Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Jackson

Some of the posts I have read on here today are unbelievable. People are saying he is useless and one post even said apart from one game (Bristol) he has been dire.

And all of this has stemmed from his one on one with Ashdown yesterday. Yes the shot was poor but the ball was under his feet and he had no choice but to side foot it with his left foot. Other than that he was involved with almost every attack and was a major threat to their defence and gave them a lot to tbhink about.

Okay he may not be the best finisher but he creates a lot of oppourtunities for himself and others and people need to get off his back.

It is also worth mentioning that he has featured very little recently but people still cast opinions on him in the 5-10 minutes he comes on for which is just unfair.

I think he played like a player that hasn''t been getting starts. If he had a run in the team his touch and confidence would improve.I think this is where we miss being in a decent standard reserve league.

I agree,people forget the chances Holt and Martin miss in some games.Dont get me wrong i think we did miss holt yesterday, however we should give Jackson a chance before people hang him out to dry.

Was Jackson wearing an old pair of Cureton''s boots yesterday?

I feel sympathy for Jackson, he should have scored at least one goal but it wasn''t to be. As the game went on, I felt that it was going to be a ''smash and grab'' by Pompey.....and ''Nobbled by Nugent''.....

We never play to his strength''s so what does everyone expect. I don''t think he''s a bad player. But that one on one was truely awful.

From his goals for his previous club, Jackson used his pace and was good in one-on-one siuations. (In the Championship the former seems less useful, either because defenders are quicker or because they are better organised.

Perhaps he is a little rusty (- it took Holt several weeks to get back to his best,) but he has missed several chances recently, both from failing in one-to-one situations and also from blasting over in eagerness.

As both Holt and Martin are also good creators, I can understand why Jackson is third choice, and with both Holt and Martin not producing last year''s form Jackson is perhaps a luxury we cannot afford.

I suspect that PL''s desired threesome contains a striker. I hope so. All our strikers currently are profiligate with chances - 20 yesterday and not a goal to result. We badly need a striker who can make space for a shot and then shoot accurately.

At the moment we have no striker who is a consistent threat to opposing defences, and I think that Jackson sadly is rightly three out of four in the ranking.

[quote user="Salopian"]From his goals for his previous club, Jackson used his pace and was good in one-on-one siuations. (In the Championship the former seems less useful, either because defenders are quicker or because they are better organised. Perhaps he is a little rusty (- it took Holt several weeks to get back to his best,) but he has missed several chances recently, both from failing in one-to-one situations and also from blasting over in eagerness. As both Holt and Martin are also good creators, I can understand why Jackson is third choice, and with both Holt and Martin not producing last year''s form Jackson is perhaps a luxury we cannot afford. I suspect that PL''s desired threesome contains a striker. I hope so. All our strikers currently are profiligate with chances - 20 yesterday and not a goal to result. We badly need a striker who can make space for a shot and then shoot accurately. At the moment we have no striker who is a consistent threat to opposing defences, and I think that Jackson sadly is rightly three out of four in the ranking.[/quote]

And how Ironic is it that Cody is Gills top scorer with 6, bearing in mind he has not played as many games as he would have if being fit from the start

[quote user="morty"]I think he played like a player that hasn''t been getting starts. If he had a run in the team his touch and confidence would improve.

I think this is where we miss being in a decent standard reserve league.
[/quote]

100% agreed. Is this why we are in The Norfolk Senior Cup? What is that all about?

He is obviously very good, but needs to be in the right set up to produce more prolifically (sp?).

We need to be a little more patient and see how things turn out when he is given regular time in games, not a few minutes here and there.

He is the only Canadian we have at the moment, and if we''re not going to try for DeRosario, we need to keep him so our Canadian fan base has reason to blossom. Likewise Whitbread and our Texan fan base.

It was not just the 1 on 1, his first touch was awful. He looked like a league one player who got by on being very fast. Maybe I''m being harsh but I am far from convinced he is worth the money.

If you look at how both Jackson and Martin play (or are used to playing), it is sitting behind defences getting the ball and playing football. With both of them on the team neither of them wanted to go deeper in the the opposing teams half as they are not so much the Holty types. That is where Holt is different, he doesnt mind if he is not directly involved with the play at every second, he is happy just to keep moving further up and pulling the defense back and giving the other striker and midfielder more room to play. I think this is why we missed holt so much, it was that we just could not get the room to play football as both players like to sit back a bit. To really judge Jackson we need to give him a 10 game starting stretch playing with Holty or different tactics with Martin, then we can start to judge.