Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Surman

IF, and that''s a big if, He was back just in time for the scum game, I don''t think Lambert would start him. Against your rivals, You need a team full of players who have been doing a good job in the last few weeks, and who are all 100% match fit. It''ll obviously be a high tempo, hotly contested match between two sides giving their all to win, and I don''t think any player would be able to cope under that type of mental and physical challenge just days after returning from a long spell out injured. Possibly have him on the bench, and bring him on with 15-20 minutes to go to try and add a bit of quality to the side when the scum''s defence are tiring, plus would give Ipswich''s team a hell of a lot to think about with him coming on as he unlike Lappin/Macca or whoever else is playing on the day.

[quote user="CityLegends04"]Been 2 months since his injury, any ideas when he''ll be back to full fitness?
[/quote]

Think Lambert said at the fans forum on Oct 26th that he was due to start to running early Nov so can''t be long now can it?

It is actually great to think how well we are doing considering we have a load of injuries to first team/squad players. We are still in the chasing pack and have Surman, Nelson, Drury out as well as missing Whitbread, Hughes and S Smith for most of this season.

I really think that we will notice Surman''s impact on the team when he returns.