Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Report Nugent.

Anyone witness Nugent goading/gesturing to the Barclay during the game on Saturday?I happened to speak to a couple of plod after the game about it, and they said it had been noted and they were not happy about it.Their advice was to report it to the club and to Norfolk Police. They said this would help in terms of some sort of action taken against him.If Barnett is going to get a hefty ban for his frustrations at the sending off, I don''t see why that knob should get off scott free. He was clearly inciting the crowd and made the polices job much more difficult after the game. He''s paid tens of thousands a week to act like a professional, we do not pay 25 quid a game to see him giving us the finger and acting like an arrogant little turd.I''m going to follow plod advice and report the incidents to both club and Bethel St. Lets see if we can''t get Nugent a longer ban than Barnett!

[quote user="Herb"]

I''m going to follow plod advice and report the incidents.....

[/quote]Is that what the report button is for in the bottom right hand corner? [:^)]

[quote user="CDMullins"]So our fans can call him a c*** and thats fine but you want to report him to the Police for putting a finger up?[/quote]Yes, you don''t go to a cafe and complain about the staff swearing at them and expect the same in return. The employees would get fired.It''s called professionalism.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Why would you be called a c*** for going into a cafe?[/quote]Thought I wouldn''t have to say this but, if you were to go into a cafe and get a shit service and you went to complain and throwing the odd swears at them. And they returned the favour.

Hold on,

Nugent walked into Carrow Rd got called a c***, so retaliated

Customer walks into cafe and gets called a c***??????????????

My question is this, can the Norfolk Constabulary use the same laws against Nugent as they did against those people on the bridge?

Surely Nugent''s case must be far worse as he had the potential to wind up thousands of people rather than just a few northern monkeys on a bridge? Plus he was actually in the ground when he committed the offence.

Davo

[quote user="Herb"]Anyone witness Nugent goading/gesturing to the Barclay during the game on Saturday?I happened to speak to a couple of plod after the game about it, and they said it had been noted and they were not happy about it.Their advice was to report it to the club and to Norfolk Police. They said this would help in terms of some sort of action taken against him.If Barnett is going to get a hefty ban for his frustrations at the sending off, I don''t see why that knob should get off scott free. He was clearly inciting the crowd and made the polices job much more difficult after the game. He''s paid tens of thousands a week to act like a professional, we do not pay 25 quid a game to see him giving us the finger and acting like an arrogant little turd.I''m going to follow plod advice and report the incidents to both club and Bethel St. Lets see if we can''t get Nugent a longer ban than Barnett![/quote]

get a life bet you are a grumpy lover

What a complete load of bollox this all is.

Dear Norfolk Constabulary, please can you arrest Mr Nugent, we spent all afternoon calling him a c**t and he then had the gall to make a rude and offensive gesture at us......

Oh dear is this what it comes to when we loseHe wont be the first to do it to you and he wont be the lastSounds like good use of plods time . Not

But I pay my taxes and this is just the sort of thing this Government don''t care about anymore! God knows they''re going to put the price of EVERYTHING up in the next few months, the least they can do is make him do Community Service by fruit picking in summer. At least that will stop all those Eastern Europeans from coming over here and stealing all the work from us hard working Englishmen who don''t want to do those jobs anyway.

For gods sake!  Let it be will you!  I bet your the type of person who sits in your arm chair with a pen and note pad waiting for the slightest expletive like ''flipping heck'' to be said on Emmerdale or Corrie so you can write to watch dog and complain!  Or even still, be up against your TV screen with a ruler as Pat Butcher is showing 23% too much cleavage in Eastenders..............ok, i would complain about the last one! lol, but my point is..........Nugent had a bit of a laugh at the fans and with the fans.  We called him all sorts yet he took it in his stride and had a little go back!  What did he do that was that bad?  Hand against his ear, keepie uppies with the ball on his head, massive cheesy grin at us all, and just having banter!  If the fans then react in a violent way then it''s the fans who have the problem!  It''s character and football, and if you misinterperate that for an excuse for a fight and react like a complete knob then you''re the one with the problem!  Wish there was more players like Nugent around!  And for the record, he tore us apart BIG TIME!  End of! 

[quote user="Raymond De Waard"]For gods sake!  Let it be will you!  I bet your the type of person who sits in your arm chair with a pen and note pad waiting for the slightest expletive like ''flipping heck'' to be said on Emmerdale or Corrie so you can write to watch dog and complain!  Or even still, be up against your TV screen with a ruler as Pat Butcher is showing 23% too much cleavage in Eastenders..............ok, i would complain about the last one! lol, but my point is..........Nugent had a bit of a laugh at the fans and with the fans.  We called him all sorts yet he took it in his stride and had a little go back!  What did he do that was that bad?  Hand against his ear, keepie uppies with the ball on his head, massive cheesy grin at us all, and just having banter!  If the fans then react in a violent way then it''s the fans who have the problem!  It''s character and football, and if you misinterperate that for an excuse for a fight and react like a complete knob then you''re the one with the problem!  Wish there was more players like Nugent around!  And for the record, he tore us apart BIG TIME!  End of! [/quote]

Well  said - I made almost identical comments on main Nugent thread. Only qualification I would make is whether Nugent was making deliberately offensive gestures. I think if he was then that changes things somewhat.

