Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Big Sam goes...

Dont wanna be the bringer of doom but every donkey team in the Prem losing there manager is a high threat to us !Its my greatest fear that we will lose Lambo to one of these yoyo or bottom half no body prem teams  :(

Football has gone crazy, Hughton & Allardyce were both doing decent enough jobs at their clubs. Yet losers like Avram Grant & Roy Keane remain employed? I don''t think we need fear them coming for Paul Lambert, they will no doubt be after a foreign coach.

I don''t think it is much of a worry. I''m guessing the new owners sacked Allardyce because they are looking for a bigger name to take the club forward, and I doubt they''d hire someone from a  lower league without any top-level managerial experience.Martin Jol, seeing as how he left Ajax last week?

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Football has gone crazy, Hughton & Allardyce were both doing decent enough jobs at their clubs. Yet losers like Avram Grant & Roy Keane remain employed?

I don''t think we need fear them coming for Paul Lambert, they will no doubt be after a foreign coach.
[/quote]?

What has Keano got that keeps him in a job, Is he blackmailing Marcus Evens?

It''ll be Curbishly or someone already on or around the Premiership management merry go round, just look at Newcastle...Pardew on a 5 1/2 year deal...really?

Potentially a big mistake. Can''t see who is going to do a better job than him unless they''re going to throw a lot of money at the playing squad and if that does turn out to be the case then why didn''t they give him a chance to spend some money?

Sam will be ok though, he''s obviously getting a nice pay off from them and he''ll be able to get another good job in management at some point if he fancies it.

He took over a club in the relegation zone, guides them to 10th the following season and they are hardly struggling this season, they would have gone 7th if they had beaten Bolton at the weekend. What more could the man realistically have done? They are only Blackburn after all! Though perhaps the new owners want to see some decent football played? Thats all well and good, but if their current squad try and play passing football they will end up relegated. I would have though Martin Jol is most likely. I have little fear of Lambert leaving, the mid table clubs are unlikely to gamble on someone with no top flight experience and why would Lambert join a club in the relegation zone given how close we are to promotion. Add to the fact that we are in actuality a bigger club with more potential than most of these teams then any move he made would surely be a sideways one? Its the Celtic job we ought to be concerned about.

"What has Keano got that keeps him in a job2

an owner with very little interest in the football side of things - he would not have appointed as chief executive Simon Clegg who freely admitted he hadn''t a clue about football transfers and had never had any experience in running, or even working with, a football club before

at some point it''ll will become clear as to what his real intent is - but even the dimmest suffolk farmhand must now begin to grasp there is no intention of pushing towards them promotion

only real question is will he allow the paupers to sink into Div 1 ....

........ unfortunately for our poor simply rustic neighbours it''s looking more, more likely that''s what''s going to happen

[quote user="Penfold"]Dave Jones was linked to Blackburn on TalkSport. Good news as long as Cardiff don''t want Lambo.[/quote]Don''t thin there''s a cat in hells chance of  Lambert wanting to go there, they''re no bigger club than us.

talked to my cousin in Blackburn today hes pretty sure it will be Mr Patel who is presently the manager of the spicey chicken take away near ewood park new owners looks after there own

[quote user="City1st"]"What has Keano got that keeps him in a job2 an owner with very little interest in the football side of things - he would not have appointed as chief executive Simon Clegg who freely admitted he hadn''t a clue about football transfers and had never had any experience in running, or even working with, a football club before at some point it''ll will become clear as to what his real intent is - but even the dimmest suffolk farmhand must now begin to grasp there is no intention of pushing towards them promotion only real question is will he allow the paupers to sink into Div 1 .... ........ unfortunately for our poor simply rustic neighbours it''s looking more, more likely that''s what''s going to happen[/quote]

Whats this got to do with Sam and Blackburn?

A reply to a post by pete_norw in this thread

I thought you read every post

[quote user="City1st"]A reply to a post by pete_norw in this thread I thought you read every post[/quote]

No those days are long gone I''m afraid, there''s so much rubbish on here nowadays and its so quiet that you can come on twice a week now and catch up fairly quickly [:)]

Rumours have already begun circulating concerning a successor, with Glenn Roeder reportedly ready to step in to the hot-seat, but owner Marcus Evans seems loathe to dispense with the services of a man he appointed 18 months ago. With their next two matches against an in-form Watford and an improving Leicester side, Keane''s reflection is sure to show a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. He insists he will not walk away and the Ipswich hierarchy insist he will not be sacked. With this impasse, it could continue to be a disappointing season for the supporters. Matt Green

Now wouldnt that just be so funny if they end up with good old Glen Roeder 

I think we''re pretty safe on this one. The new owners are going to want to appoint a big name manager to spend all of the £millions they''re pumping into the club.

The time for us to worry will be when David Moyes finally realises he''s taken Everton as far as he can and quits. If Lambert is still doing a good job when that happens I can see him ending up as their new manager [:''(]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I think we''re pretty safe on this one. The new owners are going to want to appoint a big name manager to spend all of the £millions they''re pumping into the club.

The time for us to worry will be when David Moyes finally realises he''s taken Everton as far as he can and quits. If Lambert is still doing a good job when that happens I can see him ending up as their new manager [:''(]

[/quote]

Have to agree with you there Shack Attack.

Had a silly hunch all along that Lambert would end up at Everton for some reason! Not only the sort of club I can see him being attracted to (the tradition, long time fallen giants, Liverpool as a footballing City etc etc)-plus, of course, Everton struck gold with Moyes who they got, as a young, up and coming Scottish Manager, from a Championshoip club that he had re-energised...oh dear, they''re made for each other!!

I still think Martin O''Neill will be Norwich boss again, one day. If he was, IF, he was out of work/available as and when Lambert does go, I''d punt on him even then, unlikely as it sounds. But thats hypothetical.

Blackburn''s new owners, it would seem, want the glamour and big name Manager, talk of Maradona being a target for them this morning!

That''d be entertaining!

I don''t think we need to fear the departure of Lambo just yet, but there certainly will come a day when a big club tempts him away - if he keeps up the good work he''s doing for City, of course.

On the Blackburn job, I also heard that they are interested in Diego Maradona

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]talked to my cousin in Blackburn today hes pretty sure it will be Mr Patel who is presently the manager of the spicey chicken take away near ewood park new owners looks after there own[/quote][:^)]