Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

I witnessed a kickin' tonight - and it wasn't on the pitch...

Listen, I will not have judgements (even by association) made about what happened at Forest....it was nothing like the game last night. I have held my tongue while others have passed judgement on the events at Forest. I have read what others think about how and why these things happen and most of it is jus B/S In fact the majority of these opinions are from people who never go to games , home or away. So just how they would know is beyond me.

People love to write rubbish and love to judge, especially on here, but without any knowledge of the ''facts'' If I offer to meet anyone in ''real life'' why would you think that it would be to ''fight them''. Grow up for god''s sake. there''s more to life than trying to prove ''I''m harder than you''. People (just about all people) would never talk to each other face to face like they do on here. Neither would they judge a person by saying ''he''s off his face''. How do you know? explain. how? Because someone is lively and jumping around. Acting differently to you, does that make them drunk? or different? If, as explained, someone was wearing a morph suit and bare feet. How long could they stay ''drunk'' in that weather? It was bloody freezing last night. Cold enough to sober anyone IF they were drunk.

Keep judging....one day you might be right.   

And your basing your very inaccurate views on what? The past perhaps. It''s easy to believe everything you read imthe papers ain''t it...................are you still going into administration? Because I read that in the NOTW,it must be true because the papers said so! It''s called lazy journalism you prat and people like you believe!

We don''t have problems with every police force, admittedly the minority used to have a go all over but not so much anymore. The birmingham game which was almost a decade ago was a one off. West ham last season, all charges were dropped against us. The only old bill which we repeatedly have trouble with are west Yorkshire and let''s face it they are notorious for being heavy handed.

So City 1st where does your bullshit come from?

We aren''t really interested in clowns anyway. What I want to know from you Albi is have we got a player for the future or did we buy a dud?

In all honesty you have bought a quality CB however as you have noticed he is very injury prone. We had Shitbread for 4 years and he only played 100 games. If you get him fit and keep him fit he will quite possibly be your best CB.

Here''s hoping he gets fit and stays fit then. Elliott Ward is quality and I think Barnett compliments him perfectly making a good pair. If AlbinoZak was to get fit we could play all three at the back and operate with wing backs which could then be another formation that would suit Hoolahan.

"In fact the majority of these opinions are from people who never go to games , home or away."

or

"People love to write rubbish and love to judge, especially on here, but without any knowledge of the ''facts'' "

Can we presume that the first statement is a fact ........ or is it a judgement, perhaps ?

Can I assume that MTV is on the blob? Oh, I better not say that, I''ll get a PM with his number for a roll around....

None of the posts on here were about your precious son, by the way, if you think he doesn''t drink, then you wern''t a teenager. They were talking about Millwall, you have done far more judging that all the rest on here.

I only deal in facts...you only have tolook at the timing of some of the posts to see that some of these blockheads dont go to the game.

And all of my sons, all of them are precious......obviously you haven''t got any kids. (judgement)

I only ever post from my iPhone, as I''m sure many others do to, so the timing of posts is irrelevant to the extent it''s not actually while the match is going on, and also some people live in east London and couldn''t been home in 20-30 mins

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]I only ever post from my iPhone, as I''m sure many others do to, so the timing of posts is irrelevant to the extent it''s not actually while the match is going on, and also some people live in east London and couldn''t been home in 20-30 mins[/quote]

I cant see anyone that has posted on this thread that is from east London?

[quote user="mtv"]

I dont normally lose my temper with what people write on websites but you, mate are a dick! Firstly my son was not drunk, he did nothing to derserve the broken nose that he got at forest. He also did not contact anyone in the press about the incident.

Tell me this cock! just what do you know about what happened? Why do you say he was drunk? He is 16 doesnt drink and is just a normal kid who loves his football. If you want to make slanderous comments, come and make them to me. I will p m my number and will be pleased to meet you to discuss it.

Till then keep your gob shut unless you know just what you are talking about...ok?  

