Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Hucks Meets Nigel Worthington on www.dh6.co.uk

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="morty"]Nutty, you really are so polarised towards your own point of view that you can''t see anyone elses.

The way I remember it is that every single person I knew agreed it was time for Worthington to go, and he should have gone earlier, the majority held this opinion regardless of whether or not they supported the campaign.

And it was patently obvious that he had lost the dressing room towards the end.

It is only with hindsight that everyone realised where the rest of the problems were ie Mumby and Doncaster.
[/quote]

Morty that post I quoted was made in 2006, how can you say that''s hindsight? It amazes me how people are now surprised to find out those things, whenh they were reported at the time!

[/quote]

Jeeezzuuss this from the man who accuses people of not reading his posts properly and telling them to read again.

I certainly did not read Morty,s comment with regard to hindsight as being in reference to the Nutmeister''s post but with regard to Doomcaster and Munby.

For Christ sake Nutty take your blinkers off.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Hucks, if you are reading this mate, you have opened up a can of worms for sure![/quote]

Haha you''re not wrong Jas :)

[quote user="The Butler"]http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=21960[/quote]"The final game of the season was against Wolves with just pride and

seventh place to play for. The pride element looked as though Norwich

City had left it in the dressing room. The inevitable defeat summed up

one of the most appalling seasons in living memory."
Though with hindsight, I preferred this season to the three that followed it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Is this thread worth opening up old scars? What''s done is done.
[/quote]

The answer lays with the person who has made 20 posts on this thread.I got angry when way back on page two i read about petitions stickers and marches because up until now i always thought this certain poster laid the blame for Worthington''s demise firmly at the door of NCISA and the St Andrews Hall rebel rousing meeting.( that is what he would call it).As NCISA played no part in petitions,stickers and marches the irony of what he is now running on painfully about is not lost on me.

Silly Sausage you are right that what is done is done but it is such a shame that a certain somebody just keeps the pot boiling by trying to convince one and all that there is just his perspective that is correct and the only one that counts.

[/quote]

And as ever here''s the post that makes it a personal issue about me. It had to come and it had to be Tilly.

What''s the point of being on this thread if you have no wish to discuss the issues arising from his interview?

[/quote]

I would discuss it but what is the point when you will not take on board that other posters may come from a different angle than yourself.Why would you post 20 ruddy times in what was 6 pages if you were prepared to accept other posters see it in a way different to you.

I have kept off this thread on purpose and just smirked to myself that you just cannot help yourself whenever Worthington pops up and now having posted 20 times without me posting once you now have the nerve to say i am making it personal.

Now then while i am here how come you are laying off NCISA being the ringleaders for Worthy''s demise and run on about stickers,petitions and marches and point your gun in mtv''s direction? On previous threads which you have done to death it has always been NCISA NCISA NCISA coming out of your keyboard.

Secondly i just love your take that it was not the majority who wanted Worthy out and a change.Correct me if i am wrong but did not 7,000 boo his team off at Fulham and at least 12,000 to 15,000 boo and chant at the end of the televised game v Burnley.

Go on spoil yourself and answer.

that was the whole Hucks Meets, my point of view is Nigel had to go when he did( even he said he couldn''t turn the fans round) but if he''d have stayed we''d have never ever have gone down, Nigel Knew we needed a Target man, i love Dion to bits,but to expect him to do what he did when he was 28 was impossible, he wouldn''t have been Nigel''s,1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice it was amazing he could play at that level at 36+ ,the start of the season when he left we we''re a goalkeeper and target man away from being a very good team ,we got neither! I''m not biased at all,I''ve got alot of respect for Nigel but these were your Questions not mine!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Butler"]http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=21960[/quote]

"The final game of the season was against Wolves with just pride and seventh place to play for. The pride element looked as though Norwich City had left it in the dressing room. The inevitable defeat summed up one of the most appalling seasons in living memory."

[/quote]

Come on then Nutty just ignore Mr.C and his hindsight sarcasm and comment on the first three sentences.

