Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Hucks Meets Nigel Worthington on www.dh6.co.uk

Oh no, save the kids, save the woman, cos no kid or woman has ever seen a swear word. Jeez, this is 2010, not 1950.

Interesting debate and as somebody who did feel that it was time for Worthy to leave the club but was against the campaign, I will add my brief views.I seemed to me that NCISA were behind the Worthy out campaign (not behind it as in created or ''ran'' it, but approved of the campaign if you like), that''s certainly an impression given off at the time and lets face it, if they disapproved  then something would have been said.I felt it was time for Worthy to leave because I felt that in the position we were in, a squad recently relegated from the Premiership, VERY little money spent and parachute payments still coming in that we should be doing everything that we could to get straight back to the Premiership and that didn''t look like happening, we needed to try and bring in a manager with a good track record to help us do so as thing seemed to have stagnated under Worthy.However, were it not for the inappropriate and sometimes vile Worthy out campaign, there is a very good possibility that this wouldn''t have been the case. There is no doubt whatsoever that were it not for these ''protests'' that performances and results would have been better, who knows what the side would have achieved. Playoffs? Very possibly given our league positions under toxic conditions. What Huckerby said is very true, fans were waiting for the team to lose.Now the protests should have been aimed in the direction of Neil Doncaster, he is responsible for our relegation from the Premier League, he is responsible for our failure to regain our place in the Premier League, he is partly responsible for our relegation to League 1. He is the one who gave players these stupid contracts allowing them to leave the club on the cheap with no notice.When Worthy was sacked I was pleased that he had gone so that the club could move forward, I was also very grateful for what he had done for the club, he brought some VERY good times to Carrow Road. This is when we needed to bring in a top manager. Hiring Grant was shocking. Absolutely shocking. A club in our position at the time should have been able to attract a very good manager capable of taking us in the right direction. Grant was a very poor manager for us, nobody can deny that and I have huge respect for the bloke for admitting that he was out of his depth and walking away. But nobody can blame Worthy for how badly Grant performed, he bought in a large number of his own players and we all know what happened there. If you want to blame anybody for Grant''s performance as manager, there than the man himself, it would probably have to be the Worthy out campaigners who had made Carrow Road an unpleasant place to be and forced out a manager who the players probably wanted to stay, possibly demoralising them.

Tilly - What do you want me to say about Peter Wolsey. We both listen to him every year. I don''t go to listen to him, I go to hear what the club has to say to the Shareholders. So he went to St Andrews Hall and stated that Worthy needed backing and not sacking. A sentiment I very much agreed with. Good on him! Why don''t you look back on this message board and see what was being said about him afterwards! You see there''s the rub, all say that people with an alternative view should go and say their piece and I know that you would let them have their say. But the people in that hall aren''t all like you are they Tilly? Look how this thread has degenerated since MTV started dishing it out.

I have never said Cureton replace Ashton so I don''t know where you get that from. And the fact that you, like MTV, find some way of blaming Worthy for what happened in the years after he went is not just laughable, it''s ridiculous. But then I expect nothing less when you realise that for MTV the turning point on Worthy was in December 2001 and he just waited 4 years to say something. Again too ridiculous to be called laughable.

Now MTV, after your latest rant to me I''m not surprised the thread has taken the turn it has. Read what I am posting here and digest it :-

I am no keyboard warrior and I say what I think to anyone. The discussions I have with Tilly and The Butler on here could just as easily be in the pub or at the AGM or outside Carrow Road. I have given no abuse to anyone with a different view to me. I had discussions with many people who wanted Worthy out in the Barclay over that year and none of them ever reacted in the way you do.

At no time did I say you were part of anything.

Just because you believe campaigns and protest are the answer to everything I don''t. So why would I start a campaign to keep Worthy?

At no time have I ever said NISCA backed your campaign, physically,verbally, neither behind the scenes or in public, or that they did anything finacially or in any other way to back or support the campaign. If anything I pointed out they had their own "campaign" for want of a better word. All I ever said was that in my opinion NCISA were fully behind the Worthy Out campaign. I did not say they instigated it. I said they were fully behind it.

Are you seriously telling me that despite the committee calling for Worthy to go, despite Blowers statements about peril if the board didn''t act, despite arranging a meeting at St Andrews Hall NCISA secretly wanted Worthy to remain?

