Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Millwall Match report now on www.dh6.co.uk

I thought 0-0 would have been a fair result. Neither side really looked like scoring, other than the one Millwall put over the bar at the very end of the first half, they only really had half chances. I agree completely on McNamee, he was poor.

Other than the 5 minutes leading up to half time I thought we were very comfortable. At 74 mins I''d have been pleased with a point to draw like that is tough to stomach, but that''s football. I''m sure we''ll gain more points in the last 5 than we''ll lose.

I agree Barnett was a rock at the back. It was clear we missed Crofts in the first half (so many misplaced passes - Hoolahan a particular culprit) but we got it together in the second. I was pretty gutted last night, but having slept on it I''m happy with a draw.The ''atmosphere'' from the home fans was awful, their attempts to ''charge'' the away section (which is a completely seperate stand) are laughable. I don''t think I''ve ever felt less intimidated. Sounded a bit like Battersea Cats'' Home when they tried their ''Miiiiiiiiiiiiiilllll'' chant.

A little harsh on Mcnamee maybe, as I thought he was a little lost in a very disjointed formation, especially in the 1st half. Like you say, his job is to deliver balls into the box and cause problems from the flanks, which he did not do.

I have watched Norwich 7 or 8 times this season, and I think Millwall were by far the poorest team we have played.There wasn''t one player in the Millwall side that made me sit up and take note & the muted home crowd said it all really.

Norwich did ok, but still should have won the game. On reflection I think it is a big two pints dropped for us. Shame Holt didn''t bury his chance near the end which he should have done. Once he had turned the two defenders, hw simply needed to place it into either corner which would have left the unsighted keeper routed to the spot.

Apart from the result, I was a little dissappointed with Grant Holt. He needs to start winning balls and providing the same kind of service as last year. I know we have gone up a division in standard, but there is no excuse for not jumping for headers and putting yourself about. I think he needs to re-focus on his own game rather than constantly moaning at his own players and the officials. If he put as much effort and thought into playing as he did with goading the home crowd, we would see a much improved Grant Holt!!

[quote user="s10_yellow"]The ''atmosphere'' from the home fans was awful, their attempts to ''charge'' the away section (which is a completely seperate stand) are laughable. I don''t think I''ve ever felt less intimidated. Sounded a bit like Battersea Cats'' Home when they tried their ''Miiiiiiiiiiiiiilllll'' chant.[/quote]I agree with this.  It was the first time I''ve been to Millwall and I was bracing myself for this intimidating, noisy bunch of supporters I''d heard about.  Oh dear...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="s10_yellow"]The ''atmosphere'' from the home fans was awful, their attempts to ''charge'' the away section (which is a completely seperate stand) are laughable. I don''t think I''ve ever felt less intimidated. Sounded a bit like Battersea Cats'' Home when they tried their ''Miiiiiiiiiiiiiilllll'' chant.[/quote]I agree with this.  It was the first time I''ve been to Millwall and I was bracing myself for this intimidating, noisy bunch of supporters I''d heard about.  Oh dear...[/quote]To be fair last year they were very noisy. Not sure what made the difference this time, but I''d guess that most of their ''hooligans'' probably aren''t allowed out late on a school night...

you''d have thought there''d be a few more fans there because it can be quite a intimidating place to go, i can remember a few years back playing there for man City when we didn''t have any away fans, they were throwing banana''s at Goats, shocking behaviour

I remember a bad tempered game a few years ago when a certain Kevin Muscatt got sent off for a challenge on one of ours......

Anyway, back to last nights game and I thought a poor game was pretty even until there was some kind of incident involving Holt and martin at the far end. This seemed to spark a reaction from the home fans which seemed to rattle the ref who then gave that crazy free kick against Ward. By the end of the first half we were hanging on and only Ruddy had kept us in it. McNamee and Wes were both quiet and inneffective and we were much better after the substitutions were made. Seems a strange thing to say, but had McNamee been sub he may well have come off the bench in the last 20 minutes and caused havoc  for Millwalls tiring defence. I''m certainly one of those in favour of using McNamee in this way rather than starting him.

Just wondered Hucks why you think that players like '''' little Mac '''' make such an inpact and can change a game when they come on in the 2nd half and yet when they play the whole 90 mins tey don''t cut the mustard?

Nice preview, thanks

And further to CA''s question, did you ever change your game if you found yourself not getting into a match, Hucks?