[quote user="hucks"]that was the whole Hucks Meets, my point of view is Nigel had to go when he did( even he said he couldn''t turn the fans round) but if he''d have stayed we''d have never ever have gone down, Nigel Knew we needed a Target man, i love Dion to bits,but to expect him to do what he did when he was 28 was impossible, he wouldn''t have been Nigel''s,1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice it was amazing he could play at that level at 36+ ,the start of the season when he left we we''re a goalkeeper and target man away from being a very good team ,we got neither! I''m not biased at all,I''ve got alot of respect for Nigel but these were your Questions not mine![/quote]Its not so much stirred up new debate, more rekindled arguments that have been running on here for years now!I have a lot of respect for Worthy, he comes across as very dignified and honest, but I would really love to hear Mr Doncaster''s side of the story, not because I disbelieve what Nigel has said, but just to hear the whole story of what exactly went on behind closed boardroom doors in those dark days.

"I agree MTV. But let me just point out that I haven''t given you any b/s. If anything it''s the other way around. As I said to Butler, those Worthy words that you took offence to happened way after all the marches, protests, statements, petitions etc. So saying I skip over facts is a rather pot and kettle - wouldn''t you agree?

I didn''t spit at anyone, I didn''t tell anyone to F... off. I always stated my point of view and those people around be at the back of E-Block will testify to this. Some of them were of the same view as you but we didn''t spit at eachother! We still have the same "seats" now.

After getting rid of Worthy only proved to make things worse the same posters then turned on Delia. I disagreed with those too. And if you want to see how fellow fans are treated poorly look at the comments made to Myra Hawtree on her thread. Myra is a City fan of more years than probably anyone else on this board. She is famous for writing her article on her first away match at Arsenal in 1954. Yet she was rounded on here for daring to speak well of Delia Smith. It''s the same posters everytime and they always seem tyo need to have a scapegoat regardless if it''s logical or not. But they are entitled to their opinion as I am entitled to mine. And through it all, however much you may not like it, I will carry on giving my opinion and I will carry on backing that opinion up with the reasons I have formed it. And in no cases will this include b/s, spittingn or telling others to f... off. I am happy to debate the present, future or history of our club with anyone. None of the things you''re complaining about could be attributed to me which rather makes me think you are not happy to do the same."

Nigel, I dont normally post much on here, as you can tell by my post count, So I dont know of your history on here but I don''t know why you feel the need to keep saying that these things that occured were nothing to do with you? I never said they were, I was just explaining why I had enough of campaigning after Worthington left. That was an issue of some fun to you in a previous post. I thought your poking fun at my ''tiredness'' of going after Doncaster was an unfair comment so I was just elaborating on my experiences during the whole affair.

As others have pointed out, you seem to be trying to make it all about you. Infact it has nothing to do with you at all, but it is just about giving a counter opinion to yours.

What on earth makes you think I wont debate this issue with you? Just what have I been doing in this thread?

I dont expect us to agree but Try and debate the issues and not keep turning into you you you.

As for the Sheffield Wednesday saga, it did happen and if I search around I can find out when but I just dont have the time nor inclination to do it and unfortunately my photographic memory has gone and let me down.......................

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Butler"]http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=21960[/quote]"The final game of the season was against Wolves with just pride and seventh place to play for. The pride element looked as though Norwich City had left it in the dressing room. The inevitable defeat summed up one of the most appalling seasons in living memory."

[/quote]

Come on then Nutty just ignore Mr.C and his hindsight sarcasm and comment on the first three sentences.

[/quote]There''s no sarcasm here, Tilly.  I quoted from the article Butler posted and gave my view.  If the author of this piece really thinks it was one of the "most appalling seasons in living memory", he or she can only be five years old and/or has forgotten the football under Rioch, Walker mk 2, Hamilton... and with hindsight, was it worse than the football under Roeder, or Grant?  No, it wasn''t.

Might have been but I do remember he got an improved contract out of it!

