Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Matt Gill / Norwich Ratings vs Millwall ??

Anyone at the Millwall game share to give the Norwich players a /10 rating for performance ?I hold a season ticket so get quite frustraited when people claim " xxxxxx had a good game" when all they have to go by is the radio commentary which ends up a little bias.In this case, all I have to go by is the radio and it "appeared" that Holt had upped his game a bit after the failure  (regarding his performance ) against Burnley.So, anyone got some ratings ?? As the heading suggests im interested to see what people thought about Gill, as a lot of people were writing him off in the summer ( me included)

Yeah I thought the same..on the radio it seemed that Holt had a better game and was positvely involved in most of our attacks. Likewise Ruddy along with Barnett seemed to be our best players last night, but I''m sure I read somewhere that Holt was poor again and Ruddy recieved more stick

Ruddy - 6- quality save in first half and looked pretty solid, but i would still like to see him command the area a lot more, if he could do that we would concede less goals.

Martin - 6 - Thought he did fairly well, was beaten a few times in first half but was also left very exposed.

Barnett - 8 - Won pretty much everything he went for, even against Shittu.

Ward - 7 - solid game

Lappin - 5 - did his best without doubt but dived in to many times we he needs to cut out when he is left back.

Fox - 7 - played very well for me and took the goal brilliantly.

Smith - 7 - worked hard as always, showed some bursts of skill throughout the game

Macnamee - 5 - very very quiet throughout the game. No suprise when he went off.

Hoolahan - 6 - His usual self in a game where he is out muscled and found himself isolated a lot, no suprise he went off as wasnt effective.

Martin- 7 - Could have done better with his chances in the first half especially. Looked good when he dropped into the hole as well.

Holt 6 - Spent to much time winding up just about any Millwall player/fan in the stadium and but did not win enough flick ons and could have done better with a couple of chances he had.

Subs:

Gill - 6- did well when he came on midfield looked a lot more solid with him korey and fox in it.

Jackson - 6 - livened things up and we looked more threatening when he came on, if he had of been brought on earlier may have affected the game a lot more.

I think a 6 is right for Ruddy - simply because he didn''t have much to do, and although he made two good saves, they were saves he would be expected to make and had he not made them he would have been lambasted. To me, a 6 is a "Good" performance.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]How can you give Ruddy only a 6? The way I saw it he kept us in the game.[/quote]Agreed.ruddy 7martin 5ward 8barnett 7lappin 6smith 5fox 7hoolahan 5mcnamme 4holt 5martin 6