Sign in to follow this  
rondy

The 6 games up to Christmas..

look pretty tough!

Reading, Derby and Coventry away

Leeds, Scum and Pompey at home..

To maintain our place in the top 6 i guess we probably need around 9 points from these matches.

Realistically I cant see us picking up more than 2-4 points away from home (a couple of draws or maybe sneak a win somewhere), which means that we would need to pick up 6-7 points at home - and without my green and yellow specs on this seems highly unlikely. To go unbeaten in possibly the 3 biggest home games of the season would obviously be incredible but i''d bite your arm off 6 points right now (as long as 3 of them were taken off our friends down the road).

But as we all know from this league (esp this season) anything can/will happen, and we''re just as likely to beat Reading away on saturday, and break the Sky hoodoo as we are to lose all 3 of the home games.

To add extra spice, as it stands the 6 games are against the teams currently in 4th 6th 7th 8th 10th and 14th places - so if we do do well we should hopefully cement our place in the top 6, but on the flip side if we struggle (e.g. LDWLDL) and only pick up 4-5 points we could easily find ourselves mid tabe with the Jan sales just round the corner - which apart from hopefully some sort of deal for Barnett (perm or extended loan) I dont expect us do much whilst we watch others around us to get a couple of players in to push on.

I''m really not expecting us to finish in the top 6 this season (would obviously be great if it happened but would be happy with top 10 and looking to push on next season) - but basically I think the next 6 games will shape our season, either to push for a play off place, or more likely settle for 10-12 as we see the more experienced and/or wealthy clubs (Forest, Reading, even Leicester maybe) climb the table.

For the record I''m going to with Reading (D) Leeds (D) Scum (W) Derby(L) Pompey (W) Coventy (D) which will be enough to keep us in 5th place on Christmas Day.

How many points do you want in your stocking?

Reading Win

Leeds Draw

Ipswich Win

Derby Draw

Portsmouth Win

Coventry Lose

11 points

4th place

It''s very hard to predict so not going to bother as all the teams bar Cardiff are getting so inconsistent. I''m just happy to see City put up a fight win lose or draw :)

I''m going for -

Reading - Lose

Leeds  -Draw

Ipswich - Win

Derby - Lose

Portsmouth - Draw

Coventry - Draw

so, that''s 6 points.

6 WINS easy.....

(Slightly more seriously....Win the next 3, lose at Derby, draw at Pompey and win vs Coventry.....So i still reckon we will pick up our form, and get some decent results...)

It''s going to be tough but those sides are probably not looking forward to playing us either. I think we can go unbeaten and pick up a couple of wins amongst those games, giving us 10 points. [:P]

Really tough run but 8 or 9 points should keep us in the mix and hopefully everyone else will keep taking points off each other as well. If we can get to the new year still in and around the top six then no reason at all why we can''t make the playoffs.