He said the usual ''I''m flattered to be mention with such a big club''

[quote user="hucksdh6.co.uk"]that was the whole Hucks Meets, my point of view is Nigel had to go when he did( even he said he couldn''t turn the fans round) but if he''d have stayed we''d have never ever have gone down, Nigel Knew we needed a Target man, i love Dion to bits,but to expect him to do what he did when he was 28 was impossible, he wouldn''t have been Nigel''s,1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice it was amazing he could play at that level at 36+ ,the start of the season when he left we we''re a goalkeeper and target man away from being a very good team ,we got neither! I''m not biased at all,I''ve got alot of respect for Nigel but these were your Questions not mine![/quote]

Ok I retract the bias bit and yes you only asked the questions posted.

The problem is that some people take it as handed down on tablets of stone and although I have great respect for both yourself and Nigel I am in no danger of thinking either of you is the second coming[;)](well off the field)

As Tilly says it has been VERY convenient to blame NCISA even when other people have taken responsibilty, even you believed that myth.

With support from,dare I say the board, things may have taken a different turn but the last few years have thrown up several scape goats.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Butler"]http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=21960[/quote]

"The final game of the season was against Wolves with just pride and seventh place to play for. The pride element looked as though Norwich City had left it in the dressing room. The inevitable defeat summed up one of the most appalling seasons in living memory."

[/quote]

[/quote]

There''s no sarcasm here, Tilly.  I quoted from the article Butler posted and gave my view.  If the author of this piece really thinks it was one of the "most appalling seasons in living memory", he or she can only be five years old and/or has forgotten the football under Rioch, Walker mk 2, Hamilton... and with hindsight, was it worse than the football under Roeder, or Grant?  No, it wasn''t.

[/quote]

I didn''t agree with all the article Mr C.  I can remember several more dire seasons.

It was more some of the counter points made and as that was written at the time was much "fresher" than my bad memory.

It was an opinion expressed just as most of what is being said now is pure opinion.

Unless we can get all those involved together, under the floodlights, we will only ever get individuals versions.

I can confirm, to the best on my knowledge, there were no Ncisa involvement in the running of the Worthy out campaign, in fact just the opposite, I think we used them. When they called a supporters meeting, we used that to advertise the first protest march.They had the TV and Edp etc so we just hitched a lift on their back.

And in all my points on here I have always said it was just my opinion or my take on how things happened.

[quote user="mtv"]Might have been but I do remember he got an improved contract out of it!

He said the usual ''I''m flattered to be mention with such a big club''[/quote]MTV, I''m intrigued - how do you feel about Iwan Roberts? Talismanic centre forward? A hulk of a man who bled yellow & green?

Superb interview as we''ve already come to expect. I must hold my hands up and admit it has changed my view on Worthy''s reign. I''d always assumed Worthy had got everyone he wanted for a crack at the Prem when the season kicked off. To learn he was after Ashton from the early summer and the board had knocked him back changes a lot in my view. Still think Malky was a mistake but hindsight is a wonderful thing. He had a good track record signing the right player for the right price, the board should have trusted him.I did think his time was up in the final weeks and that it was time to step aside, but it was to do with the poisonous atmosphere inside Carrow Road, not any dislike for Worthy as a man or a manager.

Hucks, it''s a good thing that your interview has created this discussion. Hopefully it has showed that Worthy was a gentleman, and had targets in place which unfortunately we could not meet/board refused to meet.

However, not sure if you will agree, but I think we are setting ourselves up for another great push, not is year, but maybe in a couple of years time. It seems we are getting it right off the pitch, and I truly believe once we get a strong enough squad, this board we have today will make the correct decisions to see Norwich City push forward. I understand when people say they hope we don''t get promoted, but come on let''s face it, we all want Norwich to be playing in the Premiership. They were magical times...

"MTV, I''m intrigued - how do you feel about Iwan Roberts? Talismanic centre forward? A hulk of a man who bled yellow & green?"

Erm Why?

[quote user="Back after the break"]From memory the "Sheffield Wednesday saga" dated back to Christmas time in the play off season - around the time when we did Wednesday 5-0 at Hillsborough.[/quote]

This is my memory of it too, which is why I asked the question.

