Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week nineteen of the free bet season. This week we have Hughesy in charge and making the final selections. Hughesy has been a really consistent picker for three seasons now. She finished last season with 78% winning selections and has carried on in the same vein this season with 72%. Hughesy couldn’t be in better form right now having made a correct selection in each of the last three weeks.

Now when I saw Hughesy last month at Millwall and asked her to be picker this week she gave a big smile and said she’d love to because this was the week of her birthday. It was a special birthday too so I know you PUPs will all join me in saying many happy returns to Hughesy for yesterday.[^] And we can all spoil her by giving her our very best selections to consider for this weekend. Wouldn’t it be brilliant if Hughesy could end this week with a win for FONCY!

Once again we have to be careful about the weather. I’m sure there will be many games postponed again. You PUPs did really well last week with only one casualty to the weather. That speaks volumes about the effort you all put in to this thread. I think it’s usually safe to go to the top divisions and that’s where the PUPs Library on the NCISA site will be useful again this week.

I’m pleased to report that our academy boys managed to beat Charlton last night so are now through to the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup. The academy side is having a good season in the league and progress in the cup too is really heartening. Report is here. We have raised over £1,000 for the academy on these threads which makes their success even sweeter for us PUPs.

We haven’t had a get-together[B] for a while and it was suggested that we could have one in January. If you PUPs have any views on when this should take place let me know your thoughts with your selections.

I’ll hand the free bet over to Hughesy now. Enjoy your week in charge, there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Sam... the free bet is yours.......[:)].......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, yes Norfolkchance1 £1082 for the Academy,so far.

Well, the land of moussaka and bazzouki music seems to be good for me at the moment so I''m heading back there with Olympiakos v Atromitos  home winOlympiakos have won their last 6 at home whereas Atromitos have only won twice away in last 6; 2 wins in their last 8 games. Good luck peeps. See some of you later [Z]  [B]  [Z]

I''m going to try and be a bit more creative with my picks for the rest of the season, to try and add a bit more variety (It may not do that at all, but will be interesting). Starting from this week i will go through the alphabet to pick a winning team (starting with A....) hopefully it will work well, and i can keep my fairly decent form going, and offer a couple of different selections......

And in Belgium this week, i will go for

AA Gent vs Charleroi- HOME WIN

AA Gent are 3rd in the league with 11 win, 2 draws and 5 losses, but Charleroi are bottom, and haven''t won away, and have only had one home win, and that was way back in August. And when they hosted AA Gent (also in August) they lost 3-1, so it should hopefully be a fairly simple one for them :D

Good Luck :D

I''m going to venture into the FA Trophy this week, a Sunday game and

Luton v Welling - Home Win

Good luck fellow PUPs, especially Hughesy (and Happy Birthday for yesterday)

To the German league leaders for me please

BORUSSIA DORTMUND v Werder Bremen    HOME WIN

BD have won their last few games,home and away.WB have had a midweek CL game,so hopefully they are knackered.

Good luck Hughesy and all PUPS.[Y]

Hi everyone and thanks Nutty for the intro (and for the birthday wishes). Feeling a bit nervous now but looking forward to it.

Some good picks already so keep them coming, all will be looked at. I''ll choose the final 6 on Friday evening and then I''ll be keeping everything crossed for a double celebration!!!

Back soon with my own nap.

That seems like a bit of a risk gregt....you never know what Blackpool will do, i would have thought it would be a good idea to steer clear of Blackpool games all season....

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Happy Birthday and Good Luck Hughesy.

This week, off to warmer climes.

Inter Milan v Cesena - Home Win

[/quote]

Some stats

Inter at home are 3 3 1 13 6 (W D L Goals For Goals against)

Cesena away are 0 2 5 3 10

Good day to you Nutmeister and good luck Hughesy and all you other PUPs.

I just cannot see past BARCELONA(1/10) at home to Real Sociedad(22/1) so BARCELONA home win please.

Sorry to be rubbish, but im off the internet for a few days and dont have much time to do any research. On first look Barcelona v Real Sociedad appears as nailed on as it gets, so will stick with that.Best of luck Hughesy.

Hi All - Hello Hughsey - I''m on a good run at the moment - that''s all I''m saying.....

Borussia Dortmund v Werder Bremen - Home Win

Dortmund 13W 1D 1L - Top of Bundesliga by 10 points

Werder 5W 4D 6L - Mid table

3 points Dortmund - ''nuff said!

Good luck!!!

Hi, sorry for my absence again last week, more posting troubles, it wouldn''t let me type in the box, it just said waiting for ad.yield manager or something, but i think i''ve fixed the problem, i''ve changed from firefox to google chrome.

Anyway my pick for this week is Burnley to beat Leeds Scum. Good luck everybody

Spanish 2nd Division for me this week

REAL BETIS -v- Cordoba HOME WIN

Betis are currently top and Cordoba 16th

Good Luck Hughesy and all you Lovely PUPs

I am going for a yellows win.

Our dear City to keep me in the pups league

Home win against that lot from down south

Good luck Hughesy.