Sign in to follow this  
Brentwood Yellow

"small club to the north" 4-1 Roy Keane's ipswich

"Clegg says the ground, with a

capacity of just over 30,000, is just one of several building blocks that

convinced Evans the club have huge potential. "We''ve got a massive catchment

area. There is a small club to the north of us [Norwich] that has just been relegated. But if

you go west you have to go all the way to MK Dons, if you go south-west, Colchester apart, you have to go all the way to West

Ham.""

Well, well,

well Mr Clegg.  That "small club to

the north" who average about 8,000 fans a game more certainly gave

your boys a FOUR-midable lesson yesterday. 

Thank you for appointing Roy Keane, it has been a disaster that I have

thoroughly enjoyed.  Long may it continue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/20/roy-keane-simon-clegg-ipswich

Good spot Brentwood Yellow, Was it Clegg who made that ridiculous comment a few years back about Ipswich getting into the Champions League within 5 years? I seem to remember it was someone within the Ipswich board.

[quote user="Brentwood Yellow"]"Clegg says the ground, with a capacity of just over 30,000, is just one of several building blocks that convinced Evans the club have huge potential. "We''ve got a massive catchment area. There is a small club to the north of us [Norwich] that has just been relegated. But if you go west you have to go all the way to MK Dons, if you go south-west, Colchester apart, you have to go all the way to West Ham.""

Well, well, well Mr Clegg.  That "small club to the north" who average about 8,000 fans a game more certainly gave your boys a FOUR-midable lesson yesterday.  Thank you for appointing Roy Keane, it has been a disaster that I have thoroughly enjoyed.  Long may it continue.

[/quote]

Bump. Priceless.

Was anyone else a bit puzzled when the scummers were cheering ironically when the attendance was announced? Really dont know why as we get much higher crowds than they ever do.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Was anyone else a bit puzzled when the scummers were cheering ironically when the attendance was announced? Really dont know why as we get much higher crowds than they ever do.[/quote]Probably just a failed attempt at irony because their stadium has a larger capacity than ours. Portman Road is louder, too, what with all the noise from the jubilant away fans echoing around all those empty seats...

[quote user="Brentwood Yellow"]"Clegg says the ground, with a capacity of just over 30,000, is just one of several building blocks that convinced Evans the club have huge potential. "We''ve got a massive catchment area. There is a small club to the north of us [Norwich] that has just been relegated. But if you go west you have to go all the way to MK Dons, if you go south-west, Colchester apart, you have to go all the way to West Ham.""

Well, well, well Mr Clegg.  That "small club to the north" who average about 8,000 fans a game more certainly gave your boys a FOUR-midable lesson yesterday.  Thank you for appointing Roy Keane, it has been a disaster that I have thoroughly enjoyed.  Long may it continue.

[/quote]

Quite prophetic really, as he also has to look NORTH if he want''s to find us in the league table!

[/quote]

During the game there was one shot of Foghorn Clegghorn on the tele, his facial expression said it all.

I would have loved it if someone had reminded him of this.

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Brentwood Yellow"]"Clegg says the ground, with a capacity of just over 30,000, is just one of several building blocks that convinced Evans the club have huge potential. "We''ve got a massive catchment area. There is a small club to the north of us [Norwich] that has just been relegated. But if you go west you have to go all the way to MK Dons, if you go south-west, Colchester apart, you have to go all the way to West Ham.""

[/quote]

During the game there was one shot of Foghorn Clegghorn on the tele, his facial expression said it all.

I would have loved it if someone had reminded him of this.

[/quote]email it to him! let us know what response you get, especially if it ends with "off" lol!

I love this article.  I loved reading it after we beat them 4-1 and I love it even more after last night''s mauling.http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/20/roy-keane-simon-clegg-ipswichOn The Ball City.