[quote user="mtv"]

I remember a turning point for me (just one of a few!) was when he openly courted the Sheffield Wednesday job to put pressure on the board to improve his contract. Now I''m not saying it''s wrong to want more money but it does show him in a much clearer light.

[/quote]

So can we assume that you all kept schtum about this turning point throughout that season and the play-offs, and throughout the next season when we spent many weeks in the top six before finishing 8th, and throughout the next season when we won the Championship by a mile, and throughout the next season when we got relegated on the last day at Fulham, but finally realised that was the turning point some four years later when we were only mid table in the champs! And you reckon folk post B/S!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Now then while i am here how come you are laying off NCISA being the ringleaders for Worthy''s demise and run on about stickers,petitions and marches and point your gun in mtv''s direction? On previous threads which you have done to death it has always been NCISA NCISA NCISA coming out of your keyboard.

Secondly i just love your take that it was not the majority who wanted Worthy out and a change.Correct me if i am wrong but did not 7,000 boo his team off at Fulham and at least 12,000 to 15,000 boo and chant at the end of the televised game v Burnley.

[/quote]

Ok I''ll answer. Firstly the NCISA Committee voted in favour of calling for a change in manager 12 months before the Burnley game. This is a matter of record from Roy Blower who was Chairman at that time. I believe you were on the committee then Tilly so you can probably confirm it. The following year saw a disgraceful and personal campaign to get rid of one of our clubs greatest managers and culmulated with the Burnley game by which time Worthy had lost the fans and many of them wanted him gone. The majority? I still doubt it but we will never know. But as Munby said, and he did call some things right, they acted quickly when they sacked Roeder because they''d learnt their lesson that a manager can''t carry on after he''d lost the fans. But he certainly had not lost the fans in October 05 when NCISA voted in favour of calling for a change of manager or when the Worty Out stuff started.

Now I have a question for you, MTV and The Butler - Do you believe those Worthy protests helped the club or hindered it? After all we all want what''s best for the club don''t we?

You see there were a fair few others (not just me) who felt had everyone got behind Worthy and protested for a target man back in the summer of 2006 instead of protesting for a change of manager we may well have been promoted that season. We certainly had a squad good enough, the keeper was an issue but we did have Lee Camp on loan so it was being addressed.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Back after the break"]From memory the "Sheffield Wednesday saga" dated back to Christmas time in the play off season - around the time when we did Wednesday 5-0 at Hillsborough.[/quote]

This is my memory of it too, which is why I asked the question.

[quote user="mtv"]

I remember a turning point for me (just one of a few!) was when he openly courted the Sheffield Wednesday job to put pressure on the board to improve his contract. Now I''m not saying it''s wrong to want more money but it does show him in a much clearer light.

[/quote]

So can we assume that you all kept schtum about this turning point throughout that season and the play-offs, and throughout the next season when we spent many weeks in the top six before finishing 8th, and throughout the next season when we won the Championship by a mile, and throughout the next season when we got relegated on the last day at Fulham, but finally realised that was the turning point some four years later when we were only mid table in the champs! And you reckon folk post B/S!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Ok I''ll answer. Firstly the NCISA Committee voted in favour of calling for a change in manager 12 months before the Burnley game. This is a matter of record from Roy Blower who was Chairman at that time. I believe you were on the committee then Tilly so you can probably confirm it. The following year saw a disgraceful and personal campaign to get rid of one of our clubs greatest managers and culmulated with the Burnley game by which time Worthy had lost the fans and many of them wanted him gone. The majority? I still doubt it but we will never know. But as Munby said, and he did call some things right, they acted quickly when they sacked Roeder because they''d learnt their lesson that a manager can''t carry on after he''d lost the fans. But he certainly had not lost the fans in October 05 when NCISA voted in favour of calling for a change of manager or when the Worty Out stuff started.

Now I have a question for you, MTV and The Butler - Do you believe those Worthy protests helped the club or hindered it? After all we all want what''s best for the club don''t we?

