everyone in the snakepit who do enjoy the game and the fun that is attatched with supporting the canaries. I also agree with closing the road before and after the games its much safer. And before you ask i am not an old fogey just a geniune supporter who is fed up with these mindless young idiots.

I sit in the Snakepit as do lots of older people, and respected journos. I think you will find there is quite a mix of age groups, backgrounds and IQs in there

I was only curious about how many seats there were in the snakepit because I read Kathy''s comment in the EDP about them wasting money sending all the letters out ??

Havent got a good view of the snakepit where I sit so have no idea how many it holds or what percentage of them are likely to be st holders.

[quote user="tubby65"]Itsthe usual group of idiots that run to the front every week and the same group that are having a running battle with the stewards. I am also not siding with the club but feel that it could be an issue unless its dealt with. we in the snakepit do support the team love to sing chant and celebrate when we score but i feel that these mindles young idiots may spoil it for everyone in the snakepit who do enjoy the game and the fun that is attatched with supporting the canaries. I also agree with closing the road before and after the games its much safer. And before you ask i am not an old fogey just a geniune supporter who is fed up with these mindless young idiots.[/quote]It wasn''t all youngsters who ended up celebrating at the front, against the Scum there were a lot of older people down there, especially when the 3rd and 4th goals went in, it is easy to get caught up in the excitement especially at a Derby game.

CA, the club not only sent out letters to those sitting in the Snakepit, they also sent the letters to people such as myself who sit near the Snakepit in the GW City Stand and that is why initially I thought the letter was a wind up as I am seven seats in from the aisle......

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]CA, the club not only sent out letters to those sitting in the Snakepit, they also sent the letters to people such as myself who sit near the Snakepit in the GW City Stand and that is why initially I thought the letter was a wind up as I am seven seats in from the aisle......[/quote]

Is that the manky faded old seat that''s seen better days[:^)]

About time it was replaced if you ask me.....

Nutty - It most certainly is and it most certainly does, instead of spending at least £300 sending out that letter they could have used a fraction of that amount to replace my old, faded, jaded seat. Interestingly the guy who sits next to me did not get a letter, the cut off point appears to be the eigth seat in from the aisle in the GW City Stand.....