Sign in to follow this  
Hellesdon Canary

Tonights Game

For me Lambert doesn''t have the players available to make the diamond work this evening, so maybe this sort of team would do a job for one game:

Ruddy

Martin   Barnett   Ward   Lappin

Smith   Fox

McNamee  Hoolahan  Martin

Holt  

This is just a case of fitting our best players into a formation, I think it could be pretty effective away from home though.

Agree with you 100%

Don''t try and shoehorn everyone into the diamond. Millwall ain''t at full strength either so go for them.

Chris Martin cutting in to shoot on his right foot is his favoured move, also lets fox just stay back and pass the ball simply, good outlets for him in hoolahan and macnamee. I''d like to see us start home games like this, crofts is better off the leash and playing a passer like fox who just stays back is better than someone who might be a better tackler but is scared/useless with the ball.

I thought about it, but I went for Martin as we already had a pacy winger one side I thought the long range shooting ability of Martin would be of more use to us the pace. Martin''s crossing for Holt would also be a lot better than Jackson who is purely a finisher.

[quote user="Hellesdon Canary"]

For me Lambert doesn''t have the players available to make the diamond work this evening, so maybe this sort of team would do a job for one game:

Ruddy

Martin   Barnett   Ward   Lappin

Smith   Fox

McNamee  Hoolahan  Martin

Holt  

This is just a case of fitting our best players into a formation, I think it could be pretty effective away from home though.

[/quote]

I really like this formation - with Crofts unavailable, playing two deeper midfielders makes sense. I''d be confident if this formation occurred!

That 4-2-3-1 formation looks good on paper but didn''t we try that formation against Doncaster?  Look what happened there.

I wouldn''t mind seeing this team;

Ruddy

R.Martin        Ward      Barnett      Lappin

Gill

K.Smith         Fox

Hoolahan

Holt       Jackson

Team news from Millwall site:Norwich City: Ruddy, Martin, Holt, Hoolahan, Fox,

C.Martin, Smith, Lappin, Barnett, E.Ward, McNamee.Subs: Rudd, Gill,

Jackson, Johnson, Daley, Dawkin, Askou.

[quote user="Northluck C."]Team news from Millwall site:

Norwich City: Ruddy, Martin, Holt, Hoolahan, Fox, C.Martin, Smith, Lappin, Barnett, E.Ward, McNamee.

Subs: Rudd, Gill, Jackson, Johnson, Daley, Dawkin, Askou.
[/quote]

So I presume a 4-4-2 of;

Ruddy

Martin      Ward         Barnett      Lappin

McNamee      Smith      Fox       Hoolahan

Holt            C.Martin

There''s always some poor delusional fool mentioned on Radio Snorefolk that thinks we will get an easy win or a heavy beating.

Davo

With three strikers out and an 18 year-old coming in for his debut, we really should be looking to win this.  

This seems to happen nearly every other game, but is anyone having problems with canary player? In the past there have been a few times where commentary has cut out, but there isn''t even a play option on my account at the moment. Has really been worth the money so far...

[quote user="South West Canary"]

This seems to happen nearly every other game, but is anyone having problems with canary player? In the past there have been a few times where commentary has cut out, but there isn''t even a play option on my account at the moment. Has really been worth the money so far...

[/quote]

Used to do that to me when I had a really poor internet speed, maybe it could be that.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="South West Canary"]

[/quote]

Used to do that to me when I had a really poor internet speed, maybe it could be that.

[/quote]

I used to always have trouble until i stopped using internet explorer, and changed to firefox

Ah ok...signal is supposedly good but who knows?! Keep me updated then guys..your my ears at the moment!How was the Ruddy save described?