Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Typical Norwich Fan's

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]He has with Nottingham Forest and Blackpool!!!! My point proven with a1canary!!! doh! pmsl what a tool....[/quote]Expert''s like you that think our player''s are rubbis''h without ever giving them a chanc''e, even though JBA was out of the team for most of last season and Nelson play''ed really well thus deserving a chance at a higher level, are the typical norwich fan''s.By the way, you got pwnd by A1Canary about the Grant Holt / Championship statistics, roflmao!!!!!111!!!!1

[quote user="a1canary"]No one is answering that question because it it totally MEANINGLESS!! 

It''s not a proper measure of a player''s ability by any stretch.

Why, at the age of 29, has Grant Holt never played in this league

before? Many reasons i''m sure, but either way, by your measure, he''s

league one at best so get him out the team![/quote]

a1canary "Grant Holt never played in this league" this is what you said and whether is was sub appearances or not he has played in this league.

Listern how you can compare Grant Holt with Micheal Nelson is beyond me, putting the argument of Holt appearing in this League aside he has clearly proven this year that he can cut it in this league. Micheal Nelson however has not and until he has i will forever believe that he is not good enough for this stadard of football.

Mook, never have i said anything about any other player at the club, so you saying, "Expert''s like you that think our player''s are rubbis''h" is total crap. The only person who i think is total pish is Micheal Nelson. Lets hope he proves me wrong and goes on to keep Barnett or Ward out of the team, personally i cant see this ever happening!!!

You are exactly right Chunky.

As for N4L, you are a prize idiot. You indicated, repeatedly after you were ignored, that essentially because Nelson had never played in the Championship at age 30, he must be league 1 standard at best.

I pointed out that Holt, only a year younger, has also never started a Championship game. So by YOUR logic, not mine, he should equally be a league one player. I''m only comparing them to show you how ridiculous your argument is. Only you now seem to be saying that because Holt made a handful of substitute appearances for Blackpool, that some how elevates him in your cuckoo world to a championship player whereas Nelson is not.

As i said, your point about whether or not they have played in the Championship before is meaningless, that''s why you were ignored.

Players performances once in the championship will show whether or not they are good enough to perform in the league, not some arbitrary measurement about how old they are and whether they''ve played in the league before. Nelson''s no world beater (and neither is Holt come to that) but they are both good enough to play in the championship. You ask Paul Lambert, should he ever have the misfortune to run in to you outside of school hours, if he thinks Michael Nelson is good enough to play in the Championship. I know what his answer will be, do you?

[quote user="a1canary"]You are exactly right Chunky. As for N4L, you are a prize idiot. You indicated, repeatedly after you were ignored, that essentially because Nelson had never played in the Championship at age 30, he must be league 1 standard at best. I pointed out that Holt, only a year younger, has also never started a Championship game. So by YOUR logic, not mine, he should equally be a league one player. I''m only comparing them to show you how ridiculous your argument is. Only you now seem to be saying that because Holt made a handful of substitute appearances for Blackpool, that some how elevates him in your cuckoo world to a championship player whereas Nelson is not. As i said, your point about whether or not they have played in the Championship before is meaningless, that''s why you were ignored. Players performances once in the championship will show whether or not they are good enough to perform in the league, not some arbitrary measurement about how old they are and whether they''ve played in the league before. Nelson''s no world beater (and neither is Holt come to that) but they are both good enough to play in the championship. You ask Paul Lambert, should he ever have the misfortune to run in to you outside of school hours, if he thinks Michael Nelson is good enough to play in the Championship. I know what his answer will be, do you?[/quote]

You are, of course, correct in everything you say. Surely, however, you are aware of that excellent advice - never appear with children or animals.

Well i guess this is going nowhere, a1canary you are of course allowed your opinion as am I. Forget all of the points in this thread as come Saturday we will all find out.

