Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Delia Smith....

What do people think of her nowadays?Doesn''t seem to have been much moaning about her recently, was it all Doncaster''s fault?I personally think she has been pretty good for the club, obviously has given up a fair chunk of her money to the club as well, and deserves some respect....(as long as she never appears on the pitch in a drunken state at half time again [:P] )

Well thus far using a book stolen from my mother I have made :Delia''s Mince PiesDelia''s Rich Fruit cake ( In the oven about to become my families xmas cake )Delia''s Sausage Rolls and when i googled Ginger Ice Cream recipie... first hit ??http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/summer-desserts/ice-cream/ginger-ice-cream.htmlAnd I can tell ya, more ginger, but still very nice !

In conclusion :I think we can blame Doomy , we dont really know whats going on in that back room and I have always thought that Delia really has done a lot for this club. We will see what happens in the Jan and June transfer market.But you gotta remember, dunno if he could or would ( legally or if he even knows ?! ) I still reckon the money to bring in Hucks was boosted by Delia.Thumbs up for the super cook in all honesty :)

[quote user="Gingerpele"].(as long as she never appears on the pitch in a drunken state at half time again [:P] )[/quote]Jeez thats a bloody given, cringeworthy stuff ><

Done some good and some bad things but the fact that the club sunk to it''s lowest level for 50 years under her ownership will always leave a sour taste in the mouth, some of us could see the club was clearly going in the wrong direction the last few seasons leading up to relegation to league 1 and even though many decisions were Doncasters  responsibility she should have stepped in and done something about it before it was to late. She''s done her time here imo and a change of ownership would probably be beneficial to the club as long as he or she had the right intentions.

That said mate, her ownership has also seen 2 massive high points for the club, promotion to the Prem and now this run under Lambert.And I hate to say it ( im 30 ) Norwich has been a Championship club longer than it has been a Premiership club !!!

[quote user="kdncfc"]Done some good and some bad things but the fact that the club sunk to it''s lowest level for 50 years under her ownership will always leave a sour taste in the mouth, some of us could see the club was clearly going in the wrong direction the last few seasons leading up to relegation to league 1 and even though many decisions were Doncasters  responsibility she should have stepped in and done something about it before it was to late. She''s done her time here imo and a change of ownership would probably be beneficial to the club as long as he or she had the right intentions.[/quote]Agree with most of this , i think shes too heavily criticised and she clearly loves the club and is trying to do her best. I think now we have McNally on board, we''ll see the best of Delia

Football Clubs achieve most where there are genuine fans as owners, but they are like us and decisions are sometimes made with the heart and not the head. But then look around at the disasters where owners pump in cash for business reasons and then want away when the business turns sour. Things have not always been great in recent years, but journeys are not often staright forward and we are in better shape than many clubs now as demonstrated by the accounts from last year with wages at circa 40% of turnover, which is sensible and robust unlike another East Anglian club with staff costs of more than 100% of turnover, a recipe for disaster. Their message board is full of fans bitterly upset at their soul-less club. Glad we''ve still got her.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]That said mate, her ownership has also seen 2 massive high points for the club, promotion to the Prem and now this run under Lambert.And I hate to say it ( im 30 ) Norwich has been a Championship club longer than it has been a Premiership club !!![/quote]I''m to close to 50 for comfort now so I have seen at least as many years in the top division.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]True true,Better than the Chase era ?[/quote]Difficult to say whether the last 15 years have been better than the Chase era, during Chases reign we regularly used to beat the Chelsea and Manures of this world but as soon as we got a good player he was sold only for the money to mysteriously disappear so we never really seemed to get as far as we could have done. One thing that has improved considerably is our attendances which is obviously down to the initiatives the club have made to make football more affordable which is to be commended.In my younger days I took it as gospel that we would always be in the top division and up until we got relegated in the mid 90''s we always bounced straight back up each time we went down but the sky money has obviously made it much more difficult than it used to be.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Was Chase in it to make money for himself?[/quote]I think there were allegations of that especially when we sold Ruel Fox for over 2 million quid and replaced him with Neil Adams for around 300k. The money we got for Newsome and Ashley Ward was never seen again either although I think they were sold just to keep the banks happy if my memory serves me correctly as the club was in deep poo by that time.

You can moan about her if you want but dont forget she stepped in at a time when we were as good as gone money wise.

Her main faults seem to have been who she''s put in charge of affairs be it beside her in the board room or manager of the players.

What you cant do is fault her comitment to the club and also the % of her income she puts in against many of the big players in the prem.

Question many people should ask themselves is " who would they want as owners of the club in the long term ? " A russian type billionair who granted puts in s**t loads of money but could change his mind on a monday morning or someone who really cares for the club and wont just give up one day.

How many of these other owners go in with the our supporters in away games like ds has a couple of times.

Granted she aint perfect but she does her bit.

In the aftermath of the humbling of Ipswich Town Football Club a week ago one of their fans referred to their club as being just another ''disenfranchised franchise.''

