Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

A POINT AWAY FROM HOME IS GOOD!

Before the moaners come on here, I''d have took a point before the game, so I am happy with the result. Yeah, would''ve liked all 3, but we can''t get greedy now.

Good night.

Yes I agree, but we look shiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttt off every corner, whether it''s 1st minute or last.. such school boy stuff!

Yeh it is, except when you''re 1 nil up until the last kick of the game when the oppoisition score from yet another bloody set piece!

[quote user="Brendo "]

Before the moaners come on here, I''d have took a point before the game, so I am happy with the result. Yeah, would''ve liked all 3, but we can''t get greedy now.

Good night.

[/quote]

Greedy? WTF[:^)]

[quote user="Brendo "]

Good night.

[/quote]

The problem is our home form is not anywhere near good enough to settle for just a point away from home. The fact is our squad clearly needs strengthing. We were outplayed by a a millwall team also depleted by injuries. Im gutted we chucked two points especially with our next three fixtures.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Brendo "]

Good night.

[/quote]

The problem is our home form is not anywhere near good enough to settle for just a point away from home.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on !!!

Can you "experts" just remind me where we were exactly 14 months ago ? Jeezuuss we are in a play off spot virtually a third of the way through the season but hey don''t let me get in the way of a good old moan.

I''m fuming with this team, we concede another stupid corner goal. If we want to be successful, then we have to stop this and bloody beat these teams. Well annoyed and all this crap about a point away is good bla bla bla is peeing me off.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''m fuming with this team, we concede another stupid corner goal. If we want to be successful, then we have to stop this and bloody beat these teams. Well annoyed and all this crap about a point away is good bla bla bla is peeing me off.[/quote]

Not one to be a pessimist but I agree with you. Strengthening needed in January, especially up front.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Can you "experts" just remind me where we were exactly 14 months ago ? Jeezuuss we are in a play off spot virtually a third of the way through the season but hey don''t let me get in the way of a good old moan.

[/quote]Fully agree - how surprising that the usual moaners bang on about Milwall''s depleted squad, whereas we have at least four injuries to key players (Drury, Smith, Surman, Whitbread), and a suspension to another massive player for us.Absolutely gutted we couldn''t hold on, but we are fifth in the table after over one third of the season gone. There''s always room for improvement, but look how far we''ve come in under a single season under Lambert.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''m fuming with this team, we concede another stupid corner goal. If we want to be successful, then we have to stop this and bloody beat these teams. Well annoyed and all this crap about a point away is good bla bla bla is peeing me off.[/quote]But we didn''t hear many people complaining after we scraped a last minute draw against Burnley.Some you win, some you lose......

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Now then tilly, what have we said about the use of common sense on this forum ? [;)]

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Fully agree - how surprising that the usual moaners bang on about Milwall''s depleted squad, whereas we have at least four injuries to key players (Drury, Smith, Surman, Whitbread), and a suspension to another massive player for us.Absolutely gutted we couldn''t hold on, but we are fifth in the table after over one third of the season gone.

There''s always room for improvement, but look how far we''ve come in under a single season under Lambert.[/quote]

I''m sorry but whitbread cannot be described as a key player. We currently have a very competitive squad with bags of spirit, if we could just add two or three quality signings then I believe we can last the distance at the top of the table. If not then mid table at best which tbh I would have taken at the start of the season and still would now.

We have four very tough games now that could see us extend our winless run and slip down the table which is ridiculously tight

I''m gutted we threw it away in the last minute,yes it''s frustrating and our defending from set pieces is simply woefull.I''m also gutted we''re dropping away from the play offs.BUT if you would of told me at the start of last season or the start of this season we would be above half way I would of been very happy,as i will if we finish there.Yes It''s easy to get carried away with our start and yes it would be great if we had a push to the play offs.I don''t wish to appear negative but when we''ve got 50 points on the  board only then will I be looking at play off positions.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I''m fuming with this team, we concede another stupid corner goal. If we want to be successful, then we have to stop this and bloody beat these teams. Well annoyed and all this crap about a point away is good bla bla bla is peeing me off.[/quote]But we didn''t hear many people complaining after we scraped a last minute draw against Burnley.Some you win, some you lose......[/quote]

The problem is, by my calculations, that''s only 1 win in the last 6. Yes, we may be 5th but we''re only 3 points off 14th! A win today would have been very welcome in the circumstances.

I''m on my way home from the game, it was for the most part scrappy and cagey, but having gone in front we should have won. We held them off easily until a scrappy foal from the corner. Whilst Millwall were depleted, that was only upfront, we had injuries in key places defence and midfield. No doubt who will be most pleased with a point - but that''s not to say we shouldn''t be happy either.

