Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Is Whitbread in Contention for Saturday?

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I know we have a thread on him every week, asking if he is fit, why we signed him, whether he is actually real etc.

But now that Barnett is suspended, it is more of an issue. Obviously we have Nelson fit again, and Askou is another option, but is Whitbread?
[/quote]

Quite simply No. He died of a calf injury a few months ago.

even if he was fit he certainly wouldn''t be match fit, i expect it will be Nelson back in the team for Saturday, lets hope they don''t have any fast forwards!!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I know we have a thread on him every week, asking if he is fit, why we signed him, whether he is actually real etc.But now that Barnett is suspended, it is more of an issue. Obviously we have Nelson fit again, and Askou is another option, but is Whitbread?[/quote]

Quite simply No. He died of a calf injury a few months ago.

[/quote]Hahaha![Y]

I''d like to think so. Whitbred has potential and from my experience of watching him play, at Millwall not just City, is a great player.

Hope he can get himself fit.

It''s exceedingly frustrating that Whitbread, for all intents and purposes, is as dead as a dodo I seem to remember Ian Crook claimng that he was our most technically gifted CB and could go on to be one of the best Norwich had seen however he''s been out so long with this mysterious ''calf injury'' I fear he may have lost his bloody foot!

With the way things are at the moment something is going to have to go very wrong and for a long time for anyone to disrupt the Ward/Barnett first choice partnership.

Zak Whitbread is certainly no better than Ward and Barnett is just the best defender Norwich have had in years and years and years.

can whitbread even remember the way to Carrow Road anymore?January is soon upon us and a good time to pay up a contract if someone else comes in.

[quote user="Gareth"] I seem to remember Ian Crook claimng that he was our most technically gifted CB and could go on to be one of the best Norwich [/quote]ohhh dear... Ian Crook of the Gunny era reccomends a player, didnt he recomend Theoklitos too?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]can whitbread even remember the way to Carrow Road anymore?

January is soon upon us and a good time to pay up a contract if someone else comes in.

[/quote]

What''s the point in paying up a contract? Just keep him here in the hope he can get fit one day. It''s not like we would make a saving in paying out his contract, the club would still have to cover the complete cost. All his medical bills are probably covered by insurance so what is the worry?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]can whitbread even remember the way to Carrow Road anymore?

[/quote]

Yup, he was there on Saturday.

He probably felt obliged to pay us a visit in the same way you feel obliged to visit the relatives you really can''t stand at this time of year.

[quote]It would depend upon which was more financially viable surely; terminating the contract or continuing paying wages for a player who isn''t playing[/quote]

You can''t just terminate his contract - you''d have to pay his wages in full up until his contract expired.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]There''s more chance of Fatima Whitbread being in contention for Saturday.[/quote]Just seen her in Morrisons.....

[quote user="ridgeman"]Basically Whitbred is finished how many players have returned from a years absence to play at the same level.[/quote]To throw some names out there: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Jimmy Bullard, Ronaldo, Alan Shearer. But, I do get your point.On topic: if Whitbread was fit, he might have been involved in the Senior Cup last night. But he wasn''t.

Darren Kenton was the best CB for Norwich by far, does anyone know what hes up to these days. I remember he went to Southamton and did nothing due to injuries.

[quote user="RICH NCFC"]Darren Kenton was the best CB for Norwich by far, does anyone know what hes up to these days. I remember he went to Southamton and did nothing due to injuries.[/quote]

No way. He was actually a very good right back. However despite being quite small he had a complex that he was a centre half who should have been getting into the team ahead of Malky and Flem. Hence why he moved to Southampton when he wasnt granted his wish.

The fact that he did very little in his career after leaving us appears to have validated this in my opinion.

I''ve been told by someone very much in the know that Zak was told if he wishes to find himself a new club he may do so.  I was told this over a month ago - If true I would speculate that it was because Lambert knew he wanted to sign Barnett and has to make a bit of room. 

[quote user="Barbie"][quote user="Mister Chops"]There''s more chance of Fatima Whitbread being in contention for Saturday.
[/quote]

Just seen her in Morrisons.....
[/quote]

So have I; they were spit-roasting her and selling portions for £2.99 per pound..............Don''t know who the two guys were though.

[quote user="The Chirp"]I''ve been told by someone very much in the know that Zak was told if he wishes to find himself a new club he may do so.  I was told this over a month ago - If true I would speculate that it was because Lambert knew he wanted to sign Barnett and has to make a bit of room. 

[/quote]Whitbread, through no fault of his own, has just been an expensive waste of money... good luck Zak and i hope you find yourself fit and healthy at a new club one day

[quote user="RICH NCFC"]Darren Kenton was the best CB for Norwich by far, does anyone know what hes up to these days. I remember he went to Southamton and did nothing due to injuries.
[/quote]

A big NO to that one!

Kenton was a very good rightback on his day and could fill in at Centreback but was too small to be a great CB!

Lets hope the inside knowledge about the future of Whitbread is correct!

The facts are he got a thigh strain while in the warm up for a pre season friendly and has been missing ever since. I don''t think we know the full story and if he was fit he''d of surely featured at Fakenham the other night! Hes been at the club almost a year now and has played how many games 4-5 at the very most!

Time for a parting of the ways where hes concerned!

I have heard, albeit 3rd hand, that Whitbread has other ''issues'' however how much this would play on his match fitness is a different matter.

Psychological issues...again I am only passing on third party information so I can only apologise if it is incorrect but it is what I have heard...