[/quote]

Look mate, I was at Forest, your son was dressed as a gimp, making every hand gesture going to forest fans, and constantly abusing them. Are you really that suprised he got a slap?

Also why are millwall fans scum for retaliating to a moron goading them?

Its city fans like the green gimp and ronald mcdonald that give us a bad name.

Ist things first I aint your ''mate'' secondly just about everyone (bar you) said my son did nothing to warrant a busted nose. If dessing up gives fans a bad name I''d be very suprised, it''s more likely narrow mind twonks like you, that do that.

[quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]I only ever post from my iPhone, as I''m sure many others do to, so the timing of posts is irrelevant to the extent it''s not actually while the match is going on, and also some people live in east London and couldn''t been home in 20-30 mins[/quote] I cant see anyone that has posted on this thread that is from east London?[/quote]

Me...and there are some other people who live in South East London...happy now?

[quote user="mtv"]Ist things first I aint your ''mate'' secondly just about everyone (bar you) said my son did nothing to warrant a busted nose. If dessing up gives fans a bad name I''d be very suprised, it''s more likely narrow mind twonks like you, that do that.[/quote]

Although everyone accepted that it wasn''t a justified attack, it was widely acknowledged at the time that he was winding up the home fans in the ground was it not? I seem to recall there was widespread disapproval, but relatively little surprise.

Secondly, you''re confusing two very seperate issues - 1) dressing up, and 2) acting like a moron and goading Millwall fans (yes, Millwall fans not Forest fans, the incident that this thread is actually about, and not Forest....).

No it wasnt actually, it was agreed there was ''banter'' but that was all and certainly nothing that deserved a broken nose.....I just wonder what kind of world some of you live in ffs? Just when is it ''ok to smash someone in the face? Lets talk about Millwall, then should we. I was not there so could not give a reasoned explaination but I was at Qpr and was next to these guys, there were attracting attention ok but nothing that could  be an excuse for a hiding..(is there such a thing at a football match?) So I can only assume that the behaviour was no worse at Millwall. I have spoken to others who said they were not drunk despite the obsevations of some on here, yep they were pretty wound up for the game but anyone who knows that group they always are. When they left the ground, a steward sent them the wrong way and straight into a gang of about 10/15 Millwall fans who just lashed out at them, the police were there in seconds and no one got hurt (not much anyway).

Getting back to life in general.....next time any of us see''s a gobby funnily dressed individual, I take it that it will be ok to go and punch him in the face then will it?  Lets face it..he will be asking for it!!!   my god what kind of world do you lot live in? (and dont say the real one because thats just crap!) 

For what it''s worth my 2 penneth,

I''ve resisted the urge to get involved here as Millwall was the first away game this season I''ve missed so cannot comment. But I feel things are getting a little heated and it needs to calm down.

MTV first of all you can''t get uppity of people calling you mate when you did it first one page 2

The Millwall incident sounds completely different to the Forest one as the boys in the morph suits were outside the ground chanting in colours etc.

The lad at Forest was not he was in the ground, I was near him I understand he''s MTV''s son and I''m appalled he was hit as I am by all football violence, unfortunately though I am unsurprised, not because he deserved it or because he was asking for it (who would?) but because he was making gestures (as many Norwich fans were) in an outfit that makes him easily identifiable after the game. If you really think dressing in a morphsuit and goading the home fans when you have to walk through them is a good idea then it was a naive one. I am not saying he deserved it and I don''t think other posters on here are but surely you can accept that if there were Forest fans who wanted to hit him they would easily be able to find him, personally I thought at the time that wearing that he must be getting on Cabbage. Of course it could have just been a spontaneous attack in which case all the debate is frivolous.

All football violence is wrong, you should be able to sing and support in any manner you like, however the lads at Millwall must have been aware that chanting as they were doing wasn''t going to end well, the recent incidents highlight an increase in football violence that I''m noticing from the Conference to Premier I''ve been at more games now than in the 90s with jumped up wasters who think it''s ok to attack people based on a team they support which is just pathetic.