Onwards and upwards, we certainly have no need to fear anyone in this league even if we do lose a few we should draw and draw a few we should win.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]I''m gutted we threw it away in the last minute,yes it''s frustrating and our defending from set pieces is simply woefull.I''m also gutted we''re dropping away from the play offs.BUT if you would of told me at the start of last season or the start of this season we would be above half way I would of been very happy,as i will if we finish there.
Yes It''s easy to get carried away with our start and yes it would be great if we had a push to the play offs.I don''t wish to appear negative but when we''ve got 50 points on the  board only then will I be looking at play off positions.
[/quote]

" I''m also gutted we''re dropping away from the play offs"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you just run that by me again as i must have missed something when i looked at the league table?[:O]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Fully agree - how surprising that the usual moaners bang on about Milwall''s depleted squad, whereas we have at least four injuries to key players (Drury, Smith, Surman, Whitbread), and a suspension to another massive player for us.Absolutely gutted we couldn''t hold on, but we are fifth in the table after over one third of the season gone.

There''s always room for improvement, but look how far we''ve come in under a single season under Lambert.[/quote]

I''m sorry but whitbread cannot be described as a key player. We currently have a very competitive squad with bags of spirit, if we could just add two or three quality signings then I believe we can last the distance at the top of the table. If not then mid table at best which tbh I would have taken at the start of the season and still would now.

We have four very tough games now that could see us extend our winless run and slip down the table which is ridiculously tight[/quote]Really? Well if Whitbread isn''t a key player for us, then Nelson must be, and he''s out too. I agree that two players + Barney, along with Surman and Drury returning would give us the impetus to cement our place in the playoffs, but January is still a fair way off, and as you say, we only have 2 points from 9, and have some tricky games coming up.It''s vital we maintain a sense of perspective at this crucial stage of the season as supporters, and make sure we let the boys know how good a job they''re doing so far when playing at Carrow Road. I think 6/9 points is achievable out of the next 3 games, so let''s not go overboard with the moaning!f

[quote]Onwards and upwards, we certainly have no need to fear anyone in this

league even if we do lose a few we should draw and draw a few we should

win.[/quote]Exactly Kent - There are 3 teams that are a cut above, QPR, Cardiff, and Swansea.  And we''ve beaten Swansea at home and drawn at QPR.  The rest is anybody can beat anyone else territory, and we are winning more than we are losing.  We have as good a chance as any other team, in fact we have a better chance than most because our lot play for their boss and to the final whistle.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Onwards and upwards, we certainly have no need to fear anyone in this league even if we do lose a few we should draw and draw a few we should win.[/quote]

Exactly Kent - There are 3 teams that are a cut above, QPR, Cardiff, and Swansea.  And we''ve beaten Swansea at home and drawn at QPR.  The rest is anybody can beat anyone else territory, and we are winning more than we are losing.  We have as good a chance as any other team, in fact we have a better chance than most because our lot play for their boss and to the final whistle.
[/quote]

I wouldn''t say Swansea are in the same class as QPR or Cardiff.

I didn''t hear much whinging when City scored a last minute equaliser not so long back....Swings and roundabouts..... and Grant Holt did the business yet again.......

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]I''m gutted we threw it away in the last minute,yes it''s frustrating and our defending from set pieces is simply woefull.I''m also gutted we''re dropping away from the play offs.BUT if you would of told me at the start of last season or the start of this season we would be above half way I would of been very happy,as i will if we finish there.
Yes It''s easy to get carried away with our start and yes it would be great if we had a push to the play offs.I don''t wish to appear negative but when we''ve got 50 points on the  board only then will I be looking at play off positions.
[/quote]???? We have gone up 2 places to 5th.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]I''m gutted we threw it away in the last minute,yes it''s frustrating and our defending from set pieces is simply woefull.I''m also gutted we''re dropping away from the play offs.BUT if you would of told me at the start of last season or the start of this season we would be above half way I would of been very happy,as i will if we finish there.Yes It''s easy to get carried away with our start and yes it would be great if we had a push to the play offs.I don''t wish to appear negative but when we''ve got 50 points on the  board only then will I be looking at play off positions.[/quote]

" I''m also gutted we''re dropping away from the play offs"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you just run that by me again as i must have missed something when i looked at the league table?[:O]

[/quote]Well thats a result we''re higher than I thought.As close as the league is I thought we would of gone down places not up tonight hehe

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well thats a result we''re higher than I thought.As close as the league is I thought we would of gone down places not up tonight hehe
[/quote]

Look-think-post.

Personally I would have been less annoyed if that had happened at QPR, or Cardiff. But to let a team that aren''t having a great run steal 2 points from us from in the 94th minute is a bit disappointing.

On the flip side look at it this way. They were happy with a Home Draw, we were annoyed at an Away Draw. So that kind of shows what sort of place we are in mentally at the moment

I.S. states we were without 4 key players. Correction 1 - Drury. We have seen little of Smith and so far nobody on here as shown any great support for him. Surman has hardly played to make any judgement. Whitbread - doubt if we will ever see him play again, and what I have seen has proved nothing yet.

Compared with us Millwall were severely depleted and were there for the taking. We simply were quite poor not able to string any passes together and had barely a shot on goal. Lets be honest we have struggled to create much in the way of scoring chances for most of the season.

Accept we are much better placed than 12 months ago and should not be too critical. What is frustrating is that this division is full of very average teams and it would be nice to see some quality football now and again. Having said that the Premiership is not exactly breathtaking.

I am an admirer of Paul Lambert and he obviously has to be positive. But to call Tuesday''s performance as excellent is a bit over the top.