What really hurt Ipswich supporters was that we are so much that they have lost. We have owners and board members who are very visibly supporters. We have a strong executive. We have a manager with passion and a set of players motivated by him to play to the height of their ability and effort. We have structure and distinct roles i.e. coaches who are allowed to get on and coach. We have full houses and supporters of character who feel exhaulted.

Has money through foreign ownership honestly brought such joy to Man City or Liverpool? Are Blackburn fans intrigued by their new owners?

I would happily pass on the Premier League and the chance to play franchised Clubs half the season with paltry support for the games against Derby, Ipswich, leeds, Sheffield United, QPR etc etc.

The only trouble with success in this league is that it wins you promotion to big money and media balanced against higher costs, fewer games, screwed up fixtures for armchair fans and predictable defeats to teams full of foreign mercenaries. Shame there isn''t a better alternative.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]. Shame there isn''t a better alternative.[/quote]

Which is why it would be great to sort out the prem.

Wage cap the players and filter down the TV money to the lower leagues so all footy fans could watch their teams with out fear of their clubs going bust.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I''d be interested to know what the NCISA standpoint is regarding Delia following the recent changes..[/quote]

If i did not know better i would think that somebody with the same surname as you was feeding you your lines Duncan[;)]

Same accusation, two different threads. And yes, you should know better, who was feeding me lines in The Nelson after the scum game?? It''s a genuine question. You could always just answer it Tilly..

Good to see that fans are realising how lucky we are having Delia as owner.

The 2010 accounts show once again when undertakings were needed by the bank Delia pledged her own funds as security. That tided the club over that difficult period and then we were promoted and now have a long term agreement. 

On and off the field we are now all pulling in the same direction.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Same accusation, two different threads. And yes, you should know better, who was feeding me lines in The Nelson after the scum game?? It''s a genuine question. You could always just answer it Tilly..[/quote]

I am no longer on the NCISA Committee.Try asking Beausant he is the spokesperson.

My opinion is that it is not a genuine question but an attempt at sh*t stirring.You are becoming just as obsessed with NCISA as your old man.

Well of course when Roy Blower was Chairman Delia could do no wrong by NCISA . I believe he said Delia and Michael should be exempt from criticism because they had done so much for the club. But of course Roy Blower was instrumental in the Chase Out group so he probably was biased. However the current Chairman has a much different view on Big Bob so it would be interesting to know if NCISA''s views on Delia have shifted any.

Blimey we have a double act on here with an interest in NCISA.Tell me do you have a putta each or do you share the same one?.I am genuinely interested.[:P]

Instead of asking on here may i suggest you e-mail NCISA and Beausant who is the spokesperson will no doubt give you a reply.Not a problem not being members Mr Edwards x 2.Is this NCISA obsession in the family genes?

Technology tsk, what will they think of next...? Surely if the question is asked and answered on here it will be there for all to see? What''s wrong with that..??

What an amazing thing this new fangled technology is Tilly. I think you do well to keep up considering your advancing years[S]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Beausant who is the spokesperson

[/quote]He seems to have gone missing Tilly. I''m getting very concerned now, first it was Tangy and now Beauseant! Is the committee being knocked off one at a time? [:^)] I hope they''re all right! [U]

[quote user="kdncfc"]I think there were allegations of that especially when we sold Ruel Fox for over 2 million quid and replaced him with Neil Adams for around 300k. The money we got for Newsome and Ashley Ward was never seen again either although I think they were sold just to keep the banks happy if my memory serves me correctly as the club was in deep poo by that time.[/quote]Also when he sold Chris Sutton for what was it 5m ? And bought a ( sorry to say it ) pas it Robert Fleck back from Chelski for maybe 1.5 - 2m We never reaped the rewards of that sale truely !I think Chase invested in the land around Carrow and also our training / youth acadamy, although a lot of cash ( from the fans Pov) did go missing !

[quote user="lappinitup"]

He seems to have gone missing Tilly. I''m getting very concerned now, first it was Tangy and now Beauseant! Is the committee being knocked off one at a time? [:^)] I hope they''re all right! [U]

[/quote]

Could this be the result of a coups d''état....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

He seems to have gone missing Tilly. I''m getting very concerned now, first it was Tangy and now Beauseant! Is the committee being knocked off one at a time? [:^)] I hope they''re all right! [U]

[/quote]

[/quote]Seems there''s a cunning plot afoot to bump off the whole committee. Someone had better warn the Butler.....I''d miss him and his jokes! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Seems there''s a cunning plot afoot to bump off the whole committee. Someone had better warn the Butler.....I''d miss him and his jokes! [:D][/quote]Muhahahaha, all part of my plot for NCISA domination (Sits in big leather chair stroking a pussy).Soon when I am in charge I shall have the power to, errrrrr, appear on Anglia news and be badgered by the Edwards clan.[;)]