Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week twenty of the free bet season. I can hardly believe we are halfway through another season already! Following Hughesy’s unlucky effort last week we hope the footballing gods are on our side this week where we have “Free Bet Line of Fame” member Fonejacker in charge and making the final selections. Fonejacker was one of the ninety percenters last season where he finished on 37/40 93%. After a difficult start this season Fonejack has hit form at just the right time having selected correctly in each of the last four weeks.

Of course good as Fonejacker is he can’t get us another win without the help of our wonderful team of PUPs. According to the forecast we still need to keep an eye on the weather when selecting. You PUPs have been superb at that so far. With all the games postponed during the last 2 weeks I think we only lost one from our selections. Don’t forget that there’s lots of good information available in our PUPs Library on the NCISA web site.

I’m sure all you PUPs would like to join me in wishing Leeds canary a belated happy birthday for yesterday. Kev has done so much for the free bet over the last few years including providing all the trophies and making trips from Leeds to be with us at meets and presentations. Kev epitomises the spirit we have on these threads and it would be just great to get another win to mark his 64th birthday[^][:S][;)]

I am putting together the rota for January’s final selections. Provisionally I have : -

January 1st Hissing Sid

January 8th Obiwancanary

January 15th Excited Canary

January 22nd Sports Desk - Pete

January 29th City-Til-I-Die

Please could you PUPs confirm that these dates are ok when you post your naps.

I

ll hand the free bet over to Fonejacker now. Enjoy your week in charge, theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Fonejack... the free bet is yours.......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, yes Norfolkchance1 £1082 for the Academy,so far.

Tunisia again for me, after last week''s late weather-induced switch away from Lebanon.

Top versus bottom. ESTunis to win at home to Marsa.

ES Tunis have a 4-1-0 home record, with 10 goals scored and two conceded.

Marsa''s away record is 0-2-3, with one goal scored and seven let in.

Plus, ES Tunis lost away last weekend to lowly Gabes, and will be keen to put that behind them.

Evo stick league for me and

Northwich Victoria vs. Retford Home win

Retford are rock bottom on 7 points (2 - 1 - 17) having conceded 53 goals in their 20 games

Northwich Victoria are 4th with 30 points (9 - 5 - 3)

Best of luck everyone

I''m heading to the land of sunshine, paella and bulls for Real Madrid v FC Sevilla  home win pleaseReal Madrid (2nd), as well as looking to sign our very own Chrissy Martin - lol - have won 7 of their last 8 matches; 6 at home. FC Sevilla (11th)  have won 3 of their last 7 away.Good luck peeps

As it''s the week before the week of Christmas and I''m feeling festive I''m off to Turkey.

Fenerbache Vs Sivasspor

Home form: W6 D2 L0 GF23 GA8

Away form: W0 D3 L5 GF6 GA20

So it''s a home win for me.

Davo

Portugal for me this week and

Benfica v Rio Ave - Home Win

Benfica at home have W6 D0 L1 F15 A2 and are 2nd in the league, Rio Ave 4th bottom and have W1 D2 L3 F5 A8.

Best of luck Fonejacker, and all PUPs.

PS - Nutty, January 1st is good for me.

I''m heading to Spain this week.

Real Madrid (W7 D0 L0 F25 A3 at home) to beat Sevilla (W3 D0 L4 F8 A13 away)

Good luck all, especially Fonejacker

Hello PUP Pickers  [:P]

I''d like to head to Belgium this week please:

Lierse -v- GENK    AWAY WIN

Lierse have yet to win any of their 8 matches at home and Genk have only lost once on their travels this season.

Could I also post my Mear Kat''s selection:

Real Madrid to beat Sevilla

Thanks very much and Good Luck to Fonejacker and all PUPs [<:o)]

Good evening Nutmiester,good luck to Fonejacker and all you other PUPs out there.

For the third week running i am off to Spain and following the early trend of picking a home win for REAL MADRID(1/5) v Sevilla(11/1)

A trip to France for me this week

St Etienne  v  Arles  (home win)

St Etienne are currently 7th in a tight league, 6 points off top spot while Arles are propping up the table

Best of luck everyone [Y]

PS.  Nutty, any chance you could put up next week''s thread a day early, to give people heading off before Christmas a chance to post their selections?

This week i will go for a home win in Portugal for Benfica, 2nd in the league, with only one home defeat, and they play Rio Ave who 11 places lower, and have only won once away from home...

BENFICA vs Rio Ave- Home win

Good luck :D

It''s both  an honour and a privilege to be considered to be the weekly picker, especially as my form this season has been nothing short of dire! Needless to say that I''m going to need as much help as possible to get back on track earning cold hard cash for FONCY.I''ll be submitting my picks Friday morning if that''s OK, good luck everyone! [:D]

Was going with the Real Madrid gang but to offer something different its Holland instead of Spain

DEN HAAG -v- Willem II HOME WIN

Good Luck fonejacker and all you Lovely PUPs

Tough looking week, a lot of the leagues have shut down for Winter so our selection is a lot narrower.APOEL to beat Enosis in the Cypriot league.Apoel are top of the league, and have won every game at home this season (7/0/0 - +12 GD)Enosis are mid table, 2/2/3 away from home.Not

a banker by any means, but they have done the business for us this

season on a few occasions, so hopefully they will come through this one.Best of luck Fonejacker.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

PS.  Nutty, any chance you could put up next week''s thread a day early, to give people heading off before Christmas a chance to post their selections?

[/quote]

Yes Cherub. I should have mentioned it in my opening post. Next weeks thread will go up on Tueday. The games will be those played on Boxing Day.  Our Christmas Picker is Graham Humphrey and I''ll leave it up to hime to decide when he makes his selections. It''s ok by me if it''s Christmas Eve or Christmas Day! I will get the final six to Billy on Boxing Day morning.

The following week I will again put the thread up one day earlier on the Tuesday. The games will be those played on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd Jan. Our New Year Picker is Hissing Sid and again I will leave it up to him whether he makes his selections a day earlier or does them on New Years Eve.

Over Christmas and New Year our options are reduced with so many leagues taking a winter break. But us PUPs are always up for a challenge and  with Graham and Sid in charge we still have an excellent chance of some festive wins for FONCY.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Tunisia again for me, after last week''s late weather-induced switch away from Lebanon.

Top versus bottom. ESTunis to win at home to Marsa.

ES Tunis have a 4-1-0 home record, with 10 goals scored and two conceded.

Marsa''s away record is 0-2-3, with one goal scored and seven let in.

Plus, ES Tunis lost away last weekend to lowly Gabes, and will be keen to put that behind them.

[/quote]

---

My postponed Lebanese game got played yesterday, with a win for my original selection. I take it I get double points under those circumstances...[;)][:D][;)] 

Something different for me this week,Blue Square North

GUISELEY V Stafford Rangers       HOME WIN

Stafford are reallly poor away from home.

Good luck Fonejacker and all PUPS.

Got another lined up just in case.[Y]

Norwich game as always.

After losing last week and with lambert having the record of never losing twice in a row as norwich manager. I fancy a draw.

Covernty Vs Norwich - Draw.

Evening all Pupstars and good luck Fonejacker (will their be a third series.....?)Having studied the form guides and tables I was initially tempted with Port Vale home win over Barnet.....but with super George Francomb playing the safer punt will be to follow G Pele and go with Benfica home win over Rio Ave........which funnily enough translates in English as "River Have It"........quite amusing I think you will agree.