OTBC

[quote user="Standard"]For what it''s worth my 2 penneth, I''ve resisted the urge to get involved here as Millwall was the first away game this season I''ve missed so cannot comment. But I feel things are getting a little heated and it needs to calm down. MTV first of all you can''t get uppity of people calling you mate when you did it first one page 2 The Millwall incident sounds completely different to the Forest one as the boys in the morph suits were outside the ground chanting in colours etc. The lad at Forest was not he was in the ground, I was near him I understand he''s MTV''s son and I''m appalled he was hit as I am by all football violence, unfortunately though I am unsurprised, not because he deserved it or because he was asking for it (who would?) but because he was making gestures (as many Norwich fans were) in an outfit that makes him easily identifiable after the game. If you really think dressing in a morphsuit and goading the home fans when you have to walk through them is a good idea then it was a naive one. I am not saying he deserved it and I don''t think other posters on here are but surely you can accept that if there were Forest fans who wanted to hit him they would easily be able to find him, personally I thought at the time that wearing that he must be getting on Cabbage. Of course it could have just been a spontaneous attack in which case all the debate is frivolous. All football violence is wrong, you should be able to sing and support in any manner you like, however the lads at Millwall must have been aware that chanting as they were doing wasn''t going to end well, the recent incidents highlight an increase in football violence that I''m noticing from the Conference to Premier I''ve been at more games now than in the 90s with jumped up wasters who think it''s ok to attack people based on a team they support which is just pathetic. OTBC[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, and those that I tried to express above but nowhere near as well as this. Thanks.

Not so and not by some little bit either, I had the privilege of walking out next to them.

After the game I decided to wait around for a few minutes and let the area clear a bit, you had two routes to take, one was via the path to the train the other brought you face to face with the departing Milwall support.

Anyway I stood a few feet from the lads in question and watched with a fair degree of trepidation as they got themselves ready for their ‘walk’ out of the ground.

Were they really going to do what I thought they were going to do? You are damn right they were much to the amazement of the stewards, police, our support and indeed the Milwall support. Be assured it actually took a good few seconds for their antics to register with the Milwall, could anybody be so stupid? damn right they could.

At this point me and my fellow Yellow took a few paces to one side, and walked a reasonable rate out of the ground as we listened to Morph and his little mate singing their St Pauli song that within a matter of moments was drowned out by the ubiquitous “”Miiiiillllwwwwaaaallllllllll” and of course “You take it, you take it, you really , really take it” and I’m sure you can imagine the rest.

They knew what they were doing alright and there is a whole lot more I can say on the subject but I will sign of with this.

Had I have taken my own lad to the game would I really want to be stood next to these couple of Nimrods whilst they engage in some dubious form of metrosexual experiment with one of the most notorious sets of football supports on the face of the earth, possibly not.

And yes I do go to games, all of them home and away, I don’t wear Stone Island and I am not a member of the EDL

Standard, I agree with most of what you say. The ''mate'' thing was me getting upperty. It just amazes me that people getting smashed in the face is an ''accepted'' thing. I go to all home games and some away and I''m not that choosy either. I find that just about all fans are ok. Ofcourse you get the idiots on both sides of the divide, but thats no excuse to just say'' oh well they deserve it'' No one deserves it. (It could clarfiy that but you know what I mean!). Every body goes to football to support their team, to watch football and to have a bit of fun. No one goes there to get smashed in the face. Ofcourse youngsters get a bit lary but is that an excuse?  If it is then there is something wrong. If a kid is shouting his gob off inside a football ground is a reason to assualt him then there''s a lot of kids who are in for a surprise next saturday.