You see there were a fair few others (not just me) who felt had everyone got behind Worthy and protested for a target man back in the summer of 2006 instead of protesting for a change of manager we may well have been promoted that season. We certainly had a squad good enough, the keeper was an issue but we did have Lee Camp on loan so it was being addressed.

[/quote]

I wont attempt to answer the question on the vote, as you say"it is a matter of record", but can you tell me when that vote was publicly announced (to me it shows that the committee had a far advanced and closer contact with the feelings of the fans than you did)

Then to link that vote with the campaign orchestrated by others (two posters have already admitted being behind it) is a VERY tenuous link. No doubt it is better for you to have an entity to rail against than anonymous figures.

I also think it is "on record" that Roy asked the fans to support the team during that time, again can you remember that?

You also want hindsight discussion again. Did anyone (other than Worthy/Board) know that he was stopped from buying? Has this been proved? Have we got an owners statement to that effect?

If that was the case why, if he felt he could not do his job properly because of "outside" interference, did he not do an O''Neil and resign, go public or.......instead he bought The Doc and played him up front!!! What were the fans supposed to make of that?

Finally you ask if protest helps. In my view it should be the VERY VERY VERY last resort when EVERY other attempt and avenue has been used.

Unions have had to resort to "protest" against intransigence for generations. It sometimes helps clarify both sides thinking. I prefer negotiation and discussion personally as it helps to get both sides to an argument. (Which is where I came in!)

Its a shame that once again we have to revisit this in such a bitter way - but I will join in anyway.

The worthy interview is a credit to him and hux and a remarkable insight to some of the most dramatic years in this clubs history.

Most of the longer serving posters  know my views on this,  but for the newer posters I was all for a change in manager,  not because I had a personal problem with Worthy,  who always came across as professional and passionate,  but because I thought that he had run out of ideas and motivation from the resources he did have available to him.   With hindsight perhaps the inability to get his desired target man rubbed off on the squad?  Perhaps the squad knew that despite Worthys public statement that the signing of Lee Croft was all we need to secure a promotion challenge that season he transmitted his disatisafaction at board support to the squad?  We simply will never have answers to these questions.

My reasons for wanting a manager change was that we had decent players that we were not getting the best from,  either in motivation terms or tactically. That was in direct contrast to the champions team where, like now with lamber,  worthy got more from the squad than the sum of their individual capabilities.  That is what a good on form manager does.  I felt that Worthy had lost that and was showing no signs of be able to change that - as very few managers can.  For me his time was well served but up.  That was my opinion and remains unchanged - and as an opinion is open to challenge and I understand those who disagree with that view.  But it does not make it wrong.

A new manager was never going to have instant success in changing our fortunes, but change was needed.  The board made a series of errors too - but performances on the pitch are what matters,  and worthy was failing in getting the players he had performing to their ability - let alone exceeding it. That alone is a reason to change, irrespective of past acheivements  That Grant Roeder & Gunn also failed does not make the delayed decision to part company with Worthy wrong.

The one bit of the interview I disagree with is about the strength of our defence.  Statistically, and so rarely in this discussion a fact,  until we signed hux we were leaking goals per game faster than during any season with worthy as manager. That was with the back four having had seasons together to build an understanding.  Yes we ended up with a remarkably low goals conceeded total for the season,  but that defensive strength came from the front line, not the back 4. 

We have now found a manager who had the same strengths as Worthy and we should revel in it as we did our championship season.  But Lamberts time will also come round.  It is the way of managers and football

"Hucks Meets Nigel Worthington" is one of the most candid football interviews I''ve ever read and I would like to commend Darren for the great piece. I submitted eight great questions to Hucks and he didn''t use any of them, so he''s a better footballer than journalist. *wink*.

To be perfectly fair, the main points of interest for me were covered in other questions, and much light has be cast on the controversial events of recent years.

I always had a bee in my bonnet about Iwan and Malky being shown the door, and it''s been good to read Nigel''s reasoning behind these two decisions. For those that follow Iwan on Twitter, you''ll know he''s been griping at that decision, making the point that Worthington brought in players older than himself. The big fellah obviously felt he had a part to play in the Premiership, but considering, with hindsight, how it didn''t work out for Iwan after Norwich, Worthy probably called it right.

