Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Can we make room for Fox in our 1st XI?

We''ve known the guy has quality but that he doesn''t give the steel Crofts does. He is a major asset when we have the ball. Less so when we don''t. But Lambert, through his own tactical nous and through necessity, is starting to see the squad get better at adapting and playing different formations. His subs v Burnley and last night were absolute genius and both involved major reshuffles. Who thought taking off McNamee and Hoolahan, two of our most attacking players, would have the effect it did?I definitely like the idea of a Fox/Crofts centre pairing in a 4-4-2, with Korey right and Surman left, and McNamee as an impact player to bring on on either wing. As for Holt, i think he is starting to have self confidence problems which he needs to get hold of. When he''s struggling for form, he tries to make up for it by bigging up his role as chief agitator! He should concentrate on his game more. I think he''s good enough for this league, maybe he''s starting to doubt it the longer he goes without scoring. How long before we see Simeon Martin? Chrissy playing just off Jackson could work very well if you ask me.

I think that the time will come for Holt to have a rest (or suspension) and it will be interesting to see how a Martin-Jackson partnership might work. For now though, Holt is still so important as Captain and leader of the team and his awareness is still amazing. His through ball to Martin in the first half was top class and would be getting more attention now if Martin had done better. Five goals and even more assists are still critical to how City are where they are. I would keep faith with Martin this week and keep Jackson and McNamee in reserve as impact players.

As for Fox, I would rather see him on the left of the diamond, with Smith on the right and Crofts deep as Hoolahan supports the strikers. He has improved his tracking back and combines well with the other 3 MF players. Reading have some quality players and will provide a tougher test than Millwall, who had their top strikers missing.

433 ive been saying it for a while now

obvious back 4

with korey crofts fox in a flat 3 in the middle.

and holt martin upfront with wes just off them a lot higher up the pitch.

I''d really love to see Crofts at the base, Fox and Surman in e middle and Hoolahan at the tip of the diamond, with Korey to come on and hassle a tired midfield and Maca to come on and do his thing.

All I am going to say here is ...Isn''t it nice to actually sit there and think... Oh crap... who to play ?? In a good way ?!Lappin, Fox, K.Smith, Crofts all deserve places in the starting line up !Then with Surman as well when hes fit !Think the only no go area for me is Macnamme, in the current state of play its proven hes a 60 min + shock player as opposed to a starter / grinder.Although ive been saying that for awhile, he never seems to have the same effect when started.