It looks as if Nelson will get the nod against Cov and depending on Barnett''s ban he could be in the team for the next handful of games. He will get his opportunity to demonstrate if he is able to perform in the Championship, because he has in my opinion not done this yet.

In all honesty i hope im wrong because as a fan i dont want to see any players under perform in the yellow and green, and in a perfect world Norwich would have the best players in the world then we would all be happy. Sadly this is not the case we have Micheal Nelson.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I''ve worked it out! The OP is Jens!

I think just about everyone has agreed with you that Nelson isn''t the best defender in the club, but it''s not like we have anyone else really. I''d much rather see Nelson alongside Ward than an out of position right back at centre back and an out of position centre mid at right back. Also if Coventry continue their policy of arial bombardment then having the rather short Smith, Lappin and Martin in defence would be costly.

In the games Nelson has played so far in the Championship he hasn''t stuck out as out of his depth. Everyone had a poor game against Watford and just about everyone who saw the Swansea game said Nelson was good that day.

Of course we all want a better player at centre back, but I''m sure we all want better players in every position.

[/quote]JBA has pneumonia and id still prefer him to play, NO JOKE!![/quote]If JBA has pneumonia how did he play 90 minutes against Fakenham?

I''ll admit to clapping when I''m happy at football (usually when the team have done something well) and do wear a replica shirt yet I''ve never worn a wig or tutu to football therefore I cannot be a typical Norwich fan [:P]in accordance with NR1 snakepit''s criterianb please note correct use of apostrophe; to show possession [:)]

Nelson had some good games in this Division before getting injured earlier on in the season!

Yes hes probably more League 1 than Championship standard but hes the best we''ve got and Mr Sicknote (Whitbread) who was meant to be such a great signing for us was notable by his absence at Fakenham last night!

I''d rather have Nelson at CB than Russell Martin!

Nelsons no world beater but since signing for us hes done a very good solid job for us and has had more good games than bad games and that includes this season where he was only c rap in the 1st game against Watford, when being honest most of the team were!

A moment last season epitomised whats great about Nelson. - He was on the floor in the box defending the Barclay goal but that still didn''t prevent him from trying to head the ball away. - Great desire to do his job for the team!

Nelsons just one of a few examples of an ordinary player that the great motivator and man manager Paul Lambert has got the best out of! 

End of the day Nelsons a good player to have in the squad, he''ll give you everything which cannot be said about many players we''ve had particluarly in the disasterous Grant/Roeder/Gunn era!

I know I''ll get shot down for saying this by people who only see the name and not the stats but I''d rather have a Michael Nelson than a Stefanovic/Sibierski/Hartson/Gibbs/Alex Pearce etc anyday particularly when you consider their respective records for Norwich. Yes Stefanovic got injured but he wasn''t nothing special when he was playing for us and was seeing out his career!

Oh and for the record, Nelson was good yesterday although he got lucky when looked to have brought down Platt in the 1st half but incidents like that are part and parcel of a central defenders life!

Where are you op ?. Seems like you saw the name Michael Nelson and decided he is s**t. I must say my head tells me that Barnett and Ward are better than Nelson,based on what I saw yesterday I have got to say our defence looked more secure than it had for weeks with Nelson winning everything thrown at him. Am I saying he should be left in the side when Barnett and Ward are both available, probably not but if Barnett now gets a long suspension firstly I see no problem with him playing, but secondly if and only if he had a couple more games like that I dont see how you could drop him.    

It''s very quiet over there NCFC4LIFE!!So, he proved he could do a job on Saturday. He proved he could do a job in the games before he was injured. Is he good enough to play? As cover for Leon (which is what we''re talking about)? How many times does he have to play and play well exactly before he passes muster in your eyes?

Ill be the judge of him until I see it with my own eyes he is still a League One player... Listern im not going to change my opinion on a player because some people on the Pinkun said he has had a good game against Cov. Doesnt the saying every dog has its day. Before you say, but Lambert said he had a good game, PL is hardly going to come out and be critical of Nelson, especially when he knows Barnett is probably going to be out for a while. By the way didnt Nelson almost give away a pen??