With Malky, I felt he had a stronger case to stay, I did a little googling and as Nutty Nigel posted on another thread, Malky was with us at the beginning of the season. In fact, I found an article in the Guardian three days before the first game against Crystal Palace where the interviewer was describing Mackay as our captain and they were discussing the season ahead.

Eventually Malky was transferred one month after the beginning of the Premiership season, and reading Worthington''s comments in Huck''s interview, to me it comes over as Worthy releasing Mackay, rather than Malky engineering a move.

If this was the case, I think it was a mistake by Nigel because with Iwan going as well, the soul of our promotion-winning team was lost. Perhaps on pure footballing technical performance Worthy feels justified for the decision, but a football team is also bonded by a team spirit and I think we were lacking that throughout our Premiership season.

Anyway, it''s now a footnote in our history and the club, the players, the fans should all move on. Big thanks to Hucks for giving us an insight we would otherwise not have.

Now to really stir it up on the pinkun, Mr. Huckerby, why not interview Andrew and Sharon what''s-their-names, or even that nice Mr. Cullum.

I had the chance to chat to Iwan a short while ago and mentioned I certainly thought he should have got another year. I suspect he has heard that from many a Norwich fan before me, and will continue to hear it...

Even now however, his reaction suggests that he thought he could have served a purpose, "done a job" and that the decision surprised him; with Iwan being the man he is, if he had been offered another contract and had thought that he couldn''t have merited it, he would have said so straight away, rather than let the club-or himself-down.

As for Worthy, well, I agree with the general sentiments on here; for me, this is the best "Hucks Meets" yet, but is also one of the best football interviews of this nature I have ever read. It is candid, honest, informative, and shows a real insight into how the club was working at the time, the type of man and Manager Worthy is, and how he has been mis-represented.

I am quite sure that he will return to club management one day, and, with a club that gives him time and a reasonable budget, he will do very well for them.

I''d like a "Hucks Meets" with Bellars next!

[quote user="The Butler"]

I wont attempt to answer the question on the vote, as you say"it is a matter of record", but can you tell me when that vote was publicly announced (to me it shows that the committee had a far advanced and closer contact with the feelings of the fans than you did)

Then to link that vote with the campaign orchestrated by others (two posters have already admitted being behind it) is a VERY tenuous link. No doubt it is better for you to have an entity to rail against than anonymous figures.

I also think it is "on record" that Roy asked the fans to support the team during that time, again can you remember that?

You also want hindsight discussion again. Did anyone (other than Worthy/Board) know that he was stopped from buying? Has this been proved? Have we got an owners statement to that effect?

If that was the case why, if he felt he could not do his job properly because of "outside" interference, did he not do an O''Neil and resign, go public or.......instead he bought The Doc and played him up front!!! What were the fans supposed to make of that?

Finally you ask if protest helps. In my view it should be the VERY VERY VERY last resort when EVERY other attempt and avenue has been used.

Unions have had to resort to "protest" against intransigence for generations. It sometimes helps clarify both sides thinking. I prefer negotiation and discussion personally as it helps to get both sides to an argument. (Which is where I came in!)

[/quote]

As far as I remember Blowers statement was in the press at around the time of the public meeting at The Andrews. But it wasn''t a secret, was it? It was well known, why would NCISA have organised the meeting at St Andrews Hall? It''s a matter of record that Blower asked that the fans to support Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones at that time.

It was in the press at the time of the protests that the board stopped Worthy buying Ashton, Hulse and Howard. It''s quoted directly in my post from 2006. Do you think I made it up?

I don''t know why Worthy didn''t resign like O''Neill, maybe he was more committed to the club than O''Neill? I always find it incredible that O''Neill is rated as a better manager for us than Worthy. O''Neill stayed a few months, bought a player called Rush, and then walked out. How does that honestly compare to what Worthy achieved?

