Sign in to follow this  
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Letter from the Club

Quite right , how would you like some big bosomed metal platted  woman chasing you when you had just scored!!

Oh I don''t know though[;)]

That''s because you sit in the City Stand but its close to the Snakepit so you think you are rude enough to class it as that!

I find it difficult to believe that they''d waste stamps on such a thing.  If it''s that big of a deal, make an announcement before the games.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Got a letter from the club today asking me not to rush down the stairways of the Snakepit to celebrate a goal, anybody else get a similar letter?.....[/quote]

Hadn''t had one when i left for work but if they are sending them out suspect i will get one as I sit on the gangway where everyone surges down. Its a  laugh but would not surprise me if the club was trying to be seen to do something about it as people do get crushed/tranpled against the boards at the front quite regularly and in today''s health and safety orientated world they are probably worried about a lawsuit!

The club should remember that a local old farm derby creates its own issues and hysteria. There does seem to be a small section of the SP that perhaps needs a bit of a slap, so in that regard i don''t have a problem. Sort them out because if you don''t the problem will intensify until somebody is hurt.

HH

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Got a letter from the club today asking me not to rush down the stairways of the Snakepit to celebrate a goal, anybody else get a similar letter?.....[/quote]I got one SoB, it was signed by Andy Batley (Stadium Safety and Security Manager), I won''t put full contents up but basically it say''s it''s been sent to all Season Ticket Holders in the Snake Pit.It goes on to say it''s been noticed of late a trend for people to rush to the front to celebrate and this number has been growing and they are worried about people being seriously injured.It then refers to when the 3rd goal against Ipswich was scored and says that some fans were crushed against the fence, all of which was witnessed buy members of the Safety Advisory Group who have requested the Club attempt to reduce the likelyhood of a serious injury from this happening.It also say''s the Safety Advisory Group are the people who issue the Club with it''s Safety Certificate which say''s how many people can be inside Carrow Road and have the power to reduce the capacity of any area of the ground, it hasn''t been said they will reduce the capacity of the Snake Pit but could if it carries on and someone gets hurt.It finishes by saying he doesn''t want to stop people celebrating or to suppress noise but it is his job to ensure safety.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Got a letter from the club today asking me not to rush down the stairways of the Snakepit to celebrate a goal, anybody else get a similar letter?.....[/quote]

I got one SoB, it was signed by Andy Batley (Stadium Safety and Security Manager), I won''t put full contents up but basically it say''s it''s been sent to all Season Ticket Holders in the Snake Pit.

It goes on to say it''s been noticed of late a trend for people to rush to the front to celebrate and this number has been growing and they are worried about people being seriously injured.

It then refers to when the 3rd goal against Ipswich was scored and says that some fans were crushed against the fence, all of which was witnessed buy members of the Safety Advisory Group who have requested the Club attempt to reduce the likelyhood of a serious injury from this happening.

It also say''s the Safety Advisory Group are the people who issue the Club with it''s Safety Certificate which say''s how many people can be inside Carrow Road and have the power to reduce the capacity of any area of the ground, it hasn''t been said they will reduce the capacity of the Snake Pit but could if it carries on and someone gets hurt.

It finishes by saying he doesn''t want to stop people celebrating or to suppress noise but it is his job to ensure safety.

[/quote]

Does every club have a Safety Advisory Group attend every match - or is it just Norwich who kow-tow to this sort of thing.  Do they have a statutory right to close down stands etc?  Just think its a bit jobsworth.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Kathy"]Got mine too![/quote]

Once again, NCISA are associated with unruly fans........

[;)][:D]

[/quote]

By the time I had made it down to the front, tstruggled back up to my seat near the back, and got my breath back, City probably would have got another one.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

By the time I had made it down to the front, tstruggled back up to my seat near the back, and got my breath back, City probably would have got another one.

[/quote]

Can we have less of this getting down at the front and then being out of breath.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can we have less of this getting down at the front and then being out of breath.[;)]

[/quote]

Anyone familiar with Finbar Saunders?

Gingerpele said: Has anyone actually been hurt before? If not i don''t really see a problem...

GP in the world of Health and Safety the fact that someone hasn''t actually been hurt is irrelevant. The fact is there is the potential for someone to get hurt. If this continues and then someone gets hurt it could have some serious consequences for the club if they are deemed to have done nothing about it.

As stupid as it seems if someone ran to the front then got shunted over the boards and broke a wrist trying to stop the fall that person could sue the club. They shouldn''t as it''s their own stupid fault in the first place but they could and they would probably win in some shape or form with the help of some Ambulance chasing scumbag lawyer.

I''m not agreeing with the letter or siding with the club. I think that if people want to celebrate in this fashion then they should be allowed. However I also believe that if said people then get hurt they should class is as their own fault and there should be no come back on the club.

Until that later comes true the former and other measures have to happen.

Davo

I don''t see why there''s all this moaning. They''ve identified something which could be a problem and are acting upon it. It''s hardly going to affect anyone adversely, and it seems very respectful so just take it on the chin. End of.