Worthy''s side played superbly early in 2006 season. Wonderful football with the ball on the deck. We unluckily lost at Leeds before beating Preston 2-0, Luton 3-2, we then drew at Derby before winning at Torquay in the Cup and beating Barnsley 5-1. We went into the international break sitting 2nd in the League. We then lost at Coventry before drawing 3-3 at Southend in what was a cracking football match. The football was so good the travelling fans were singing "It''s like watching Brazil". But because Southend got back to draw 3-3 the fans who were waiting for us to lose started with Worthy Out again. By this time Hucks was injured and we lost to Palace, beat Rotherham away in the cup lost to Plymouth and the rest is history. So there you have it, 3 games after the fans said it was like watching Brazil and Worthy was out. So don''t tell me Worthy''s teams didn''t play football.

One question MTV - Do you think your battle for the clubs very future was won?

Great post JTG and thank you for getting the thread back on course[Y]

FAO Nutty,

I should have said Earnshaw was replaced by Cureton in your little tirade about Grant decimating the quality of the squad on another thread but you knew damn well what i was on about so you are splitting hairs.You went on about Russell for Etuhu so come off it you are just trying to be clever and yet again play with words.

You are amazing? unbelievable and to a point verging on the ridcolous!!! Now let me explain before you go into one, that is my opinion based on your posts and reactions to mine!

How on earth can you blame me because so little foul mouthed idiot comes on here and lets fire with stupid abuse?

Please please explain how you can come to that conclusion!!!! (I must admit I am now struggling to hold my temper here!)

You have evaded, avoided every relevant point that has been put to you over this entire thread, You have changed you position to suit your arguement.

You point the finger at everyone for their actions but never once have you accepted your lack of action is just as relevant.

You said.......... "I think protest is the answer to everything"....... How? why? where did I say or even suggest it was/is.

How do you know that? the fatal flaw in your entire arguement is you ''assume'' and when you ''assume'' anything you make an ''ass'' out of ''u'' and ''me''

It really is pointless trying to discuss anything with you because your self righthousness is only beaten by your paranoria. I must admit you are unique and not in a good way!

I am done with this thread mainly because it is pointless talking to a brick wall who makes things up as he goes along but it is also attracting another idiot like ''cib'' who who not have the balls to say to my face what he dares to write from the safety of his pc.

Thats me done and its a good reminder to me as to why I dont post tomuch on here.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your motivations MTV. It was a controversial thing to do, and most people would have walked away from a conversation like this 4 years down the line. You obviously believe in your position.

However, I''d take failure to promote over failure to stay in the league any day, as I''m sure you would.

Good luck to you and yours, and let''s hope you won''t feel action neccesary again in future.

[quote user="mtv"]You are amazing? unbelievable and to a point verging on the ridcolous!!! Now let me explain before you go into one, that is my opinion based on your posts and reactions to mine! How on earth can you blame me because so little foul mouthed idiot comes on here and lets fire with stupid abuse? Please please explain how you can come to that conclusion!!!! (I must admit I am now struggling to hold my temper here!) You have evaded, avoided every relevant point that has been put to you over this entire thread, You have changed you position to suit your arguement. You point the finger at everyone for their actions but never once have you accepted your lack of action is just as relevant. You said.......... "I think protest is the answer to everything"....... How? why? where did I say or even suggest it was/is. How do you know that? the fatal flaw in your entire arguement is you ''assume'' and when you ''assume'' anything you make an ''ass'' out of ''u'' and ''me'' It really is pointless trying to discuss anything with you because your self righthousness is only beaten by your paranoria. I must admit you are unique and not in a good way! I am done with this thread mainly because it is pointless talking to a brick wall who makes things up as he goes along but it is also attracting another idiot like ''cib'' who who not have the balls to say to my face what he dares to write from the safety of his pc. Thats me done and its a good reminder to me as to why I dont post tomuch on here.[/quote]

You have tried your best with him mtv but don''t you just know that when he has finished with his bingo tonight he will be back because the last word must be his.Like you i am really not coming back to this thread but i suspect that around midnight we will be subjected to extreme provocation by Nutty.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="mtv"]You are amazing? unbelievable and to a point verging on the ridcolous!!! Now let me explain before you go into one, that is my opinion based on your posts and reactions to mine! How on earth can you blame me because so little foul mouthed idiot comes on here and lets fire with stupid abuse? Please please explain how you can come to that conclusion!!!! (I must admit I am now struggling to hold my temper here!) You have evaded, avoided every relevant point that has been put to you over this entire thread, You have changed you position to suit your arguement. You point the finger at everyone for their actions but never once have you accepted your lack of action is just as relevant. You said.......... "I think protest is the answer to everything"....... How? why? where did I say or even suggest it was/is. How do you know that? the fatal flaw in your entire arguement is you ''assume'' and when you ''assume'' anything you make an ''ass'' out of ''u'' and ''me'' It really is pointless trying to discuss anything with you because your self righthousness is only beaten by your paranoria. I must admit you are unique and not in a good way! I am done with this thread mainly because it is pointless talking to a brick wall who makes things up as he goes along but it is also attracting another idiot like ''cib'' who who not have the balls to say to my face what he dares to write from the safety of his pc. Thats me done and its a good reminder to me as to why I dont post tomuch on here.[/quote]

You have tried your best with him mtv but don''t you just know that when he has finished with his bingo tonight he will be back because the last word must be his.Like you i am really not coming back to this thread but i suspect that around midnight we will be subjected to extreme provocation by Nutty.

