Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

City Fans Unambitious

To say that you would rather have Delia than Chase is absolutely ridiculous. If you compare the two for their records on the pitch there is no comparison. Chase was by far the most successful chairman the club has ever had in terms of football results. The only reason fans didn''t like him was because he didn''t care about fans.

City fans would rather be in the lower leagues and get knocked out of the cups at the first hurdle so long as they have a club owner who loves them. McNally and Lambert are too good to be true and too good for Norwich. Left to Delia the club would now be on a one way ticket to the Blue Square. 

Well, there''s a turn up for the books, is an octogenarian Big Bob still a viable option Big Vince ?  I''m glad you''re Big Big Vince, because you certainly aren''t clever.

[quote user="Big Vince"]

To say that you would rather have Delia than Chase is absolutely ridiculous. If you compare the two for their records on the pitch there is no comparison. Chase was by far the most successful chairman the club has ever had in terms of football results. The only reason fans didn''t like him was because he didn''t care about fans.

City fans would rather be in the lower leagues and get knocked out of the cups at the first hurdle so long as they have a club owner who loves them. McNally and Lambert are too good to be true and too good for Norwich. Left to Delia the club would now be on a one way ticket to the Blue Square. 

[/quote][IMG]http://futonreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/87665dude-wtf-posters1z.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Big Vince"]

[/quote]

Er whats this all about???????

For a start its difficult to compare Delia Smiths era with Chases era because they are in different times financially. The Championship now is probably on a par with what what the old 1st Division was like in the 1980''s where Chase had us. The old 1st Division was nowhere what the current Premiership is finances wise which is why its very unlikely you''ll ever see a "smaller" club like us get in the top 4! 

I don''t give a s hite if the club owner owner loves me or not, but I do want us to be successful, so all this loving the fans  s hite is exactly that!

Exageration that Delia Smith would take us to the Blue Square but I we''d definately be worse of without messrs Mcnally and Lambert!

I went to a football charity dinner and had the fortune to sit on a table with Harry Rednapp (a top bloke who obviously knows a fair bit about football & man management). I mentioned that I was a NCFC fan and he asked me about Keith O''Neill. I told him what I thought and asked if he was interested in him, I remember he was at West Ham at the time. He replied that Norwich had phoned the club and offered keith O''Neill for £750''000 on transfer deadline day but West Ham did not have the money. This I thought interesting as the very same day, Mr Chase had said to the local paper he did not have to sell anyone and had not tried to sell anyone!!!

Chase was a liar & he did not have the vision or common sense to realise what staying a premier league team would mean to tunrnover & ability to run a club! Remember this is the man that lied to Martin O''Neill about funds causing the best manager we''ve ever have to walk. He sold countless players without telling the relevant manager (Ward / Megson).

I believe Delia does the best she can for the club, although she has made far too made mistakes and she is naive. Her millions in Chases era would have seen us established as a premier league side. Chase in my opinion was a crook!!!

"Remember this is the man that lied to Martin O''Neill about funds causing the best manager we''ve ever have to walk"

BIG, BIG LIE !

The poisoned dwarf had already been tapped up by Leicester and conjured up an excuse to go. I would not have this little ratbag with 100 miles of the club.

As to the wicked pantomime stuff about selling players the truth should highlight the dangers of unsecured loans. The banks were fore closing. To raise money you have to sell what you can, That happens to be player registrations. If the manager says no, do you agree and allow the club to be made bankrupt. Not pretty or welcome, but grim reality I''m afraid.

The thread starter is a troll attempting to wind up City fans. He can be ignored. City fans peddling lies cannot.

As to Redknapp I have likewise met him and have also read Tom Bowers book. Not the most honest or trustworthy bloke is ''readdies'' Redknap. His behaviour highlights probably much of what is wrong with football at the moment.

Are you saying that Delia is not a liar? I can tell you for a fact that she tells a lot of lies. She has liked to peddle the lie that she saved the club from financial ruin after Chase. Of course it was Mr Watling that bought out Chase, not Delia.

The day after Worthy was sacked she went on Radio Norfolk''s breakfast show to say that she did not have a clue about what was going on at Colney. When asked about this at a later fans forum she completely denied that she had said it.

She says she has received no offers to buy the club. Another lie.

She said an agent had been appointed to sell the club. The boy Harris. This may have been true, but the suggestion that she was willing to sell was a complete lie. She has no intention of selling. Any talk of selling or fresh investment is simply a PR stunt to pull the wool over fans'' eyes. The fact that the Turners came and went so quickly proves she has no intention of working alongside any investor. Delia is a dictator in sheep''s clothing.

Bryan Gunn was a manager. Another lie. If the boy was a manager he would have done so after quitting playing, not at the age of 45.

What exactly are you hoping to achieve here Vince? I''m puzzled by the timing. Delia is far from perfect and she has made sone truly horrible decisions, not least the appointments of Grant, Roeder and Gunn. Twice. In hindsight he appointment of Doncaster was possibly her worst. When we hit rock bottom I freely admit I called for her to go.

HOWEVER, since then she has got pretty much everything right. Bowkett and McNally look like signings to rival Huckerby. Lambert has the potential to the best manager we''ve ever had. We are sitting 4th in the Championship with a real shot at promotion and we''ve just agreed a deal with a quality player a full 3 weeks before the window even opens.

Credit where credit is due Vince. We''re on the crest of a wave, try enjoying it.

