Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Typical Norwich Fan's

There has always been plenty of fans on this site that have talked about Micheal Nelson and how he is a quality defender, which i have always disagreed with. This weekend more than likely he will get his opportunity to play in the first team once again. (cringe) Lets just hope he does a job. He was bought in by BG on a recommendation from Ian Butterworth and in my humble opinion it was a decent signing for our League One campaign. League One we are no longer in and i worry in great length to Barnetts ban and what the F.A might decide, there is a strong possiblity that he could face up to a five game ban. If this is the case it means we have Nelson at the back with Ward, i think Ward has a had an extremly possitive season so far but is susceptible to pace and people running at him and with Nelson next to him i feel this is going to be targeted by our opponents. With a tough Christmas period coming up i am extremly worried about this partnership and the absence of Barnett.I worry about Nelson so much that i hope Lambert considers this back four:  Lappin/Drury   Ward    R.Martin   K.Smith

And why would you put an apostrophe in "fans"? Fans is a word. It''s not two words joined together.

Whilst Nelson isn''t the greatest defender in the world, he was playing extremely well before he got injured and I (and it seems many others) have no real issue with he coming in to cover Barnett.Nelson has defied his critics (and I was one of those critics) time and time again and against Coventry, who will surely launch a lot of long balls, he should be okay. It is far more important that Drury gets fit soon as Lappin has been our weak link in defence recently, which Nugent showed expertly on Saturday. Other teams will have noticed this and will put additional pressure down our left hand side.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Whilst Nelson isn''t the greatest defender in the world, he was playing extremely well before he got injured and I (and it seems many others) have no real issue with he coming in to cover Barnett.Nelson has defied his critics (and I was one of those critics) time and time again and against Coventry, who will surely launch a lot of long balls, he should be okay. It is far more important that Drury gets fit soon as Lappin has been our weak link in defence recently, which Nugent showed expertly on Saturday. Other teams will have noticed this and will put additional pressure down our left hand side. [/quote]pmsl, are you joking? I think Lappin has looked more than comfortable at left back, Drury is my favourite City player and an outstanding left back having said that i think he could have a little trouble getting his shirt back.

Lappin has done his best but Drury will get his place back once fit.

For the rest of your comments NCFC4LIFE I just hope you suffered a momentarily demand for attention!

Done his best?! The amount of assists Lappin creates fot the team is a joke!!! His balls into the box are second to none, and defensively is secure, only question is his pace, but Drury is hardly rapid. Dont get me wrong Adam Drury is our first choice left back and no doubt he will return there once fully fit but he may find it harder than expected.Main point is no demand for attention, its called a fan forum for a reason, its a website were City fans can voice there opnions, and the title typical Norwich fans is now explained, city have always had these fans that back players that give 110% and if thats the case then their quality get over looked, this is Nelson all over, because he gives the team 110% fans dont give him a hard time for his mistakes which have been plentiful when in the team, goals against Watford and Swansea ring in my head.He is poor at this level and anyone who understands football will know this. No Pace, poor positioning, and never stands on his feet. People''s argument for Nelson is he gets stuck in and wins headers, a centre back playing in the Rymans Prem should be able to do this. Nelson is 30 and this is the first time he has played at this level, what does that tell you about his ability?!

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Your two comments sum up this site......[/quote]

Why would you play Drury/Lappin at R. Back and Korey at L. Back?

[/quote]I sit in the Barclay!

No, lappin is the weekest defender by some distance. Now i think he is a decent  squad member but he is no left back. He does some thing well but defending is not one of them. I do admire that fact that he gives 100% and does get up and down the wing though.

What a lot of rubbish. What is it like to "worry in great lengths" anyway?! Firstly, as has been said, Nelson has defied his critics pretty much every time he has pulled on a city shirt since 7-1 and Watford at home, none more so than in the chamionship games since. He''s not the most cultured but i have absolutely no worries about him covering for Barnett during his suspension who himself could probably use a rest.Secondly, Lappin at RB is the biggest load of nonsense i''ve ever heard. Closely followed by Korey at left back. Korey can fill in at RIGHT back if he has to, much as Lappin can on the left. At a stretch. But to then swap them over just to keep Nelson out of central defence...that''s just crazy talk. I can guarantee for a start this will be a million miles from Lambert''s mind thank god. He''s already uncomfortable with playing Lappin at left back and quite rightly so. Why do you think he got Steven Smith in in the first place? If Lappin was so great at LB he wouldn''t have bothered with Surman signed as well. I admit Lappin has performed admirably at LB so far, not least because Lambert has gone back to the diamond to ensure our wing backs are as far up the pitch as possible where Lappin is more effective. With more defensive duties further back down the pitch everyone knows he will be found wanting. Pompey managed to push as back when they changed to a 4-3-3 and in doing that Lappin was badly exposed. If Boothroyd has any tactical awareness at all, he will try to exploit Lappin too. If however, he plays hoofball as expected, a fully fit Michael Nelson would arguably be a first choice CB option.