To try and justify it is wrong. The action is wrong, the reasons for it are wrong. It will continue as long as people say ''well thats what you expect''. Over the years I have taken my kids to a lot of grounds and never had a problem and that is how it should be. Just a point, that big fat bloke with the bell who supports portsmouth, he dresses like a clown, he gives it large inside the ground. Anyone going to walk up to him and bust him in the snout when pompy come to the city? No didnt think so.....wonder why?  He desereves it under some on this boards criteria!

[quote user="mtv"]

Standard, I agree with most of what you say. The ''mate'' thing was me getting upperty. It just amazes me that people getting smashed in the face is an ''accepted'' thing. I go to all home games and some away and I''m not that choosy either. I find that just about all fans are ok. Ofcourse you get the idiots on both sides of the divide, but thats no excuse to just say'' oh well they deserve it'' No one deserves it. (It could clarfiy that but you know what I mean!). Every body goes to football to support their team, to watch football and to have a bit of fun. No one goes there to get smashed in the face. Ofcourse youngsters get a bit lary but is that an excuse?  If it is then there is something wrong. If a kid is shouting his gob off inside a football ground is a reason to assualt him then there''s a lot of kids who are in for a surprise next saturday.

To try and justify it is wrong. The action is wrong, the reasons for it are wrong. It will continue as long as people say ''well thats what you expect''. Over the years I have taken my kids to a lot of grounds and never had a problem and that is how it should be. Just a point, that big fat bloke with the bell who supports portsmouth, he dresses like a clown, he gives it large inside the ground. Anyone going to walk up to him and bust him in the snout when pompy come to the city? No didnt think so.....wonder why?  He desereves it under some on this boards criteria!

[/quote]

I haven''t looked back through, but I don''t recall anyone saying that getting smashed in the face was acceptable, justified or anything else along those lines.

However, referring back to the original post, and Bury''s above, would you expect anything other than that to happen? Yes, it''d be great if we could all go around doing what we want without idiots (the Millwall fans and Forest fans) spoiling it, but sometimes a bit of common sense needs to be applied if you want to stay safe (I''m commenting on Millwall only here). Dressing up and having some banter in the ground doesn''t seem to have been the reason that the lad got whacked in the face based on the witness account of events - which clearly differentiates the incident to that which happened at Forest.

I took one of my sons to the Millwall game on Tuesday & I''ve got to say it wasn''t what I expected.We got there early & had something to eat in the Millwall cafe but far from being hostile we found people friendly & willing to chat about the football.The banter with the Millwall fans was very entertaining once we were in the Norwich tier & it was only a handful of Millwall youth''s in one corner that were being abusive.When we came out of the ground we left via the exit that comes out by the Millwall cafe & subsequently into the Millwall fans leaving their stands but at no time did we feel threatened,in fact there was no hostility unlike at Gillingham the last time I took him there,which coincidentally finished 1-1 with us getting the late equalizer.I do remember hearing some fellow Norwich fans behind us chanting & I thought it perhaps a bit foolhardy at the time & did wonder what may happen to them as they disappeared into the night amongst the Millwall fans.Not sure if it was the same people who got assaulted but they must have been aware of what they were doing & the possibility of getting filled in.Personally, apart from conceding a late goal,it was a good evening, very entertaining,at no time did we feel threatened & we even got Darren Huckerby to take the time to pose with my son for a photo in the stand.I will  definately go back to Millwall again,probably not dressed as a clown or in a morph suit though.

MTV ''mate''

Im not condoning your son getting hit, or the millwall incident.

What my point is is that both WERE winding up the home fans, you may call it banter, but is it banter for me to walk into a random pub dressed as batman and walk up to some fat bloke in the corner and say, oi porky, get the beers in you fat cunt!

No offenece intended, its hard to explain to some people that what they deem as banter others deem as a personal insult.

so no only are these fools dressed as clwons and in morph suits, they''re singing that god awful we love you chant as well. embarrassing.

[quote user="the king"]so no only are these fools dressed as clwons and in morph suits, they''re singing that god awful we love you chant as well. embarrassing.
[/quote]

No they were giving it the big one to millwall......not the brightest move.