Sign in to follow this  
Huh?!

Parking At Reading..

Once again I shall be driving to another away game...Has anyone drove before who has got a good idea where to park that is close to the ground? Maybe with a few pubs near by as well??

Personly, would park up at the train station or close by and use the bar there and take one of the buses they offer up to take you to the ground.

If memory serves last time we went the best place to park wa sin the nearby shopping centre/multi storey car park, as for pubs I''m heading to the Hobgoblin (google it)

you can actually park at the stadium.. and it doesnt cost anything.. just get there early! id advise no colours in the car either.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]you can actually park at the stadium.. and it doesnt cost anything.. just get there early! id advise no colours in the car either.[/quote]I live in Reading. Yep you can park at the stadium, but as Jas says get there early - It cost me £7 when ive been before, but thats for rugby, assume it would be the same for footy but cant say for sure. Also can park at the oracle, although expect saturday queues. Heres a list    http://www.reading-travelinfo.co.uk/TravelInformation/TravellingbyCar-Parking/CarParkInformation/If you fancy a few beers then head into town. THe Hobgoblin is nice, Three Guineas (Outside the train station) does good beer. If its lager your after then Zero Degrees (With Microbrewery inside) is my destination of choice. Im going to be in walkabout all day watching the Football, Rugby and Boxing, not the classiest of establishments but its a one-stop-shop for sport.

Around the ground don''t expect a decent pint. I will just reiterate the point that the Hobgoblin is a good little establishment but I get the feeling it will be packed.

Reading really do have one of those awful out of town grounds. It''s surrounded by MFI and Carpet Right etc. (ok I might have the shop names wrong but you get the idea). Iirc the only place to drink is a TGI''s but not having been in there I don''t know what it''s like on a match day.

They did the last time I went there have those guys wandering around with the beer in their backpacks though.

Davo