[quote user="a1canary"]What a lot of rubbish. What is it like to "worry in great lengths" anyway?! Firstly, as has been said, Nelson has defied his critics pretty much every time he has pulled on a city shirt since 7-1 and Watford at home, none more so than in the chamionship games since. He''s not the most cultured but i have absolutely no worries about him covering for Barnett during his suspension who himself could probably use a rest.Secondly, Lappin at RB is the biggest load of nonsense i''ve ever heard. Closely followed by Korey at left back. Korey can fill in at RIGHT back if he has to, much as Lappin can on the left. At a stretch. But to then swap them over just to keep Nelson out of central defence...that''s just crazy talk. I can guarantee for a start this will be a million miles from Lambert''s mind thank god. He''s already uncomfortable with playing Lappin at left back and quite rightly so. Why do you think he got Steven Smith in in the first place? If Lappin was so great at LB he wouldn''t have bothered with Surman signed as well. I admit Lappin has performed admirably at LB so far, not least because Lambert has gone back to the diamond to ensure our wing backs are as far up the pitch as possible where Lappin is more effective. With more defensive duties further back down the pitch everyone knows he will be found wanting. Pompey managed to push as back when they changed to a 4-3-3 and in doing that Lappin was badly exposed. If Boothroyd has any tactical awareness at all, he will try to exploit Lappin too. If however, he plays hoofball as expected, a fully fit Michael Nelson would arguably be a first choice CB option. [/quote]If you read the thread i explained i put:Lappin/Drury   Ward    R.Martin    K.Smithbecause i sit in the Barclay so its how i see it........ Example of Nelson defying critics???

You must have a pretty strange angle from your seat then if you see our defence like that!!Example? Consecutive clean sheets with him in the side early in the season when he and Ward - the pairing you fear so - were highly commended for their performances (Scunthorpe away and Swansea if you''re asking). He doesn''t actually have to do much to defy his critics other than turn out and be solid which he is 90% of the time, because every time he plays the likes of you are just waiting to slag him off. He''s had a few poor games but definitely no more than any other player - fewer in fact. Just ask yourself how many times have we conceded where he is at fault, has lost his man or missed a header? Very very rarely.

I sit Lower Barclay Block E, the view i prefer thanks. Watford game on Sky he was appalling he got pulled all over the place by Danny Graham he was made to look like a part-timer. Also the Swansea game he fell flat on his arse to let Sinclair through and win a pen..... Cant comment on Scunthorpe as i didnt make the trip, although a lot would argue they are one of the weakest teams in the league.Look answer me this question, Why at the age of 30 has Micheal Nelson not played at this level before.... in fact dont answer it because i already know the answer, he is simply not good enough! 

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="a1canary"]What a lot of rubbish. What is it like to "worry in great lengths" anyway?!

Firstly, as has been said, Nelson has defied his critics pretty much every time he has pulled on a city shirt since 7-1 and Watford at home, none more so than in the chamionship games since. He''s not the most cultured but i have absolutely no worries about him covering for Barnett during his suspension who himself could probably use a rest.

Secondly, Lappin at RB is the biggest load of nonsense i''ve ever heard. Closely followed by Korey at left back. Korey can fill in at RIGHT back if he has to, much as Lappin can on the left. At a stretch. But to then swap them over just to keep Nelson out of central defence...that''s just crazy talk. I can guarantee for a start this will be a million miles from Lambert''s mind thank god. He''s already uncomfortable with playing Lappin at left back and quite rightly so. Why do you think he got Steven Smith in in the first place? If Lappin was so great at LB he wouldn''t have bothered with Surman signed as well. I admit Lappin has performed admirably at LB so far, not least because Lambert has gone back to the diamond to ensure our wing backs are as far up the pitch as possible where Lappin is more effective. With more defensive duties further back down the pitch everyone knows he will be found wanting. Pompey managed to push as back when they changed to a 4-3-3 and in doing that Lappin was badly exposed. If Boothroyd has any tactical awareness at all, he will try to exploit Lappin too. If however, he plays hoofball as expected, a fully fit Michael Nelson would arguably be a first choice CB option.
[/quote]

If you read the thread i explained i put:

Lappin/Drury   Ward    R.Martin    K.Smith

because i sit in the Barclay so its how i see it........

Example of Nelson defying critics???
[/quote]

Don''t know if you have realised but the teams change ends at half time...

