Sign in to follow this  
Heresyourfathersgun

Ipswich sold out

Wouldn''t surprise me there were very few tickets left this time last week.

Davo

Now there''s a surprise! There were several bumper crowds in The Championship this Saturday - over 26k at Coventry and Cardiff - so our derby game attendance will only exceed these gates by a few hundred, at most. Of course, if we had a 30,000+ seater stadium we would probably fill it for Leeds and Ipswich.

I was looking for one ticket for the game, but I have had to request it on Wrath as you''re not allowed to ask about tickets on here!

Got mine bright and early last monday morning when the super members slot went on sale at the Canary store in the mall. I was actually the first in the line to pick one up, as the bloke in front of me actually bought tickets for Leeds instead. We were all utterly dismayed. He''s probably got his reasons or probably is already a season ticket holder though.Cautiously confident we can get the points. Will be the most fiercely contested derby for some time I reckon looking at where we both are in the table. 

Maybe if we had 30000 + we would fill it for Leeds and Ipswich, which would be good as more fans could go to the game.

But they are only 2 games out of the 23 at home in the season so the cost of making the ground that big aren''t viable.

[quote user="Nolly"]Maybe if we had 30000 + we would fill it for Leeds and Ipswich, which would be good as more fans could go to the game. But they are only 2 games out of the 23 at home in the season so the cost of making the ground that big aren''t viable.[/quote]

on the other hand, If we did have a30.000+ stadium they could maybe reduce prices to keep the attenances up,  i will Draft a letter to Aviva, and tell them that Paddy has built thier stadum in the wrong place    

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Now there''s a surprise! There were several bumper crowds in The Championship this Saturday - over 26k at Coventry and Cardiff - so our derby game attendance will only exceed these gates by a few hundred, at most. Of course, if we had a 30,000+ seater stadium we would probably fill it for Leeds and Ipswich.[/quote]

I wondered how long it would be before this came up in fact I thought it would have its own thread. The only reason Leeds has sold out this time is the huge number of Leeds supporters. It took tickets being on general sale for a week before we sold out. The same section of supporters were telling us last year that we needed a 35000 seater stadium. We put in extra seats at a cost of several hundred thousand pound. Luckily McNally had done his sums and realised these would not sell often. To expand to a  35000 seater stadium will cost millions. This money can only be recouped if these missing supporters show every week not just twice a season. And before I hear the old reduce ticket prices and get more people in, how would you propose raising the additional revenue to pay back the millions of extra debt or I suppose you feel the board should carry on subsidising prices that will eventually lead to nothing but administration. With my tin hat on I suggest that if you 2 games a season plus the odd game where we can get promoted guys turned up every week then Lambert would have a much bigger budget and we would have a chance of the promised land quicker. Stupidity based on the crowd for 1 game a season will lead us to complete disaster as will filling the ground by almost giving tickets away

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

We put in extra seats at a cost of several hundred thousand pound. Luckily McNally had done his sums and realised these would not sell often.

[/quote]

--

Not sure I understand that. You''re saying McNally spent a lot of money putting in 1,100 extra seats despite having done his sums and working out they would hardly be needed this season.  How does "luckily" come into that?

And, of course, so far we haven''t needed those extra seats at all. Our highest attendance (25,410) could have been comfortably accommodated within the old capacity. No doubt they will be useful for the Leeds and Ipswich games, but after that? So far our average attendance this season is down on last season.

For those extra seats to make sense we would need an average attendance over the season of around 26,000. At the moment we are running 1,300 below that figure.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

We put in extra seats at a cost of several hundred thousand pound. Luckily McNally had done his sums and realised these would not sell often.

[/quote]

--

Not sure I understand that. You''re saying McNally spent a lot of money putting in 1,100 extra seats despite having done his sums and working out they would hardly be needed this season.  How does "luckily" come into that?

And, of course, so far we haven''t needed those extra seats at all. Our highest attendance (25,410) could have been comfortably accommodated within the old capacity. No doubt they will be useful for the Leeds and Ipswich games, but after that? So far our average attendance this season is down on last season.

For those extra seats to make sense we would need an average attendance over the season of around 26,000. At the moment we are running 1,300 below that figure.

[/quote]

The extra revenue from the 2 sell outs each season would pay for the seats after 3 years, any additional sell out or game after that would also result in profit. Had he built on the City stand and Jarrold as fans were suggesting to the cost of millions we would have added even more serious debt as these fans in reallity come very rarely each season. You must also remember the amount of Norwich supporters watching games at FCR is substantially up on last year. Most of the missing fans to fill the additional seats would be away fans. Comparing our gates year on year at present you will see we are way up. I think however ( maybe I have misunderstood ) we are argueing the same point that in reallity these fans turn up for a couple of games a season and at present we will struggle to sell out unless huge numbers of away supporters attend. The way McNally did it was sensible however and should see extra revenue over the next few seasons.   

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

--

[/quote]

---

1. The extra revenue from the 2 sell outs each season would pay for the seats after 3 years, any additional sell out or game after that would also result in profit.

2.  Had he built on the City stand and Jarrold as fans were suggesting to the cost of millions we would have added even more serious debt as these fans in reallity come very rarely each season.

3. You must also remember the amount of Norwich supporters watching games at FCR is substantially up on last year. Most of the missing fans to fill the additional seats would be away fans. Comparing our gates year on year at present you will see we are way up.

[/quote]

--

1. Are those calculations about the extra revenue from only two games a season from the club or are they yours?

2. That some fans wanted a much bigger stadium is irrelevant to whether adding 1,100 extra seats was a good idea.

3. I''ve not seen any evidence that home fans are "substantially up" but even if true it is irrelevant. I repeat, so far this season our average attendance is down on last season. Away fans - and particularly the pre-adults - have been driven away by our pricing policies. Our gates are not way up. They''re down. And that is what matters when calculating whether it was worth spending money on extra seats.

Unless I''m mistaken I remember that you reported from the NCISA agm that McNally said there he expected from then on that pretty much every home game would be a sell-out. No sign of that so far at all. So far the signs are that the club has done two rather contradictory things.  Spent money on extra seats but then - in a recession - got tougher on pricing. So the seats stay empty most of the time.