Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

At the end of the season...

Does anyone else think we should keep Stuart regardless and let Mulryne go? I don''t see much need for him, he''ll be behind Francis, Holt, Stuart and Safri for a position. And, frankly, I don''t think much of him.

He''ll be gone, it''s known that he''s a high earner at the club and his performances since he signed again haven''t justified it

Good point, but would Stuart want to play in the championship if we go down???

i think if we stay up then he''ll definitely stay.

A bit of an odd suggestion that one Andrew, even though Mulryne has not been playing too well by all accounts. So keep a 34 year old rather than a 27 year old. Seems odd given Worthy passed on too aging players at the beginning of the season letting both Malky and Iwan go. If age had anything to do with it then those too would now deserve a place in the squad.

Before the cavalry arrive with the usual "he''s the best passer at the club" or "he hasn''t had a fair run of games" and other such bo**ox, I''m on your side, he''s had his chance, in fact he''s had more than his fair share of chances and the truth is he isn''t up to the levels we require. He was OK when he arrived, he had potential and we were desperate but we''ve moved on since then and we expect a little more from our players, especially as we''re in the prem. Count on Worthy unloading him come the summer wherever we end up!

how on earth are we supposed to decide without actually seeing Graham Stuart playing in the Norwich side (i.e. we haven''t got the evidence as to whether he''s still any good and what his best position is)? Mulryne''s position is vulnerable regardless of Stuart as with a fully-fit squad he is 4th choice central midfielder behind Francis, Safri and Holt.

Hang on Aubrey, your anti Mullers comments are a bit harsh! I have always been a fan of Mullers but will be the first to admit that his recent performances have been poor. Fact is though that in the last 2 sasons he has had very few genuine opportunities with Worthy only playing him when others are injured or as a sub. Why are we so willing to kick Mullers out when a certain other player now coming back from illness, plays week in, week out, month in, month out, season in, season out regardless of form!!! I bet Mullers wishes he had received such favouritism from the manager!

As for Stuart, i agree with Fillet, we haven''t even seen this guy play yet! All I will say is that we''ve got a player who ''has been troubled by a back injury and has not played first team football for 3 months'' - great record eh? IF he brings some quality and organisation to midfield and we survive then fine but as for then offering him a contract for next season why is Worthy going down this short sighted policy of getting old players in (next season we could have 7 first teamers over age 30) - whatever happened to our ''youth policy''!  

If we do go down (as I think we will), lets hope that Worthy has a good clear out of some of these ''has beens'' and starts building for the future by giving some of our own young players like Crowe, Jarvis and Shacks some proper opportunities. With a £20M debt, we cannot keep spend, spend, spend on transfer fees and inflated wages. 

My argument is based not at all on Stuart, but entirely on Mullers. I don''t think he''s up to the high standards anymore. Yes, he''s been a great servant, and yes he can really get involved, and control the flow of the game, but the times he does that are far too few to warrant him staying.

What we have in Stuart is a viable replacement.

However, I do conceed that Stuart is rather old (we should sign Tonge from Sheffield Utd) and maybe we''d be better replacing both with younger, better models.

Mullers utterly utterly sucks.

He has not done ANYTHING over the past three years to convince me otherwise, save one free kick against Preston and a great goal after an assist from the ref.

See ya Phil.

[quote]Mullers utterly utterly sucks. He has not done ANYTHING over the past three years to convince me otherwise, save one free kick against Preston and a great goal after an assist from the ref. See ya P...[/quote]

Spot on bananaman.  If we could offload Mullers tomorrow I''d take it.  I think it despends how Stuart does.  If he performs well and we still go down I would have thought he''d be prepared to play in the 1st Div.  You don''t get too many 35 year olds in the Prem

[quote]Good point, but would Stuart want to play in the championship if we go down??? i think if we stay up then he''ll definitely stay.[/quote]

he is 34 and i expect he just wants to keep playing football