Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Does anyone know which leagues have a winter break.I was going to choose something from Hungary,but realise the next game isn''t till February!Cheers for any help[Y]

Before I give my selection I feel duty bound to point out that my record is appalling and I''m nowhere near the table on 8/18 44%. Four of my last six selections have been incorrect. So Hughesy, I quite understand if you look away now.

I''m in Austria this week. Rapid Vienna, who started the season poorly are now unbeaten since September and have won their last three without conceding a goal. Wacker Innsbruck are the total opposite. They were flying at the start of the season and were the early leaders. But they have only won once since September and are dropping like a stone.

Rapid Vienna    v    Wacker Innsbruck        Home Win

There looks like some good selections on here already this week[Y]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Hi All - Hello Hughsey - I''m on a good run at the moment - that''s all I''m saying....[/quote]

That you are Muddy! And it hasn''t gone unnoticed. I was thinking about copying your picks and hoping that would go unnoticed[;)]

[quote user="Herman "]

Does anyone know which leagues have a winter break.I was going to choose something from Hungary,but realise the next game isn''t till February!Cheers for any help[Y]

[/quote]

Herman the Germans have a three week break at the end of December and beginning of January[;)] There are some others too. Best place to look is the links in our library on the PUPs page of the NCISA web site.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]---

Lebanon for me. Al Ansar to bear Al Islah.

Bonne chance a tous![/quote]

===

===

Been having trouble posting.Hence the short post just to get my selection in.

Just to expand...

Al Ansar have a 4-1-0 home record, with a 9-1 goals record.

Struggling Al Islah have lost their last four away games, with a 0-1-4 record.

Cheers nutty[:D] Who''d have thought them Germans would be wimps as well.Well,i will have the study the southern leagues from now on.

I''m going for a home win for Gent v. Charleroi.

Gent are W6 D1 L2 F20 A15 at home and Charleroi are W0 D2 L6 F6 A19 away.

Good Luck, Hughesy!

I could be wrong (I''ve only had a quick glimpse through the thread this week) but I''m surprised that I''m the first to go for this one.

AS Roma Vs Bari - Home win.

Home and away form:

Roma: P7 W5 D2 L0 G12 A5

Bari: P7 W0 D2 L5 G4 A14

Roma have won their last 4 home games. Bari have lost their last two.

In the same game last season Roma won 3-1 as they took all 6 points from Bari.

Davo

I''m heading south this week to league one where high flying Bournemouth (W7-D1-L1-F25-A8) entertain Hartlepool (P3-W3-D3-F7-A6). Although ''pool have a decent away record they neither score nor concede many goals whereas Bournemouth are free scoring at home and that should see them through. So.......

Bournemouth v Hartlepool ........Home win.

Good luck Hughsey. [Y]

Barcelona home win for men against Real Sociedad please. Barcelona are in great form, top of the league by a margin and should be in great conifdence following a 5-0 demolishing of Real Madrid in the el Classico. Home banker for me.

Good luck one and all and especially hughsey:)

Ahh yes Nutty, but it does also show you how bad a run I was on, for me to be this low down the leader board despite my good run now!!!

It''s been a very very very strange season for "certs" so far. Thats why Graham Humph deserves so much credit already - amazing selecting and dodging!

Going abroad this week NAC to beat FC Utrecht, seems like two jeckyll and hide teams in terms of home and away form. NAC are good at home and bad away and FC Utrecht are the same. So home win.

Hopefully will be a more likely bet for the match being on than some in this country.

Good Luck Hughesy and all pickers !

Greetings Pickers.

I''m off to sunny Spain this week. I really can''t see bottom of the table Zaragoza causing Real Madrid many problems this week, so it''s Madrid, away win for me.

Good luck Hughesy and all.

Norwich Game For me this week (As normal)

Norwich Vs Pompey

Score Draw. Holt has been superb lately and is proving me wrong as i thought he would be much less a major part of the team in the championship!

Think the stats have been given by a couple of others already so I''m throwing my hat in with

Borissia Dortmund v Werder Bremen = HOME win

Bremen have been pretty terrible away from home of late and it''s always a good policy not to back any team that played in the Champions League midweek. This all points to a Dortmund win

But nobody ever picks my pick anyway :)

Evening all.

Plenty of great picks and loads to think about. I''ll be back shortly with the big 6 but for now my nap is going to be

Colchester v Yeovil - Home Win.

Back soon....

Charlton t be at Walsall for me Hughesy. Good luck and lets hope you restore the good name of the Pinkun Pup ladies.

Come on Pups only 46 picks so far and we''re still aiming for 70 [:D]

Good Luck everyone.