The fans were more than happy with Doc at the time. And he did well in the FEW games he played up front. I often wonder if any one from here went to any Premiership games apart from Fulham! Who was at Old Trafford, St James''s Park or White Hart Lane earlier in the season? They were great performances and experiences. And as this is a Hucks thread the tackle by Ledley King at Tottenham when he was about to pull the trigger was the best tackle I have ever seen at a game. In fact I have so many great memories from that season and I will not let Fulham destroy them like so many obviously have.

So Finally do you think that we had reached the last resort when the Worthy Out stuff started? Do you think that disgraceful campaign was acceptable? What did you think of that Premiership season? Did you go to any games? What are your memories? And would you recognise that the only reason NCISA came into this thread was at Tilly''s insistence?

NN

So Finally do you think that we had reached the last resort when the Worthy Out stuff started? Do you think that disgraceful campaign was acceptable? What did you think of that Premiership season? Did you go to any games? What are your memories? And would you recognise that the only reason NCISA came into this thread was at Tilly''s insistence?

I was not involved so how can I say who "negotiated" at that time.

Certainly I do not think that NCISA was involved with that "disgraceful campaign" as posters on here have already stated.

Yes Nutty I went to every home game and some away games. My one abiding memory is beating Man U to little to late.The football at times was.........but then if you buy journeymen you get a team with little heart. As you know my opinion of The Doc was a Div1 CB and a worse striker.

I had little time for O''Neill and I have NOT compared him to Worthington although he did go on to achieve quite a lot I believe.

No it was not Tilly but your veiled reference to me about "pressure groups" but don''t let that colour your thoughts.What EVER anyone says you are firmly convinced that NCISA was behind the "Worthy Out" campaign so no matter who says differently you are not going to change your opinion are you?

As often, I find myself agreeing with Zipper. A sane summary. As for the interview, I doubt there is a football manager in history who hasn''t asked for more spending money than it was prudent to give him. And Worthington is a manager who thinks Hull is a good example to follow...

More specifically I notice throughout that interview Worthington is quite happy to slag off the board (and specifically Doncaster) for not giving him enough money over various deals, but there is not one word of praise for backing him over getting Crouch, Huckerby and Harper on loan and then Huckerby permanenetly. Not one word. Indeed in the gospel according to Nigel he did everything and the board did nothing to make the deal happen. No work at all. It is all "me, me, me". I did this, I did that.

Actually coping with the bureaucracy? All the tedious stuff? Finding the money for the wages and the transfer fee? No, I didn''t think so. But this shouldn''t surprise me. I don''t think I''ve ever seen anyone (including posters here) give Doncaster any credit at all for what was a masterful piece of chief executiveship.

"Actually coping with the bureaucracy? All the tedious stuff? Finding the money for the wages and the transfer fee? No,

I didn''t think so. But this shouldn''t surprise me. I don''t think I''ve

ever seen anyone (including posters here) give Doncaster any credit at

all for what was a masterful piece of chief executiveship."But PC, surely you realise that the job of a CEO is to be unseen - to be taken for granted in that role means that you are doing a good job.  I''ve never once heard of a CEO becoming unpopular or popular at another club - but maybe that''s because I don''t pay as much attention to other clubs.  Nobody writes "football CEO" games, maybe they should as most of the manager games are amazingly dull, maybe there''s another layer of dullness waiting to be introduced ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Actually coping with the bureaucracy? All the tedious stuff? Finding the money for the wages and the transfer fee? No,

I didn''t think so. But this shouldn''t surprise me. I don''t think I''ve

ever seen anyone (including posters here) give Doncaster any credit at

all for what was a masterful piece of chief executiveship."But PC, surely you realise that the job of a CEO is to be unseen - to be taken for granted in that role means that you are doing a good job.  I''ve never once heard of a CEO becoming unpopular or popular at another club - but maybe that''s because I don''t pay as much attention to other clubs.  Nobody writes "football CEO" games, maybe they should as most of the manager games are amazingly dull, maybe there''s another layer of dullness waiting to be introduced ?
[/quote]I think it''s because you probably don''t pay much attention to other clubs.  I should imagine if you searched there''s plenty of Chief Exec stories within ''local'' reports.