Sign in to follow this  
Clint

The Benefit of Nelson....

Agreed - Ward and Leon have a shocking strike rate! I''ve lost count of the number of decent chances Leon has had from corners and set peices. At least he got the Leeds one in. Albeit with the keeper sitting on his a**e!

agreed with Barnett and Ward not chipping in with goals but this is testemant to my post if people think Nelson should be in at CB because he has a good goal/game ratio it proves everything about him...... Defenders are in the team to defend not score goals, a goal here or there is a bonus. Nelson has scored 4 goals in 34 apps, hardly John Terry!!

look i just dont rate him at this level, yea he did a great job last season and the goal against Charlton will always live in the memories of city fans.

I will support who ever puts on the shirt and plays for it but i dont have to believe he is the player that some people on here make him out to be. I just wish we had better back up for Ward and Barnett. I hope he has a good game Saturday if he plays but im concered he is prone in making mistakes.

[quote user="Clint"]....he offers much more of an attacking threat from set pieces than Ward or Nelson.[/quote]He also offers an easy scapegoat figure now that Gary Doherty''s left the club.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]look i just dont rate him at this level, yea he did a great job last season and the goal against Charlton will always live in the memories of city fans. I will support who ever puts on the shirt and plays for it but i dont have to believe he is the player that some people on here make him out to be. I just wish we had better back up for Ward and Barnett. I hope he has a good game Saturday if he plays but im concered he is prone in making mistakes.[/quote]

How can you judge what he''s like at this level, he''s been out since August? The boy deserves a chance, and he''ll probably get it today.