Presumbaly then, if he has a good game and your response is "he''s still a league 1 defender" then when he has a bad game, i can say he''s still a championship defender. What gives you the right to make judgements like that? To ignore the facts that he can defend and do a job in this league (as he has proven to everyone except you and few other stubborn fans) and to declare him a league 1 defender? What if someone treated you like that in your workplace - someone who had never even experienced that workplace, yet declared you weren''t fit to work there? You''d laugh at them!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Glad to hear that Chop''s.  Typical Norwich Fan''s indeed.

Now I feel dirty.
[/quote]

Haha - some very amusing response''s on this thread [:)] Lets just see how he perform''s over the next couple of game''s [:D][:D]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Ill be the judge of him until I see it with my own eyes he is still a League One player... Listern im not going to change my opinion on a player because some people on the Pinkun said he has had a good game against Cov. Doesnt the saying every dog has its day.

Before you say, but Lambert said he had a good game, PL is hardly going to come out and be critical of Nelson, especially when he knows Barnett is probably going to be out for a while. By the way didnt Nelson almost give away a pen??

[/quote]

When are you likely to have yours then?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Ill be the judge of him until I see it with my own eyes he is still a League One player... Listern im not going to change my opinion on a player because some people on the Pinkun said he has had a good game against Cov. Doesnt the saying every dog has its day. Before you say, but Lambert said he had a good game, PL is hardly going to come out and be critical of Nelson, especially when he knows Barnett is probably going to be out for a while. By the way didnt Nelson almost give away a pen??

[/quote]This is basically a variation on "If I can''t see it it''s not happening" isn''t it?  So 1,766 travelling City fans, and the manager, were wrong and you were right.  The fact you will go to such lengths to discredit him shows what a total plank you are to be honest.

[quote user="a1canary"]Presumbaly then, if he has a good game and your response is "he''s still a league 1 defender" then when he has a bad game, i can say he''s still a championship defender. What gives you the right to make judgements like that? To ignore the facts that he can defend and do a job in this league (as he has proven to everyone except you and few other stubborn fans) and to declare him a league 1 defender? What if someone treated you like that in your workplace - someone who had never even experienced that workplace, yet declared you weren''t fit to work there? You''d laugh at them![/quote]Well we shall see if he gets released at the end of the season and who picks him up? His contract is up only signed a two year deal.!!! Im thinking a team like Colchester or Carlisle would suit. Oh and a1 what gives me the right? Every fan has the right to view his or her opinion, its unfortunate tools like yourselfs who think that if Lambert said it, it must be right. Well frankly that is b*ll*cks, Lambert is a great manager, possibly one of the best we have ever had. Even if Lambert came up to me keeping a straight face on and said he thought Nelson was a good player i still wouldnt belive him. Micheal Nelson is a League One footballer, IMO.

Tools like me think Lambert is a better judge than me, whereas deluded

fools think they can judge a player better than him. And remember, this

is simply about whether or not Nelson is good enough to play in the

championship as part of our squad, and that he is most definitely a

better option than your ridiculous defensive reshuffle that you favour

in order to keep him out of the team.

Remind us all again, just for another laugh?

Korey Smith at left back, Russel Martin at centre back and Simon Lappin at right back?

In the words of a well known poster, "nurse!"p.s. please answer the question - how many games does he have to perform in, in the championship, before you accept he is good enough to play in the championship?

If you really think i put Korey at left back and Lappin at right then your really are a C**T!!! I had already explained to another poster that i had put it that way around because i sit facing the N&P.To answer your question a full season he needs to prove to me that he can play week in week out, he wont get this because as soon as Barnett is fit again he will be on the bench again. Say we miss out on promotion this year do you think Lambert will offer him a new contract?