Sign in to follow this  
Weve (no longer) Got Angus

James Beattie...

[quote user="Mini Jet Heeled Frontman"]I heard a rumour on the grapevine that he is a player we have been looking at... I dont think he is one that i would want her personally...

http://www.ontheballcity.com/james-beattie/[/quote]He''s a fine lady i''ll have you know.

He''s a good player and I''d be happy to see him here based on his ability, if there is any truth in it.

Having said that, he''s probably best his best, gets injured a bit and probably gets paid pretty well.

[quote user="GJP"]

He''s a good player and I''d be happy to see him here based on his ability, if there is any truth in it.

Having said that, he''s probably best his best, gets injured a bit and probably gets paid pretty well.

[/quote]

Blimey the grammar on this thread is very pore today.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I''d like to seem him in a City shirt. I reckon he''d be a decent signing.[/quote]

[Y] I think he could do a job for us.

[quote user="Refs are sometimes blind"]

Blimey the grammar on this thread is very pore
 today.
[/quote]

I thunk so too as well. [;)]

[quote user="Refs are sometimes blind"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Blimey the grammar on this thread is very pore today. [/quote]

Posters on hear of often made grammar mistakes but it doesnt mean there opinions is less worthey! 

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Unfortunately he is a shadow of the player he use to be and now very prone to injury, and going by the picture I last saw of him looking very unfit up at Rangers.[/quote]

Just about to write the same, And in line with the forum police rules, oh hang on, no need for a capital A there 

I think he is to old and would not be the sort of player we are looking for here. If he comes I hope I am proved wrong but I think his best days are behind him

As someone''s already said, even with Rangers'' financial troubles, he''s still going to be on a fair old whack. Probably about £15k to £20k a week.

Not really worth it just to sit on the bench

he would not come and be sat on the bench he is better than any front man we have at the club,

him and holt upfront how good would that be

He is older than Grant Holt? If so he may still have a year or two in him.

My main concern is that although he was a genuine Premiership player a few years back, his moere recent record is not very impressive - a few goals in many games.

Could he resurrect himself and become a prolific scorer for us? His recent record suggests not.