Nelson''s name was mud after the Colchester game, but he managed to come back into the team and was at the heart of defence all of last season, and did a good job. At the beginning of this season people were saying he wasn''t going to be good enough for this league, but then played very well against Scunthorpe and Swansea as showed no issues in the other games he featured in.

Also Lappin being good at crosses and gaining assists does not make him a good left back. Every time he faces a winger with pace he is in trouble because he has a habit of getting too tight to his man, players like Drury with good experience in that position know when to stand off and when to get tight. I''m happy with Lappin in midfield as he is more suited to that role, but at left back he is a weakness - something that was shown against Pompy, Reading and Derby (who luckily couldn''t take advantage of this).

Yes i do realise, would you prefer me to do this:Drury/Lappin   Ward    R.Martin   K.Smith (1st half)K.Smith  R.Martin   Ward   Lappin/Drury (2nd Half)Yes he was in our team at the end of last season, and yes he put in some decent performances at the end of last season, what League were we in? Thats right League One were he belongs. One performance at Scunthorpe does not warrant people saying he is good enough for this league. Listern Lappin is not a left back nor have i ever said he was, all i said is he has looked comfortable there and that Drury may have a tougher time getting his shirt back, and excuse me since Drury has been out we went on an unbeaten run of like 6 games so Lappin hasnt done too bad! Drury as any normal city fan knows is our 1st choice left back so dont try and make me sound like i have ever disagreed.p.s. Nelson is dog sh*t

I''ve worked it out! The OP is Jens!

I think just about everyone has agreed with you that Nelson isn''t the best defender in the club, but it''s not like we have anyone else really. I''d much rather see Nelson alongside Ward than an out of position right back at centre back and an out of position centre mid at right back. Also if Coventry continue their policy of arial bombardment then having the rather short Smith, Lappin and Martin in defence would be costly.

In the games Nelson has played so far in the Championship he hasn''t stuck out as out of his depth. Everyone had a poor game against Watford and just about everyone who saw the Swansea game said Nelson was good that day.

Of course we all want a better player at centre back, but I''m sure we all want better players in every position.

No one is answering that question because it it totally MEANINGLESS!! 

It''s not a proper measure of a player''s ability by any stretch.

Why, at the age of 29, has Grant Holt never played in this league

before? Many reasons i''m sure, but either way, by your measure, he''s

league one at best so get him out the team!

[quote user="a1canary"]No one is answering that question because it it totally MEANINGLESS!! 

It''s not a proper measure of a player''s ability by any stretch.

Why, at the age of 29, has Grant Holt never played in this league

before? Many reasons i''m sure, but either way, by your measure, he''s

league one at best so get him out the team![/quote]He has with Nottingham Forest and Blackpool!!!! My point proven with a1canary!!! doh! pmsl what a tool....

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I''ve worked it out! The OP is Jens!

I think just about everyone has agreed with you that Nelson isn''t the best defender in the club, but it''s not like we have anyone else really. I''d much rather see Nelson alongside Ward than an out of position right back at centre back and an out of position centre mid at right back. Also if Coventry continue their policy of arial bombardment then having the rather short Smith, Lappin and Martin in defence would be costly.

In the games Nelson has played so far in the Championship he hasn''t stuck out as out of his depth. Everyone had a poor game against Watford and just about everyone who saw the Swansea game said Nelson was good that day.

Of course we all want a better player at centre back, but I''m sure we all want better players in every position.

[/quote]JBA has pneumonia and id still prefer him to play, NO JOKE!!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="a1canary"]No one is answering that question because it it totally MEANINGLESS!!  It''s not a proper measure of a player''s ability by any stretch.

Why, at the age of 29, has Grant Holt never played in this league before? Many reasons i''m sure, but either way, by your measure, he''s league one at best so get him out the team![/quote]

He has with Nottingham Forest and Blackpool!!!! My point proven with a1canary!!! doh! pmsl what a tool....
[/quote]

???

Yawn. I thought you''d say that. Firstly, you''re totally WRONG about Forest. He joined them in January 2006 (they were relegated to league 1 in the 04-05 season) and left for Shrewsbury in the summer after they were promoted in 2008. Secondly, he made a grand total of 4 substitute appearances in the Championship while on loan at Blackpool. So don''t be a nob, if you really think 4 substitute appearances two years ago means that one player "qualifies" as a championship quality player while another who has made none doesn''t... well, you probably do. Anything to fit your ''Michael Nelson doesn''t belong at this club'' mantra eh!So put it another way, why has Grant Holt, aged 29, never started a game in the Championship before joining us? Because he''s rubbish, league one fodder. Oh, hang on...

So essentially, with your title that means absolutely nothing in regards to what you''re actually trying to say, you''re just slagging off Nelson?

Have I got that right?