Sign in to follow this  
urdie_Canary

Who are these 2 - 3 players we're interested in signing ??

I''m afraid I have no idea who they might be. However, if I were Lambert I''d look to get two full backs (one right, one left) and a striker. Who? God knows.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Could Steve Morison be one?, we were linked with him earlier in the season. He has kept scored a few times for Millwall and looks decent.[/quote]

I honestly don''t think we could afford him. It''d be nice but unrealistic. Would be better trying for Charlie Austin but I suspect we''d lose a bidding war there too.

[quote user="canaryjock"]Where is it reported we are interested in 2-3 players? Haven''t heard this rumour yet.[/quote]

People are getting confused with him saying possibly another 3 to come, don''t mean we will get three,But West spam will be off loading 1or 2

Now the City boss wants three more new faces before the end of the January window.

“I’ve told the board the players that I want in so they know,” said Lambert. “I need players in. First and foremost we have to get to that magic figure to keep us in the league and then if we’re still hovering about, we have to go for it.

“To go for it I need players in here to give that group a hand. People shouldn’t think that we’ve loads of money all over the place but I hope we get a hand and I’m sure we will.

“If we’re doing OK and we’re still up near the top, we have to try to do everything we can. That’s the ambition of everyone, the backroom staff and the players.

“The lads who I want to come in, they would be huge for us. But I need players in - three more. We have to keep improving the squad and driving on. You never stand still, that’s for sure.”

That is what I heard around 10 days ago, also Barnetts perm signing involves a deal with Hoolahan which will be announced in January.

It is complete hearsay from a 3rd party, but fits with what I have been told.

Bristol City fans are saying that we are after Nicky Maynard. He is refusing a new contract so there could be some legs in it??!!

Would be good cover for Holt.

Now, I''m not saying this will happen, but who would you have out of Lambert, Maynard, Morrison and Austin? I would probably go for Morrison to be honest.

There is no way that Maynard will come here if he leaves, there are a number of Prem clubs after him. Sadly we won''t be able to afford any of the above.

[quote user="leedscanary"]

That is what I heard around 10 days ago, also Barnetts perm signing involves a deal with Hoolahan which will be announced in January.

It is complete hearsay from a 3rd party, but fits with what I have been told.

[/quote]No no no. I''m well aware of the ''urge'' your average fan has to keep the rumour mill going, but i''m getting just a ''tad'' tired of this rumour now.It''s unlikely as hell that they''d confirm the transfer of Barnett explicitly without presenting Hoolahan, or any other given player should they be involved, as an intrinsic part of that deal. Why should that transfer be shown a distinction against any player that has agreed to move in the opposite direction?Vitally also, the transfer was said to be made for an ''undisclosed fee'' on the official website. Rather unambiguous might i add. Lambert also called the deal an absolute ''steal''. I''d gander that''d be far from what he''d say if it involved the key talisman in our record breaking promotion season, who has scored 20 goals from midfield in the short time Paul has managed us, with however many assists. It''s unlikely that he will be seen as an easy component of the side to drop (or least it''ll be Lambert''s biggest mistake to date if he did, especially if he were to undervalue Hooly like that while he still appears in our starting line-up).HE IS NOT GOING TO WEST BROM IN A PART-EXCHANGE DEAL![:@]

As for who Lambert may be tracking we''ve been given no real clue. Over the past few days the names Tierny, Griffiths, and Henderson (eek!) have been bandied about by the press.Other possibilities that come to mind could be Paul Hayes, who has been loaned to Barnsley, by Preston North End, after an unimpressive start there this season. Then there is Ian Hume at Barnsley who has gone in the opposite direction to Hayes. Neither valued highly at their own respective clubs, but have shown their ability to meet the demands at this level, and they play in a position that needs a little ''hand'' at the moment.Nile Ranger from Newcastle on loan is of course another rumoured possibility, as it always seems to be. Tom spoke of John Fleck on loan, a plausible move on all too many levels (family heritage, recent transfer activity between the two clubs in Smith, our former Rangers head scout, Flecks stunted progress as a ''bit-part'' player... etc.).Otherwise, i''m a little lost at the moment. Wouldn''t be surprised to see another defender come in for one.

I have no idea who they are, or if their clubs will let them go.

Of more concern to me is another question. Do we try to sign someone who can be a match-changer, like Nugent was, or sign two or three useful players who can slot in well into our style of play?

Perhaps Holty and Hooly are capable of changing a game with a moment of individual brilliance, even if talent is invisible for the rest of the game. The rest of the side are good but have to play every week at the top of their ability if we are to gain points, and we are dangerous only as a team.

If we go for two or three good players, perhaps with some potential, it means that we are not going for borke this year but for consolidation and future team building. This is what I expect to happen. If, however, we succeed in borrowing or signing someone with outstanding ability then I think that we may push on to the play-offs and a high finish.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]we are a nice top 6 to 10 squad. A bit of quality could easily transform this to promotion challengers as noone seems to want it at the moment[/quote]

Absolutely. I would like to see a big bustling centre forward as replacement for Holt - whenever he''s missing - and a left back.

Whoever said Tierney from Colchester could be on to something. Definite links and plays in a position we desperately need cover for.I said Nile Ranger on loan in another thread, or Delfonsou from Villa. They''d be dead good.EEN reported the Ryan Harley rumour a while back, and got themselves into a bit of trouble, but I think he''s a fairly good shout too.