Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Leon Barnett Being Clapped....

Because he put in a good performance before the sending off.

When Crofts got sent off against Burnley, did you clap? I seem to remember Lambert going onto the pitch to congratulate him on a fantastic performance upto that point!

I agree however if it is a stupid sending off which costs the team, then they don''t deserve to be clapped. And if they are useless during the game and get subbed they don''t deserve to be applauded!

The team got cheered off anyway. The majority of fans aren''t stupid and won''t clap if they don''t think he put in a good performance. Some will clap if he broke someones leg and others won''t clap at all.

who the fuck are you to decide how people should react to a player when sent off? lol

He was excellent again today and if people decide that they want to show their appreciation, who are you to question that?

Yeah thats what I said... I never boo my team, not someone that does that I''m afraid...

We played very well for 70 minutes but couldn''t finish them off and Barnett did very well at the back, his pace is a saviour at times! He got done 1 on 1 by a pacey striker and got sent off! I don''t get why that automatically means we can''t applaud him?

I fail to see why me clapping him off means I must have boo''ed them off at the end??

Both yellow cards for Barnet shouldn''t of been given!

The 1st one he got the ball fairly but the oppositions foot was there, so immediately after winning the ball Barnet made contact with the blokes foot. - NOt even a foul in my opinion.

The 2nd yellow was probably a penalty but it was harsh to give Barnet a yellow!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]...when he was red carded!! why do the fans clap when he is sent off? i just dont see why![/quote]

You really are a cretinous turd; your posts used to amaze me, not only for their volume but also for their sheer stupidity - now I just despair. But fair play to you fella, you are at least consistent. You asked the question: "Why do fans the clap when he is sent off? I just don''t see why!"

Well let''s have a little think, could it be that:

• He has just committed a fair proportion of his future to the club having signed a lengthy contract.
  • it was not a straight red, nor was it for violent conduct
  • He had a good game in the scheme of things

Or, all of the above?

[quote]...when he was red carded!! why do the fans clap when he is sent off? i just dont see why![/quote][quote]You really are a cretinous turd; your posts used to amaze me, not only for their volume but also for their sheer stupidity - now I just despair. But fair play to you fella, you are at least consistent. You asked the question: "Why do fans the clap when he is sent off? I just don''t see why!"Well let''s have a little think, could it be that:    He has just committed a fair proportion of his future to the club having signed a lengthy contract.    it was not a straight red, nor was it for violent conduct    He had a good game in the scheme of thingsOr, all of the above?[/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/n83855235548_4708.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Clap/Boo at the end not during the game!(appart from good play , sub or goal)[/quote]No, we can support the team how we like, you pathetic pile of dog turd.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

The 1st one he got the ball fairly but the oppositions foot was there, so immediately after winning the ball Barnet made contact with the blokes foot. - NOt even a foul in my opinion.

[/quote]

nugent was one on one and also with barnets reaction would have been sent off for that.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

nugent was one on one and also with barnets reaction would have been sent off for that.

[/quote]Yeah, but you''re a complete plank so it''s irrelevant.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, but you''re a complete plank so it''s irrelevant.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]...when he was red carded!! why do the fans clap when he is sent off? i just dont see why![/quote]

Did you boo at the end of the game Nana? After all we had lost.

I didn''t. The reason being we played remarkably well and didn''t really deserve to lose 2-0. We will play worse and win this season.

I clapped Barnett, he''s a good player and didn''t deserve to get sent off. The first yellow was harsh, and I felt the second was too. OK I agree with it being a penalty but was there any need for the second yellow? I would say no.

The reason people clapped is because you don''t always get what you deserve, and that was certainly true Saturday.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Clap/Boo at the end not during the game!(appart from good play , sub or goal)[/quote]

Too late for a lot of them. They are well on their way home by then.