Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

are we a 1 horse team

A very good player is someone who can make thijgs happen or change the whole course of a game.

I think that Holty comes into this category. Otherwise only Surman and perhaps Hooly are there too. We have several good players, and we have success when they give their all for 90 minutes. What we need in January, if we sign anyone, is someone with skill and vision who can create openings, or space for himself to score goals.

We are almost a one man side, but we are still creating so many chances.

I feel that perhaps we are most lacking in defence, however. How many games is it since we last kept a clean sheet? It must be getting on for 10.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Holt makes a great difference to our side. As most people acknowledge our problem is not having a ready made back up for him.

To those critics who complain his form was not good earlier in the season, I believe it will come out at some time that Holt played when he was no where near fit enough because Lambo asked him to.

Holt is a top bloke, a true professional, a pain for every opposing defender and a brilliant captain. To cap that, what an entertainer he is with his antics, especially today with his goal celebrations. Bloody brilliant.[/quote]Agree wholeheartedly with this.  His celebrations and crowd antics are part of the reason he''s so valuable - he lifts the players but he also lifts the fans, they lift the whole team.  The dive in the snow yesterday was brilliant, as was the moustache celebration.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Holt makes a great difference to our side. As most people acknowledge our problem is not having a ready made back up for him. To those critics who complain his form was not good earlier in the season, I believe it will come out at some time that Holt played when he was no where near fit enough because Lambo asked him to. Holt is a top bloke, a true professional, a pain for every opposing defender and a brilliant captain. To cap that, what an entertainer he is with his antics, especially today with his goal celebrations. Bloody brilliant.[/quote]

Completely agree, and it has also been said by Lambert earlier on in the season that Holt was lacking in fitness due to a lack of a pre-season. It seems in the last month though, his fitness has picked up, and he is starting to score regularly which will breed confidence