Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Will Malky be a City manager of the future?

Not trying to pre-empt anything at all, I like everyone else thinks Mr Lambert is wonderful and would love him to stay for eternity. Being realistic there will be a time when he will leave I''m sure. Having seen the miracles Malky has performed on an absolue shoestring will he come back to be the boss?

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Not trying to pre-empt anything at all, I like everyone else thinks Mr Lambert is wonderful and would love him to stay for eternity. Being realistic there will be a time when he will leave I''m sure. Having seen the miracles Malky has performed on an absolue shoestring will he come back to be the boss?[/quote]

Shh Waz, don''t tempt the fates..[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/old-025.gif[/IMG]

Funnily enough, this crossed my mind last night after the game. He really must be our number one candidate whenever Paul Lambert moves on IMO.

Although it is a nice idea, and whilst I do agree he has done very well, I''m only worried about what is going on at the moment. In particular us winning 6-0 today. [:)]

never go back.... just ask Bryan Gunn and Mike Walker...Good luck in the managerial career Malky, i would hate for you to come back and it go wrong... Take Watford up with us!

Personally i was well chuffed when Culverhouse came back as part of the Lambert package- one of the classiest players i`ve ever seen in a City shirt and apparently a sound, intelligent bloke off the pitch. Would have thought he`d be up there with Malky if/when Lambert goes.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]never go back.... just ask Bryan Gunn and Mike Walker...

Good luck in the managerial career Malky, i would hate for you to come back and it go wrong... Take Watford up with us!
[/quote]

You''ve not chosen two of the best examples there. Gunn was never manager material, and Walker had been manager here before. Malky is obviously a proven manager but has not yet managed us. His chance will come and I am sure he would love to manage us.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]never go back.... just ask Bryan Gunn and Mike Walker...Good luck in the managerial career Malky, i would hate for you to come back and it go wrong... Take Watford up with us![/quote]Having a tie with the club is more often a good thing than not, and there are just as many successes as failures amongst managers who return to old clubs that they played for.

If we can''t persuade Culverhouse to stay the Malky would have to be up there on the list.

Davo

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]never go back.... just ask Bryan Gunn and Mike Walker...Good luck in the managerial career Malky, i would hate for you to come back and it go wrong... Take Watford up with us![/quote]Having a tie with the club is more often a good thing than not, and there are just as many successes as failures amongst managers who return to old clubs that they played for.[/quote]Dave Stringer and Martin O''Neill spring to mind.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Not trying to pre-empt anything at all, I like everyone else thinks Mr Lambert is wonderful and would love him to stay for eternity. Being realistic there will be a time when he will leave I''m sure. Having seen the miracles Malky has performed on an absolue shoestring will he come back to be the boss?[/quote]

...but not yet.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Personally i was well chuffed when Culverhouse came back as part of the Lambert package- one of the classiest players i`ve ever seen in a City shirt and apparently a sound, intelligent bloke off the pitch. Would have thought he`d be up there with Malky if/when Lambert goes.[/quote]

If Lambert goes we''ll lose Culverhouse too, they''ve been together for a long time.

Not sure why we are talking about managers of the future when we still have a good one here who only recently signed a new improved 2 year contract?

Malkys a bit inexperienced , ,Martin ONeil  is the only manager that comes close to Lambert in my eyes.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Didnt we shaft Malky when we went up, does he still speak highly of us, even after that?

[/quote]

Just had a look at the Watford message board, they also seem worried that Lambert may be going to Burnley and like us can''t understand it, but they are worried that if this happens, if offered the job Malky would come here in a heartbeat..the general impression from nearly everyone who commented was that he had made no secret of wanting to manage Norwich if the chance was to arise

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Personally i was well chuffed when Culverhouse came back as part of the Lambert package- one of the classiest players i`ve ever seen in a City shirt and apparently a sound, intelligent bloke off the pitch. Would have thought he`d be up there with Malky if/when Lambert goes.[/quote]Yeh Culverhouse staying as manager if Lambert moves on is something thats been on my mind I will admit !

[quote user="supercol"] I think McNally would try and get O''Neill .[/quote]Didn''t he walk out on Villa because their billionaire owner wouldn''t give him enough money to spend? Hardly think a transfer budget marginally above zero would appeal to him at this stage in his career. I''d welcome him with open arms, of course, but it''d never happen in a million years.

Maybe, maybe not. Apparently he has said he has unfinished business here, but , yes, probably wouldn''t happen. One good thing, if Lambert does go, you know McNally won''t f*ck about, someone will be in quickly.