Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

If you could sign one player...

In January, who would you sign or which position do you think we need to strengthen most? Say a budget of £1mil. Lambert said he now only has 3 positions which he wants to sign another player for.

Personally, I feel a left back on loan (depending on how long Drury and Smith are out for) and a striker. Maybe an out of favour striker from the Prem to come in. Possibly someone like Ishmael Miller, Marcus Bent, or from lower leagues in Adam Le Fondre.

What are people''s opinions?

Someone''s going to take a punt on Alfie soon and he''ll score goals wherever he goes.

I think we''re very comfortable in midfield, I just worry about our defensive cover and no challenger for the right-back slot.

The most obvious call would be a striker to help out Holt. As everyone''s noted, we do look quite weak without him.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Brendo he is talking about Adam Le Fondre, some people call him Alfie don''t know why.[/quote]Thought as much. Adam Le Fondre = ALFie? [Y]

Zambrela on loan from Newcastle, or Miller would be good on the striker front.

Or looking lower, Le Fondre (Rotherham) Davies (Chesterfield) Donaldson (Crewe) Lambert (Saints)

Or as I said pre season a cheeky move for Super Ched - The United fans do not like him and he''s only just regained his place in the team which I would suggest is more to do with the other strikers playing poorly.

Defence wise, Maybe Jones (Preston) Mattock (West Brom - Loan) Magnus Okuonghae

(Col U)

All inexperienced players.

I think we def need more experience. We are missing Drury and Holt when he is not on the field - their guidance is a feature.

Drawing on the championship winning team Hucks, crouch, harper, kennedy and svensson all had experience. We have a young squad and have exaggerated that with Lansbury.

They are hard to find but what the 5 loanees had was a desire to perform; A Svennson right now is exactly what we need, a footballer and finisher yet good with the squad.

Any signing is a risk, but most mentioned are inexperienced, dont seem much better than we have (or would have been mentioned pre season rather than jackson for example) and are unlikely to make the transition to prem football.

I would love to see a robbie savage sign for us; keen, motivates, knows whats needed - not what you may want to hear but exactly the experienced committed player who will add to what we have and what we need right now.

What that means for a striker is harder to guess; Still on Robbie Keane anyone? If that does not get Carl Moore excited ;-)

Just a suggestion but the guy who sits behind me brought his young nephew (5) to his first game yesterday. He asked his uncle when Messi would be coming on, to which uncle replied that Messi wasn''t good enough to make the bench at Norwich lol.We all laughed and then he explained that Messi didn''t play for Norwich. This lad was obviously quite keen on Messi so perhaps he should be a contender to sign for us in January [:P]