[/quote]I have seen no such ''extreme provocation'' from Nutty thus far and don''t understand where you''re coming from. So far from Nutty I''ve seen reasoned debate, a debate which you and MTV appear to be losing.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Some people assumed that anyone would be better than Worthington... Remind me how that panned out for us?[/quote]

You have been given the night off from behind the bar and been placed on putta watch i assume?

"You have been given the night off from behind the bar and been placed on putta watch i assume?

"

And there was me thinking you''d have an answer that was relevant to the question Tilly old son !

TILLY OUT !

Oh....

8.11pm........

[quote user="TIL 1010"] Like you i am really not coming back to this thread.......

[/quote]8.31pm........

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You have been given the night off from behind the bar and been placed on putta watch i assume?

[/quote]Well! That didn''t last long Tilly. [*-)]

Yesterday afternoon from Til." I shall not be back on this thread so your response which will come as sure as night follows day will be wasted on me."Cant you guys just agree to disagree?! Looks like both sides are bashing their heads against brick walls. For my money, it was time for Worthy to go. But the vitriol and anger displayed in the Worthy out campaign was frankly an embarassment, not that it matters who started it or was behind it. I shall not forget the scenes in the Barclay when we went 2-0 down to QPR in a hurry (Funny that we went on to win that game 3-2)

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Cant you guys just agree to disagree?! Looks like both sides are bashing their heads against brick walls.

[/quote]

Not until they get to page 24 of the thread [:)]

Of course we can agree to disagree Angel and Trent. We do all the time. Tilly, The Butler and I can share a pint and  can live with eachothers view about Worthy. But that''s not what this thread is about. My beef with Tilly and The Butler on this thread is the barefaced attempts to re-write history. Any sane person would look at the facts and shake their head in disbelief at their claims. But I''ll still give it one more go :-

October 2005 NCISA Committee voted to call for a change of manager.

December 2005 Roy Blower made that statement publicly calling for a change of manager threatening peril if the board didn''t act.

March 2006 NCISA organised the meeting at St Andrews Hall.

December 2010 The Butler and Tilly claim that NCISA had nothing to do with getting Worthy out! Someone please explain to me how that works.

MTV - You don''t need to worry about me "going in to one" because I don''t do that. I have the patience of Job. I haven''t changed my opinion or what I have written at all on this thread. In fact I have copied and pasted the same points over and over and each time you answer with something totally irrelevant.

I posted, as did Hucks about actions of a small amount of fans being a disgrace. I posted that in my view the personal campaign aimed at Worthy was a disgrace. Nobody posted anything about you. You decided yourself that these comments were aimed at you.

This must be the tenth time I have poosted the following exact words - In my opinion NCISA were fully behind the Worthy Out campaign. I did not say they instigated it. I said they were fully behind it.

What are you going to read into them this time?

I seriously do think you have anger issues MTV and if you are going to continually rant in my direction I''m not sorry that you aren''t coming back. As you will no doubt have gathered I will not rant to anyone on a message board. But I will continue to post my opinion whether folk like it or not.

December 2010 The Butler and Tilly claim that NCISA had nothing to do with getting Worthy out! Someone please explain to me how that works.

Can''t find that post anywhere.

What I have said is NCISA, to the best of my knowledge DID NOT BACK the "Worthy out" campaign.

Now the fact that NCISA wanted him out, and stated it, probably agreed with many many thousands of City supporters.That''s what a supporters group is supposed to do "represent it''s members". 

EDP printed it are you going to accuse Archant.

It was reported and commented  on the BBC and ITV are they complicit as well?

At NO TIME did NCISA advocated protest marches,abuse shouting, demonstartions outside Carrow road or any other of the, what was it Worthy said "Kids..." 

Yet you still say NCISA backed the campaign, despite other posters assuring you NCISA DID NOT.

Your veiled implications are that NCISA supported that behavior.

I was not a member of NCISA at the time and I wanted Worthy dismissed (as he was never going on his own) Am I equally responsible for the irresponsible actions of others?

