Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

It's Mega Moan Time!!

Hmmmm ,I wish I knew, I suspect Mr Lambert does too.Weight of expectation? Also the fact that teams will come away to Carrow road and rarely attack, and would rather be difficult to beat, we seem to struggle with this. When we play away from home generally each home side will be more attacking and less defensive, and by definition, more open.Does that make sense?

Crap?! Did you see a different game to me on Saturday (and agianst Ipswich)? I personally thought we were excellent. Had Jacko had a run of games and been in any sort of form we''d have gone on to win that game comfortably. I will concede that we still concede too many sloppy goals but to say our home form is crap is way off target for me. We haven''t always got the result that our play has deserved but that does not make our form crap. We are 1 signing away from a genuine promotion shot in my opinion.

To be fair to the OP, I think he means crap in comparison to our away form, and our home form of last season.

Luck? We were desperately unlucky against Hull, Palace and Portmouth (although I didn''t go to the last one) and were worthy of all 3 points, if not at least 1.

Although maybe it''s about making our own luck? Lack of finishing costing us?

We had enough chancves to have won by several goals. I think that the same has happened at home games before, while in some away games we have taken our few chances.

So is it that we snatch at chances, desperate to please the home crowd, and we lack steadiness in front of goal?

Or is it that visiting teams pack their defences and block many of our attempts? Deflections certainly stopped two or three possible goals on Saturday.

Or is it a reflection of the quality of teams we have played at home against the quality away?

Whatever the cause, we are far from Fortress CR.

At home we have conceded just about as many as we have scored, and on this we stand out among the top 6 teams. So is it that in seeking to score we leave our rather frail defence exposed, with both fullbacks upfield and lacking pace to regroup?