Sign in to follow this  
Hog

New Signing!

Sorry, nothing to announce, just wanted opinions...

If we could bring in a realistic star signing who would have a Hucks style impact on the club and help us into the PremierLeague, who would it be.

But remember, realistic...

Nico Kranjcar, good player who''s star has faded recently. Unwanted at Tottenham at the moment and would be avaliable on loan. Seems unlikely we could get him, but it seemed that way with Hucks.

It''s very hard to judge though, as before Norwich brought Huckerby in on loan people weren''t taking him too seriously anymore. Not deemed good enough for an average Man City team, seen as past his best and unfit. Luckily for us this all turned out to be untrue.

(no offence intended in this post, just this was the general opinion that seemed to be going around at the time, and is still what non-Norwich fans might say)

[quote user="?"]swp from mancity on loan don''t think he plays much anymore.

How about his brother from Plymouth, could be worth a shot

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Niko Kranjar & SWP! Are you lot on drugs!!! Absolutely no chance not in a million years! Can i have some, pretty please?[/quote]I have no doubt it would be pretty much impossible, but who would have thought getting Huckerby was possible. Also looking at Premier League squads there really aren''t any directly comparable players. I used the criteria of being late 20s/early 30s, once highly regarded but career has stalled and surplus to requirements at a Premier League club. If you can find someone who might match that I would be interested to hear it. I guess it goes to show that maybe Premier League squads aren''t quite as bloated as they use to be.

I''ve heard we''re exchanging Nelson for SwP with Man City as we need a winger.

Also heard that Kranjcar is currently being smothered into a tractor, and in the process of signing a 5 year deal with the club.

The final player we''re interested in is Earnshaw, who will come in on a half season loan.

Sauce: Reggae Reggae!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Sorry, nothing to announce, just wanted opinions...

If we could bring in a realistic star signing who would have a Hucks style impact on the club and help us into the PremierLeague, who would it be.

But remember, realistic...

[/quote]I think it''s more realistic to presume that Lambert will be looking to bring in young, hungry players (probably from lower leagues) than some ailing Premiership "star" who just wants to sit on his ass and pick up his wage packet.Sibierski anyone? What a joke.If we did get anyone from the prem, I would assume a loan is the more likely option. Nile Ranger from Newcastle and Nathan Delfounso from Villa are both names that have been linked in the past. I would love to have either of them here as cover for Holt.I''d also be keen on Ryan Harley from Exeter (who has also been linked in the press before)

Jason Roberts? Started against Bolton at the weekend but was only his 4th start of the season (+4 sub) and whoever replaces Big Sam is bound to be given a few quid so he''s likely to find himself even further down the pecking order. At 32 or 33 he''s going to want to play games.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Why would Delfounso or Ranger prefer to sit on our bench rather than at their own clubs ?[/quote]That''s a good point Marv!I don''t think there''s a problem with playing another "big man" up front with Holt.One of Holt''s most beneficial of assets is the ability to drift out wide, bring other people into play and get on the end of things from set pieces. As such, I don''t think it really matters if he plays with the traditional pacey striker or "little man", ya know?After all, Chris Martin isn''t blessed with blistering pace nor is he particularly little and those two have been excellent together.To have one of the aforementioned would give us cover when Holt isn''t able to play and, of course, add another element to our attack in general. Having said all of that, I know what you mean and actually think a striker from the lower leagues is more of a possibility (or maybe not one at all!)

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Jason Roberts? Started against Bolton at the weekend but was only his 4th start of the season (+4 sub) and whoever replaces Big Sam is bound to be given a few quid so he''s likely to find himself even further down the pecking order. At 32 or 33 he''s going to want to play games.[/quote]

he would be perfect

If Wolves dont put him back in the 25, Michael Kightly would be great. Also Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield would be great upfront.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Ive heard Tevez isnt happy, Tevez anyone?[/quote]

I''ve told you before, definitely no hobbits !

Kightly was gonna be my suggestion.

Him on the right, Surman left & Lansbury and Crofts in the middle would be an immense little midfield.