Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

John Utaka

Is it just me or is he genuinely the worst player to grace the Carrow Road turf this season?  Apart from a fine bodycheck on Russell Martin (which somehow escaped a booking) I have no idea what use he actually is.  Not bad for a player who was/is being paid, what, about £75,000 a week?  Nice work if you can get it.  No wonder Portsmouth ended up in such a mess.

They are full of failed Premier League ponces and one-cap wonders. They got lucky yesterday but are going nowhere fast. This Club represents everything that is bad in the game and, bearing in mind how they have treated their local community, it is amazing they still manage to attract 15,000 for their home games.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Is it just me or is he genuinely the worst player to grace the Carrow Road turf this season?  Apart from a fine bodycheck on Russell Martin (which somehow escaped a booking) I have no idea what use he actually is.  Not bad for a player who was/is being paid, what, about £75,000 a week?  Nice work if you can get it.  No wonder Portsmouth ended up in such a mess.
[/quote]

He was truly awful, misplaced passes, late tackles, poor ball control - no useful contribution whatsoever.

He reminded me of Ali Dia - the guy who fooled Souness at Southampton by telling him he was George Weah''s cousin. I think he was brought on as a sub but ended up being substituted before the end of the game. There must be some Youtube footage out there somewhere.

Can we get Utaka''s agent to give Roy Keane a call - I think he would enhance the team Scum brought to the derby and hopefully further Agent Roy''s plan for League One football.

I remember Utaka scoring an absolutely stunning goal against Manchester United (possibly someone else, not sure?) a couple of years ago.

Charged with the ball full-pelt from his own half, past a series of shadow-chasing defenders, and round the goalkeeper, before scoring. All at absolutely blistering pace. Never seen a footballer move so fast.

He looked awful yesterday though. As did Kitson - who Stoke paid £7million for!

Some quick research has shown it was against Bolton in fact! Maybe I just assumed it was Man United as they''re ALWAYS on SKY!

The pace he showed was phenomenal. Remember how good the goal looked at the time...not quite as good when you look at it now, but still not bad!

Absolutely he was absolute crap worst player I have seen.  Pompey would not be playing him but for the salary trying to put him in shop window, no takers surprising huh.

For me the worst player I''ve seen must be any one out of the Preston defence at Deepdale.

Played like strangers amazing we didn''t score more with their assists.