Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Andrew Crofts only player I can see in the prem from our squad...

currently.

And that is the important thing currently.

He is the only box to box midfielder we have had for a number of years that has had quality all over, he has the full range of passes, vision, ability in the box to be creative and score goals.

He is the only box to box midfielder who is exactly that but also a genuine presence in both boxes, either tackling, blocking, tracking back or crossing, dribbling, shooting and being a nuisance

He is the only box to box midfielder who can disrupt the play in the middle of the park find the easy ball, dictate the pace, block, put in a tackle that we have had for years.

Forget etuhu, francis or holt (that are all held in some high regard), these guys could do about two or three of these things but not the whole package.

Crofts is for me head and shoulders for player of the season so far, although super sub mcnamee could have a running if he continues to change the game when he comes on. But so far he is nowhere as consistent (hence on the bench and impact player role) as crofts.

Holt could run with the best of them, couldn''t pass or shoot, francis was an all rounder but still not as passionate in the tackle or pacey, etuhu again not comfortable in the opponents box.

Crofts culd play for a blackburn, bolton type team, even teams like Everton. Ok they already have players in the role, holden, muamba etc. but he is that type of player and could step up in my opinion.

So even though Hoolahoops may get the attention and we debate if his size or some of his limitations needing space etc. may hinder him in the prem. Crofts is well suited and any promoted team would be wise to look at Crofts.

Now in an earlier post I commented we do not have a player worth the amount we would need to bring in some more genuine quality if we sold him. I would value Crofts at 1- 1.5million, high but I would try and put off any suitors as I feel we haven''t had a player of his mould for years and next year he would only become better.

But when I see Sean St Ledger from PNE being valued at 4million it then puts the whole valuation thing up in the air, I certainly don''t rate many in this division at 4 million.

We''ll see how the rest of the season pans out, but right now Crofts can be satisfied that he is putting in great performances, that if only we had a player like him in the huckerby era instead of hughes, jarrett and robinson, things could have been very different. But now we have him, we have a player that is going to only get better.

I think that is a bit unfair. We look like being a top half championship side which is a considerable move forward. The Blackpool squad is giving it a go in the premiership and many of their squad would have been written off before they surprised everyone with promotion and then their good efforts to date

You think Blackpool at this point last season thought any/many of their players could do it? They didn''t exactly spend loads, and still use a number of their championship side, and at the moment are doing fine....

Its not individuals, its down to the team as a whole, how the individuals fit together, how the manager makes them play, and down to each individual match.....we beat Man.U 2-0, and then a month or two later, lost 6-0 to Fulham to send us down.....So, did Ashton, Mckenzie, Hucks, etc lose their ability to play for that final game?

IF anything, Crofts is nothing like a Premire league player, who would you compare him to? His job is probably most similar to Essiens, how close is he to Essien?

You obviously missed Surman, Ward and Drury who have all been to the Prem and done it before then??? [:|]

I take your point in regard to ward and barnett who could be in a promoted teams defence, but I wouldn''t buy them if your centre halves have just won you promotion. So I do feel they are capable but would be very much squad players.

Surman, unfortunately never had an opportunity and certinly I feel he will be like a new signing to us when he returns, which is great. Agree he could be, but as my post pointed out, I am saying currently the form of crofts is good enough to be a starter for some teams in the prem.

I think crofts could well fit the system of that box to box midfielder that etuhu does for fulham etc. But it is my view.

Drury on the other hand, would play if we went up but no one is going to be thinking wish we had drudy rather than there current left back. I always think he found his level, championship and as mentioned, currently he is not prem. quality

Again my view, but for a player to be in a first team squad of a prem team is crofts, quite a leap from brighton.