If Delia''s incompetent and Doncaster was her worst appointment how the feck did we win the Championship by such a wide margin in 2004[:^)]

Was just askin''......

"Remember this is the man that lied to Martin O''Neill about funds causing the best manager we''ve ever have to walk"

BIG, BIG LIE !

The poisoned dwarf had already been tapped up by Leicester and conjured up an excuse to go. I would not have this little ratbag with 100 miles of the club.

As to the wicked pantomime stuff about selling players the truth should highlight the dangers of unsecured loans. The banks were fore closing. To raise money you have to sell what you can, That happens to be player registrations. If the manager says no, do you agree and allow the club to be made bankrupt. Not pretty or welcome, but grim reality I''m afraid.

The thread starter is a troll attempting to wind up City fans. He can be ignored. City fans peddling lies cannot.

As to Redknapp I have likewise met him and have also read Tom Bowers book. Not the most honest or trustworthy bloke is ''readdies'' Redknap. His behaviour highlights probably much of what is wrong with football at the moment.

Source or is this just another one of you dominant posts that shout your telling the truth and have nothing to back it up? Hmmm.

never mind comparing the era''s under chase and Delia, as others have said the financial situation is completely different between the two, so its unfair to compare the on pitch records.

I would look at the person, Delia for all her faults and bad decisions loves the club, Chase was the big I am look at me chairman of a football team, on a personal ego trip.

[quote user="tom1902"]We struck gold with Huckerby that year, before he signed we were nothing.[/quote]Apart from the playoffs, and the 8th place finish.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="tom1902"]We struck gold with Huckerby that year, before he signed we were nothing.[/quote]

Apart from the playoffs, and the 8th place finish.
[/quote]

And Robert Green, Marc Edworthy, Adam Drury, Craig Fleming, Malky Mackay, Gary Holt, Damien Francis, Paul McVeigh and Iwan Roberts.

I am hoping that Delia and Wynn Jones will go, that''s what. It is disgraceful that they are now trying to achieve the credit for the turnaround when the facts show that it has been nothing to do with them. McNally was not Delia''s idea. McNally was recommended to the club by Roy Hodgson. He also recommended Norwich to McNally. Lambert was appointed by McNally, not Delia. You may remember that after the 7-1 thrashing by Colchester, Delia still came out and said that Bryan Gunn was their man, and the rest of the Board, including Bowkett, agreed. McNally had to put himself right out on a limb to say that Gunn had to go and Lambert had to come in. Delia and Wynn Jones should have resigned from the Board at the same time as Munby and Doncaster. Where were they after the relegation at Charlton? Instead of fronting up to supporters at the fans'' forum that followed, they were in hiding in London. I do not recall any apologies either. Come on, do you really think that after all her failures over 14 years, Delia was suddenly able to flick a switch and make all the right decisions all by herself. As for the boy Barnett, he is overrated. He was beaten for the Ipswich goal. He was beaten to the ball by Kitson for the first one on Saturday, and then gave away the penalty. If Barnett and Ward are so good, as we keep being told by Neil Adams, how come there has been no clean sheet for 8 games now? You can''t expect to keep winning if you have to keep outscoring the opposition all the time. However, if you never concede, it only takes one. Norwich City and their fans would do well to recite the gospel according to Georgie Graham a few times..........win at any cost. Forget pretty plays.

[quote user="Big Vince"] It is disgraceful that they are now trying to achieve the credit for the turnaround

[/quote]

Can you show us where they are doing that?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Big Vince"] It is disgraceful that they are now trying to achieve the credit for the turnaround

[/quote]

Can you show us where they are doing that?

[/quote]

[Y]I haven''t heard or read them claim anything of the sort either!

Fair enough if you don''t like them,but it''s no good telling porkies.

[quote user="Big Vince"]

She says she has received no offers to buy the club. Another lie.

[/quote]

---

OK. If someone has made a formal offer to buy the club, who is it? What''s the name of this person or consortium or company?As a shareholder I''d be very interested to know why this offer has been kept from me, against company law.

[quote user="Big Vince"]I am hoping that Delia and Wynn Jones will go, that''s what. It is disgraceful that they are now trying to achieve the credit for the turnaround when the facts show that it has been nothing to do with them. McNally was not Delia''s idea. McNally was recommended to the club by Roy Hodgson. He also recommended Norwich to McNally. Lambert was appointed by McNally, not Delia. You may remember that after the 7-1 thrashing by Colchester, Delia still came out and said that Bryan Gunn was their man, and the rest of the Board, including Bowkett, agreed. McNally had to put himself right out on a limb to say that Gunn had to go and Lambert had to come in. Delia and Wynn Jones should have resigned from the Board at the same time as Munby and Doncaster. Where were they after the relegation at Charlton? Instead of fronting up to supporters at the fans'' forum that followed, they were in hiding in London. I do not recall any apologies either. Come on, do you really think that after all her failures over 14 years, Delia was suddenly able to flick a switch and make all the right decisions all by herself. As for the boy Barnett, he is overrated. He was beaten for the Ipswich goal. He was beaten to the ball by Kitson for the first one on Saturday, and then gave away the penalty. If Barnett and Ward are so good, as we keep being told by Neil Adams, how come there has been no clean sheet for 8 games now? You can''t expect to keep winning if you have to keep outscoring the opposition all the time. However, if you never concede, it only takes one. Norwich City and their fans would do well to recite the gospel according to Georgie Graham a few times..........win at any cost. Forget pretty plays.[/quote]You''ve missed your medication again ...  NURSE!!