As an example there are many students against the new level of tuition fees and have stated so publicly,are they responsible for the people who rioted the other day?

It is obvious that you need something or someone to kick against in your frustration at how your "idol" was treated (in your eyes). The fixation to make it NCISA, as the only possible tangible thing you can find, is ok as long as we all understand that is what it is.

Sorry Butler but that just doesn''t wash with me. Dec 2005 an official NCISA statement from Roy Blower said this :-

Blower also said it was important that fans who voiced their disapproval at Derby on Saturday did not turn their attentions to the club''s majority shareholders, Delia Smith and her husband Michael Wynn Jones.

“That would be a sad day for the football club because we will always be indebted to them,” he added.

NCISA, with more than 500 members, is the biggest of the club''s supporters'' organisations and has representation on the Supporters Consultative Group which gives it close links to the club.

And Blower warned that the club should not dismiss the statement out of hand.

“If they don''t take notice they live with the peril that could bring - it is time to act.”

I have made no veiled accustations. I have posted the exact same words 10 times already but I''ll do it for the 11th time : -

In my opinion NCISA were fully behind the Worthy Out campaign. I did not say they instigated it. I said they were fully behind it.

Why do you keep denying this? If my opinion is wrong tell me why.

By definition someone''s personal opinion is neither right or wrong, it is their opinion. If I say "In my opinion the band Oasis are crap" then that is my opinion, you may disagree with it, but it doesn''t make my opinion wrong, or yours right, just different.Now facts can be right or wrong, but simply no one knows exactly what went on in peoples heads all that time ago.And you can very easily read that statement by Roy Blower and put any amount of your own spin on it to make it reflect your own opinions."Time for action" can mean either its time for the board to take some action, whether it be back the manager financially, or remove him from his position if you do not consider him fit for purpose anymore. Or it could quite easily mean "Start a nasty personal campaign, complete with placards and protests"It just depends how you want to spin it in your own head really.[:)]

Quite true Morty. And anybody who said those words meant "Start a nasty personal campaign, complete with placards and protests" would in my view be wrong. But I don''t see how anyone can argue with the statement that Butler, Tilly and MTV seem to have so much trouble with : -

In my opinion NCISA were fully behind the Worthy Out campaign. I did not say they instigated it. I said they were fully behind it.

If my opinion is wrong, and I fully accept that it could be, then would soneone please explain to me where I have it wrong.

[quote user="morty"]I give up.
[/quote]

[:D] I wonder if Hucks is still reading this thread?

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="morty"]I give up.[/quote]

[:D] I wonder if Hucks is still reading this thread?

[/quote]Lol, hope not.

Why is it that every other thread on this board lately turns into a p*ssing contest between the usual suspects?Very dull indeed.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Quite true Morty. And anybody who said those words meant "Start a nasty personal campaign, complete with placards and protests" would in my view be wrong. But I don''t see how anyone can argue with the statement that Butler, Tilly and MTV seem to have so much trouble with : -

If my opinion is wrong, and I fully accept that it could be, then would soneone please explain to me where I have it wrong.

[/quote]

[:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#][:@][:@][:#][:#]

[/quote]   [U][U][W][W][U][U][W][W][U][U][W][W][U][U][W][W][U][U][W][W][U][U][W][W][U][U][W][W][U][U][W][W][U][U][W][W]

[{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}][{][}]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Sorry Butler but that just doesn''t wash with me. Dec 2005 an official NCISA statement from Roy Blower said this :-

Blower also said it was important that fans who voiced their disapproval at Derby on Saturday did not turn their attentions to the club''s majority shareholders, Delia Smith and her husband Michael Wynn Jones.

“That would be a sad day for the football club because we will always be indebted to them,” he added.

NCISA, with more than 500 members, is the biggest of the club''s supporters'' organisations and has representation on the Supporters Consultative Group which gives it close links to the club.

And Blower warned that the club should not dismiss the statement out of hand.

“If they don''t take notice they live with the peril that could bring - it is time to act.”

I have made no veiled accustations. I have posted the exact same words 10 times already but I''ll do it for the 11th time : -

Why do you keep denying this? If my opinion is wrong tell me why.

[/quote]

I keep telling you but you don''t listen OR DON''T WANT TO

Head Bang OUCH Fnish

[quote user="morty"]By definition someone''s personal opinion is neither right or wrong, it is their opinion. If I say "In my opinion the band Oasis are crap" then that is my opinion, you may disagree with it, but it doesn''t make my opinion wrong, or yours right, just different.[/quote]Actually, this is 100% correct.