As you say it''s a bit rich all this bleating and modern day moaning when we all (or 99% of us I''d guess) still regard the boy Bellars as an out and out God! Just ask Russell Martin about the verbals he got after just the first minute from said player. Just ask the Scunthorpe fans about him, the Rangers fans............the list is endless!!  

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]

What a complete load of bollox this all is.

Dear Norfolk Constabulary, please can you arrest Mr Nugent, we spent all afternoon calling him a c**t and he then had the gall to make a rude and offensive gesture at us......

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more WOAW.Are we in such a nanny state that we all go crying to the authorities just because an opposition player gives a bit back ? A lot of those whinging about it on here probably weren''t old enough to appreciate Robert Fleck at his finest, especially against Ipswich. Someone said that the Ipswich fans used to enjoy it and some even applauded him which is great.Some people really do need to live in the real world....... 

My main gripe where the Nugent situation is concerned is that the referee didn''t take action against him goading the crowd.

I don''t believe it should be within the police or stewards jurisdiction to act against players who acted the way Nugent did but I certainly think it should be the referees job to control everything that happens on the pitch and each player''s behavior. I believe his failure to act against those Portsmouth players who were pi$$-taking toward the end of the match contributed to the frustration that led to Barnett''s incident.  I only wish he had hit him in the face instaed of the chest.......in for a penny ,in for a pound !!

I don''t agree with grassing up players to the police and all the whinging. I do however think Nugent was being a tw*t and the reason for that is that (like Kitson) we had not actually been calling him a c**t all afternoon, he started baiting the fans virtually unprompted. After he had baited the crowd a bit uyes he got some abuse back but until that point he had not even been on the radar. Kitson always does it if he scores at Carrow Road and Nugent was worse. His antics towards the end of the game showed a lack of respect (particularly towards our players) and made him look like a big time charlie t**t. Personally I hope fate takes its course and he breaks his leg!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t agree with grassing up players to the police and all the whinging. I do however think Nugent was being a tw*t and the reason for that is that (like Kitson) we had not actually been calling him a c**t all afternoon, he started baiting the fans virtually unprompted. After he had baited the crowd a bit uyes he got some abuse back but until that point he had not even been on the radar. Kitson always does it if he scores at Carrow Road and Nugent was worse. His antics towards the end of the game showed a lack of respect (particularly towards our players) and made him look like a big time charlie t**t. Personally I hope fate takes its course and he breaks his leg![/quote]

Jim, I agree with most of what you say, Nugent as you say needs to show a bit more respect to his fellow players and be a little more professional on the pitch as he is a good player.

Nugent is a  grade A c**t.However I am affraid he got away with this one. I was in the far end of the Jarold and was furious with the ball on the head and the basket ball lay ups he was pretending to do, i belive my exact words were "Go on Chrissy lamp him !!! "However all said i am affraid   :Nugent 1Norwich fans 0

That said, how would you lot feel if we stole a 2-0 away and lets say Grant Holt was standing at the Corner flag with the ball up his shirt in response to the "You fat bast@rd" chants ???I am willing to bet the majority of you would be giggling and saying what a highlight of the match it was !!

[quote user="CDMullins"]Why would you be called a c*** for going into a cafe?[/quote]Maybe you were an arsonist who burnt it down the day before?

I think Jim Smith has summed this up pretty well,

its not a case where Nugent reacted to abuse, he instigated all the aggro with running back to the half-way line with his hand cupped, then making "hilarious" faces, and then in response to a couple of rude comments sticking his finger up. He then got a couple of thousand calling him a c..t.

He then goes the funny ball juggling and runs to the Barclay after his dive for Penalty. So 4-5 reactions not the same as Flecky sticking the Football up his Jumper, I might venture.

I am pretty sure the bad atomosphere led to Barnett''s trouble, which I don''t think people can shrug off as easily as Mr Comedian virtually starting a riot. The Police are absolutely right to write to the FA and his Club, probably a waste of time charging him I would admit as wouldn''t stick.

Ask yourself what would have happended at most league grounds? I would say that some fans would be throwing bottles, coins etc. It was tantamount to running into a pub full of away fans and shouting who wants it.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Nugent is a  grade A c**t.
However I am affraid he got away with this one. I was in the far end of the Jarold and was furious with the ball on the head and the basket ball lay ups he was pretending to do, i belive my exact words were "Go on Chrissy lamp him !!! "
However all said i am affraid   :

Nugent 1
Norwich fans 0

[/quote]

Maybe today.....but there''ll be another day.

Never underestimate the power of the gods of football in exacting their own brand of ''karma''  (witness Dean Ashton and Damien Francis). Don''t be suprrised to see this gutless, scouse sack of sh!te stretchered off with a cruciate ligament injury over the next few games.........and when that day arrives I''ll be the first in line to send him a ''get well soon'' message.

Ye Gods. It just gets better and better. You would really wish broken legs and cruciate ligament injuries on Nugent for what happened Saturday? Then you really are a grade ''A'' cock.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Ye Gods. It just gets better and better. You would really wish broken legs and cruciate ligament injuries on Nugent for what happened Saturday? Then you really are a grade ''A'' cock.[/quote]

call me any juvenile names you like.......It''s not a question of what I wish for, It''s a question of ''karma''.

as you quite rightly say .........Ye Gods will decide !!!